Old 10-30-2002, 07:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday, October 30 - HUMP Day!

Good morning, Chicklettes.

Another cold but sunny day here in the wilderness! The dogs have done their thing and had breakfast and now we are trying to track down who has a cut paw! That's easy to do because my kitchen floor is spotless! I washed it before bed last night to clean up a washer tap leak! The fun never stops! I was seriously considering just drilling a hole through to the basement and lettting it drip down there.

This morning Lucy and I are off to the fur stylist again! Holly is too spooked to cut L's head into show cut so I'll be supervising her. It will probably end up that H. holds and I cut. Lucy can get pretty hyper so I've given her half a mild tranq - easier for everyone that way. She behaved beautifully on her birthday and even got presents from her "uncles". Birthday supper was canned dog food - big treat!

Where the heck is my big fake pumpkin! How can I lose a thing like that in an 8' by 8' storage area? I'll take another look this morning but methinks DH will be carving a real pumpkin for me instead. By the way, another four Hershey bars are missing. I sure will be glad to get Halloween over! I wish there was some kind of bar I hated. Maybe I'll do a taste testing - anybody wanna come? We could just taste and then spit out - like at a wine judging.

I have to get my financials ready to go meet with my Money Chick this afternoon. We aren't even going to talk about the stock market but I need to do some shifting around so I won't starve to death in my old age! On the other hand, at least I'd be at goal for a little while.

Just did a quick scan of yesterdays posts. BARB - don't be so hard on yourself about food. You have done really well so cut yourself a bit of slack during this stressful time. I do hope you get away on your mini-vacance this weekend.

Be back later. Havea good morning.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:01 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning Ruth and all to come

L you are a beautiful woman, and I LOVE your rummage sale sweater.

Barb, hang in there, make your goal right now to stay the same. There are times in our lives when trying to lose weight is just impossible, just try not to gain any. I understand how hard it is to have a sick parent, you worry, worry, worry. I'm keeping you and your parents in my thoughts and now your, is it sil?

Ruth you just tickle me so much Cut a hole so the water could just drip to the basement!! My, you have had your share of household "things" go wrong. Hope your done.

Again, I want to thank those that posted on the bands Guestbook. Had lunch yesterday with the Mom who is the webmistress, she plans to print off the best wishes and tack them all around the bandroom. You guys are 's

I think I'm on another plateau, but I just can't worry about it as I know I will shake out of it sooner or later. I'm not dropping weight right now but my body seems to be shifting, I can get into 18/20 on a regular basis now. I tried on shirts at Wal-Mart yesterday and 18/20 fit me really well. Didn't buy anything. I did buy a grey Blazer Sunday, I have always wanted one, they go with so much. I can wear it with jeans or dress it up with black slacks. You will never, ever guess what size i bought!! It was a 16, it's a smidge snug, but the 18 was too big. My Aunt was with me and I'm glad she was, cause I would have purchased the 18, but she talked me into the 16. Thanks for letting my brag.

Gotta run the washer stopped and I need to get the thing in the dryer.

Have a wonderful, wonderful day.

Debbie
Old 10-30-2002, 08:42 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ruth and Deb and all those to come!

Just a cleaning kind of day, a small break in the chaos this week. I have too much to do tomorrow and not enough time to do it in--there are always days like that, aren't there?
Rosie is such a cuite pie, we love her to pieces and she's a real sucky baby too. She snuggles and cuddles with me in bed before we go to sleep and nuzzles me all the time. Now if we can only get her to do her potty outside! Miree loves her to pieces and even my Grinch of a dh is coming around. She's 8 weeks old now and really has come a log way from that tiny little pup we brought home.

Anyways, gotta run, take care and have a good day everyone!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:06 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

Default hi everyone!!1

all so busy, and i'll never get through all the responses. but L.. you are GORGEOUS!!! and ruth, whenever you're ready to do a halloween candy taste test, just call me!1 i generally buy snickers bars. although mom ADORES THEM and can eat several at a sitting, they give me migraines. a great reason to avoid them.

and barb. ruth is right. give yourself a break!!!!

pooky. how can your DH NOT fall in love with that little snuggly puppy??? MEN!!!!

as for me, well, i'm home sick. sinus infection and mild bronchitis. so tired. but i have drugs and will be fine. at least that's the rumor. and i'm down another 5 pounds, for a total of 250 gone.

deb. i'm so happy for you!!!! you tiny little woman! and red slacks go well with the grey, too. if you get a red jacket you can mix and match. a happy thing. and so glad your aunt went with you. that 16 will be fitting you in no time!!! how much until your goal??? you must be getting close.

oh. had dinner last night with two of my [much-younger] friends. they're 27, and i'm old enough to be their mom! they've been best buddies since they were in grammar school, and just delightful. they didn't recognize me at first! but that passed and we had a great time. they've decided, however, that i need a man in my life, so they're going off to screen some. this'll be fun

the furnace guys are here. they showed up at 7 am to replace the 47-year-old furnace, for which there are no parts available! hope they finish up soon. the banging is annoying. and the inspector from the town has to come as well. but at least we'll be warm again, and the furnace won't bang any more.

that's about it, folks. love you all.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:10 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Good for you Debbie! In a little while that 16 blazer wont be snug at all!

Today is a marketing day, I have to sit down and send out thankyou's and coupons to all the nice folks that came to our Grand Opening. Spent about 2 hrs at the library last night, digging up address's of folks in the area with kids. Have a plan for them too

All in all a quiet but busy day planned. Stayed OP and NOT getting on the scale til Monday. Im going to get hubby to hide it!

Have a great Wednesday!
Robin
Old 10-30-2002, 01:41 PM   #6  
Slimwithin

Good morning, Chicks...and it really IS still morning here. How unusual for me to be pecking around the henhouse at this hour!
L , I just want to say how lovely you are in your photo and how adorable your two boys are.
Ruth your comment about drilling a hole in the floor reminded me of a neighbour we used to have many years ago. The were of the Doukhabor faith and lived very simply in a wooden house with no floor coverings. Just boards with cracks between them. Even month or so, the woman would sweep the floor and all the crumbs, dirt, etc, would drift down to their cellar. I must say, she had a very relaxed method of housekeeping but she was a marvelous cook. As long as I ignored the dirty vegetables lying on the table right next to where she was preparing her meals, I could enjoy what she made. Mmmm, the most delicious borscht and perogies I ever ate. She could cut out a shirt pattern that fit perfectly just by having her hubby lie down on the fabric spread out on the floor (newly swept, of course). She did the most exquisite crochet and tatting too. Anyhow, I digress.
I was going to tell you that I also had a chat with my financial advisor (I don't think she has any more clue about the stock market than I do to be honest) and I shuffled around some of my mutual funds. It has been just terrible lately and it would be bad enough if this was money I'd earned on my own, but the money going down the drain is my inheritance from my Mom who scrimped and saved and did without all her life just so she'd have something to leave us. It's just sickening.
Debbie congrats on fitting into the 16 jacket. WAHOO! And grey is a very wise choice. As you said, you can wear it with anything from jeans to black dress pants and still look smart. I had a grey jacket once that I had made and I wore it until it was threadbare.
JIFF!!! 250 POUNDS!!!!! And you say it so offhandedly. I'd be bouncing up to the moon. Gosh, you've lost almost as much as I weigh! Good luck with the new furnace. Ours is making strange noises these days too. Actually we have a furnace and a boiler that heats the water for our in-floor heating and lately it's been making strange "whooshing" noises. Of course it never does it when the furnace guy is here to check it. It's like trying to describe a funny noise you hear in your car to an auto mechanic and they give you that "WOMEN!" look.
Pooky you're always on the run. How the heck can that sperm catch up with your egg if you stay in motion like that. Aren't doggies lovely? Wish I had one but DH doesn't believe in house dogs and I have to admit, I'm not keen on doggy hairs all over the carpets and doggy-do on the lawn. Still, I miss having a dog. They are such great companions and I am alone a lot.
Robin congrats on your store opening and for staying OP. I'm also on Day 3 of Atkins Induction and so far so good. I probably shouldn't have had the ounce of cream cheese mixed with chopped walnuts for a snack last night, but it was that or a mini box of Smarties (the only Hallowe'en candy I haven't gobbled up already) so I figure I chose the lesser of two evils.

Today I have to get some groceries and go and visit my pal in the hospital, plus some other errands so I guess I'd better get my rear in gear. Have a great day, my friends.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #7  

Mid week check in!

Glad to see everyone so busy!

It is a damp and cold November day in October here in NY. It's the first real cold-in-your-bones kind of day this year. I needed to switch to a warm coat, and when I got home, pushed the thermostat up and made some soup!

Tonight DH is in the city til later, and I can just hang out a bit and accomplish nothing! Love that.

eating is not great. I have been doing hospital-wide staff training for the past 3 days, and I never eat well then. I can't bring my own food, no fridge, so I ate big protein breakfasts, then just limped along for the rest of the day. But I felt like sh** from bits of bagels and crappy danish and not enough water. So tomorrow will be such a relief. i stopped at the grocery store for salads, chicken thighs, and hamburger for the next couple of days. Boy, I'm glad that's over.

Ruth, how is your blood sugar? Don't make me ask again. Next time I'll be asking in person. I am not a good overnight guest. I snore and am very cranky til I get my coffee.

Jiff, where is your sister? I think she is out of control and may need a "craft" intervention. Tough Love Peachie- step away from the hot glue gun. Just put it down and walk away. You can do it. Yes, you can.

Pooky, I agree. Do you rest at ALL? Let those little cells settle in and start multiplying! Eat protein and put your feet up!!!

Hi Deb- congrats on your shopping trip! Want to go shopping in NY/NJ sometime?

Hi Robin, welcome and congrats on how well you're doing- keep posting, it's very inspiring!

Hey Linda, nice job getting Atkins going again. Sure feels better doesn't it. After a couple of good days, I feel like I can think again!

Hi to everyone else, it's all downhill from here!

love, dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 10-30-2002 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:40 PM   #8  
Living Juicy

I am still plugging along but still a little sick. I think its a virus. I had a horrible headache for days and am really sick to my stomach and a little vomiting. UGH. This is not a good weight loss plan...

I didn't go to my meeting tonight so hopefully next week I'll have a good loss at my weigh-in. All I know is that I want to be welllll

Ruthxxx I hope Lucy looked gorgeous after her show cut. I also hope you found your pumpkin. We never have trick or treaters in our apartment so I don't buy any candy which is a good thing for me.

Debbie, I bet the kids will do great in their band competition. You are going to be in those 16s before you know it. BIG CONGRATS, you might just be losing inches right now and just keep up the great work and those pounds will start falling off again before you know it!!

Pooky, hope you had a good cleaning day. I wish I had a little puppy. Our parakeets just don't cuddle that much...sigh.

Jiffy, it looks like we are both home sick today. ugh. Not fun. WOW 250 pounds GONE. You are an inspiration!! That is fabulous. BIG CONGRATS on all your hard work!! Hey ya never know, your friends my find you a great guy. Hope everything goes well with your new furnace.

Robin, great job staying on plan. Since I've been sick I've just eaten carbs, toast, crackers, soup, fruit soooo we will see. Good luck with your new store. How scary and exciting at the same time. I know everything will go great!! I think I am going to start again on Atkins and go through the induction next week when I feel better.

Linda I hope all your errands went okay today. That was really something about your neighbor, I don't think I've ever heard of the Doukabar faith.

Dottie, I love my dh too but it's so nice sometimes when he is gone so that I can just veg out watch what I want on TV or do an exercise video. Sometimes I NEED ME time. I feel the same way if I am not on plan, I am tired lethargic and just feel like crap. I hate it when we have all day meetings and they buy lunch which is usually sandwiches or pizza. UGH. Hope tomorrow is a good food day for you.

Anyway, sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. I am still plugging along and trying to stay afloat.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:29 PM   #9  

Slug reporting!

Hey Janice...what color are those puppies now? and have you been to the cardio doc yet?

Not a whole lot new around here. I have managed to maintain my a 15 pound gain that came over the summer months. My denim shorts don't button anymore. Why am I trying on shorts when it is so freakin cold out? 'Cause we are taking the boys to Disneyworld leaving on Saturday and returning home on Wednesday. I can't wait!!!! Hey! skinny woman, (that would be YOU, Debkay, want to meet me at the airport on Wednesday? I'll give ya a snowman!!! AND YES I DID SEND IN MY ABSENTEE BALLOT!!!!

Yes, I suppose I could use a bit of an intervention thing...I think I am suffering from, not a depression....just sort of a malaise.

Although the thought of interviewing potential Jiff dates may be just the ticket to get me out of it.

Made 34 goodie bags (only ate 2 pieces), got caught by the neighbors while writing BOO TO YOU TOO on their driveways and have a bunch of toilet paper hanging in my trees. Is their an age limit for going out on gate night? Hope I haven't hit it yet!!!

and....they are going to try to ease my little guy back into district. Had the IEP meeting yesterday where I admitted that I have 0 (zero) confidence in the district and that the "kid" (or maybe it is me) is too fragile for the system. Full Psyche Eval, and perhaps a med change.....(ummmmmmmm that would be for the little guy...not for me...so stop that!!!!!) coming up, but not before we disappear to see Mickey!

Hey Dottie, How about the Magic Tree House series for your niece? Box Car series? Nancy Drew? Captain Underpants?

See....I do lurk!

love you guys!
peach
ps....I am almost done with my Christmas shopping....do you hate me?

Last edited by peach pit; 10-30-2002 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:10 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Hey, Peach! Long time, no see. I know the malaise of which you speak. It's called "creeping carb sickness". It starts with just a corner of fresh bread, escalates with "just a nibble" of chocolate cake, whirls out of control with an entire bag of mini chocolate bars (bought for Hallowe'en, of course), and climaxes with that feeling of "Oh, who cares, might as well eat everything in sight 'cause I've blown it totally anyhow". For me it also means feeling bloated, sleepy, uninspired by anything and achy.
Get back on the plan, Peach. Don't let it spiral out of control. We're here for you.
Meanwhile, enjoy your visit to Disneyland. What fun!
Old 10-31-2002, 12:27 AM   #11  

Malaise? Is that anything like Mayonaise? If it is, and its REAL, then it's Low Carb, right????

Kel
who is feeling silly tonight - must be the Sooner sighting