Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Tuesday Chick Chat

Starting Up........
Old 10-29-2002, 06:16 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Morning ladies,
Coffee is on and boy do I need it is hot and again the Sumatra, cream is fresh too
I hope you had a good day yesterday. I spent a good part of the day doing the “giving tree” tech stuff for school. I thought it would be about and hour, but it took me from 8-3 to get everything done. Now I get an e mail this am that they are getting a new list! Screw them. I was supposed to have all the data 2 weeks ago and I have reprinted 4 times for them. It was their fault anyway; no one looked at any of the list before they handed it to me.

The kids naming ceremony went very well. I did fine until I had to read the mothers blessing and the tears started to flow. My friend Sallie was of no help as she was crying too. Way too much food as always so I managed to find a home for all of the leftovers including all the deserts to the teachers lounge at school. Kids took cookies and Challah and all the fruit. All I kept was the grilled shrimp (yes I know Sam’s gram!) and a piece of salmon. Delish for dinner last night.

Linda, good for you. I hope you do get the drug and it works.
Ruth are you warm yet?
Pooky, I will switch with you. I want you to rest and If I have to do you and me for a week I will.
Jennifer, try throwing it away before you eat the burger next time, that way it can’t even temp you.
All right off to get the kids up for school. I hate the time change already and am going to do my best to avoid the winter blues at all cost, but I see them coming at 4 pm when I have to think about turning on the headlights to get to afternoon activities.

-L
Old 10-29-2002, 06:58 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Default L, thanks for the coffee. And, what adorable little boys!!!

Hey to everyone!!

It is warm and steamy in the deep south, I hate this!! It should be cooler than this. We should have a cool/cold front in here by Friday, I sure hope so. Okay weather whine done.

I want to thank all you wonderful, thoughtful chicks for signing the band web site. You just can't imagine how much it will mean to the kids. If you haven't done so and would like to, please see the link on my post titled "I need a big favor." Thanks!!!!!!!

I need to run, too much on the plate today, I'll be back.

Have a good one!
Debbie
Old 10-29-2002, 07:13 AM   #4  

Good Morning Chickies,

Finally feeling a bit more myself lately, after battling strep for a week, feeling good one day and overdoing and then feeling bad the next. A mom of two boys just cannot afford to have too much down time.

L, what lovely boys, I just love little boys. My two have been particulary great lately. Playing so well together and wanting so bad to please. I would have been surprised if you said that you did not cry at the ceremony, tears of joy and pride are always welcome!

Debkay I will check out your band site and sign in.

Our neighbor has decided not to host a "before trick or treating dinner," therefore I have been forced to step in. Can't dissappoint the boys, it has become such a neighborhood tradition. I will be serving 14 kids grilled cheese ghosts, monster toes, jello jiggler bats and pumpkins, and ice cream molded as ghosts from mini wilton cake pans, served in a graveyard of brownie crumbs. I love the fun of halloween!

Have a great day all!

Old 10-29-2002, 07:36 AM   #5  

Good morning from the land of barely awake. Have a coffee, looks like it will be a triple this morning. I made my veggie tray last night for today's Halloween party at the drop in center. Miree is waaaaaay too excited, she's become a real handful...sigh, just the way the week is going to go...

Deb, glad I could help out--hope the band really does win!

L, those are two beautiful boys and so glad to hear that the naming ceremony went well!

Jenny, wow! That's one great spread for Halloween!

Barb, how's your dad?

Ruth, how's your wrist?

Jennifer, I am a carb addict, knew it a long time ago and I know it isn's a state of mind, it is a physiological reaction to carbs that makes us continue to eat them. The good news is thtyou have to curb your cravings for just a few short days when you're OP. It's just staying OP that's the hard part!

Linda, I am with you in spirit my dear, I don't even want to mention what happened to the pumpkin cheesecake bars in my house!

OK, so I am now going to get myself dressed and have another cup of coffee--have a good one everyone!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:37 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Angry Morning Ladies

Had another good day yesterday, stayed OP until about 9pm last night. I was freezing cold, even with the heat on, so I thought I would make a hot cocoa...low carb, with splenda and a bit of vanilla. All was well and good til I checked the carb count of the milk 11 carbs in that one cup I think I'll go shopping for some herb tea today!

I was really worried about the after affects. I havent craved sugar at all and the milk didnt seem to trigger anything....small blessing!

Not alot planned today, getting our marketing plan together so we can apply for some great grants the city is offering small businesses. Going to get some winter displays ready in the store and maybe get a walk in this afternoon, so I dont have to walk in the dark.

Im off to make the morning coffee, you Ladies have a great day
Robin
Old 10-29-2002, 09:21 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Morning, Chickadees! (and where is she, by the way?)

I got 4 hours of solid sleep last night! This could be the start of something great! The Audit went very well so perhaps I was nervous about it underneath. Today I finish one small report and Thursday will take the works for copying and collation. The AGM is Sunday and it will be presented there. I am definitely not worried about that but will be very relieved to hand over to the new Treasurer.

Managed to stay completely OP yesterday - the darn Halloween stuff was tempting but I resisted. (Remind me not to shop ahead next year. So far we are missing 8 small Hershey bars. ) I have some pumpkins and straw bales to lug to the front of the house today to get set for Thursday night. Our street is pretty dark so you really need to put on a show to get the kids to come down it. It helps that my neighbour has decorated his house with pumpkin lights. This is a new guy - he is a single parent and is really making a huge effort when he has his daughter with him. I need to get orange bows for the Girls for the evening too and dig out my Mother Barnes (witch) costume.

Today is Lucy's first birthday! There were times I thought we'd never make it! Hershey is part of the celebration so they both had gravy on this morning's crunchies! Lucy also got a cyber card from her sister Bailey! (Don't you just hate people who make a big fuss over dogs! It's so silly! ROFLOLPIMP!)

L144S - about the shrimp....... how about passing them on to me? The boys picture is so wonderful!

Pooky - the vet gave me some mild tranqs for Lucy when she has major grooming done. Shall I send you a couple for Miree? And how is the puppy?

Dondar - sorry you are still a bit under the weather. Your Halloween dinner sounds just great. I'd like to hop a plane and join the fun. I could bring two PWDs.

Debkay - glad the kidlets were pleased. We chicks love helping out with morale boosters like that. It is 20F here this morning so I cannot imagine your being in heat - I mean in hot weather!

RobinH - don't fret a glass of milk! You have been pretty darn pure and are getting results. Where are you located, by the way? I know it's the USA but....

Well, I am going to indulge in a bubble bath and another coffee this morning before going to the Office. DH is making going out to lunch noises which is a good sign. So nice to have a free day!
Tomorrow I have to spend on personal money matters with my "financial advisor" - I hate that! However, it's necessary so I don't starve to death in my old age. Hmmmm - at least I'd be normal weight for a bit.

Have a loverly Tuesday, Chickies.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:47 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ruth, Im in Buffalo NY, transplanted from the far north (ThunderBay Ont)...met and married (american) hubby and moved to the land of the red white and blue.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:28 AM   #9  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Morning all, need a large cup o' joe here, sleepy........

Did well yesterday, stayed op all day.

Ruth: I don't think it's silly to fuss over your pet, Snoop has his halloween costume (vampire's cape and medallion, as he has an underbite) he also has a winter sweater, at christmas he has a santa hat(which he hides outside every year, but I find it), he also drinks Brita water in his dish.Ha Ha He is a part of our family and we spoil him!

L: What handsome boys you have!

Robin: How long ago did you live in Thunder Bay? I lived there for about 12 years.

Dondar: Your party sounds like it will be a blast for the kiddies!

Have a great day all. :-)
Old 10-29-2002, 12:12 PM   #10  

L- Very sweet boys you have there! Thank you for sharing the pic with us!

Kel
Old 10-29-2002, 12:28 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Gee, you almost make me feel confidant enough to post one of myself.....ok here it is..
ps pooky, my rummage sale sweater for 2 bucks!
Old 10-29-2002, 07:40 PM   #12  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Well, now we know where those boys get their good looks from.

Very nice pic L!!
Old 10-29-2002, 07:43 PM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

AWWW, thanks!
-L
Old 10-29-2002, 08:20 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Oh, gosh, I'll never have time to respond to all those posts. I did read every single one of them and I'm sending out loving vibes to all of you.
I had to get up at 5 this morning in order to pack DH's lunch, make his brekky ahead of time and get myself out the door to pick up a friend who had to be in hospital by 6:45. Got her there on time, came home and crashed in my recliner chair for an hour and a half. I'd hardly slept all night because I was so worried about sleeping through the earlier than usual alarm. Silly huh?
Then I had to be at an executive meeting (my women's group) a good distance away for 10. It was so windy, it seemed as if my car would be lifted right off the highway at time (fat chance with me weighing it down. ). I'm president for the region so there were reps from all our groups up and down the Fraser Valley and some rather important plans and decisions to be made. All went well though and I was able to wrap that up by 1:30. Then I stopped to visit a friend on my way home so I was ready to put my feet up for a while and watch Y&R. Discovered the power had been out while I was away (due to the wind) and I had to reset all the clocks that I'd just changed on Sunday morning. Darn.
I have stuck to Atkins for nearly two whole days now. So far, so good.
Catch you earlier tomorrow, I hope.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:39 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Has anyone noticed that when I'm not staying OP, I can;t seem to stop by here and visit? Well I've been very MIA lately.

Dad Is finally home and doing dialysis 3x a week, but things are still stressful. yesterday we got a call from my BIL and Alvin's sister (who is barely 50) is in the hospital with a stroke!.

We are supposed to leave for Las Vegas Thursday or Friday. She seems to be doing well, they said it was just a slight stroke, but I'm not getting excited about the trip until we pull out of our driveway with the car packed. (of course we had the car packed for out trip to the antiwue flea market a few weeks back and ad to bring everything back in)

I just haven't been in the mood to eat right!!!