Old 09-30-2002, 11:28 AM   #1  

Wink lowcarbing with weight watchers

Hi: Can anyone tell me how to get to the low carbing with ww that is somewhere on the message board. My doctor recommended low carbing. Would like to combine it with ww. Thank you in advance. Ruth
Old 09-30-2002, 02:06 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Other Ruth - nece to see you. I am not sure if it's still around but will try to find it. LindaBC did that for a while. Catch you later.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:10 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Hi Busdriver, I am not sure where the low carb WW group is. I looked just now but didn't see it. We did have a forum for it, but it went for so long without any posts that we deleted it. There ARE some WW lc'ers out there. I heard from some a couple of weeks ago and they were to start a new thread. Maybe tomorrow they will see your post in WW and reply!
Old 10-01-2002, 12:15 AM   #4  
Slimwithin

I DID try low carb WW but I couldn't get it to work for me. On WW you are allowed so much more variety than, for example, Atkins, and it doesn't take much to send me on a carb binge. All the fruit and grains and pasta and rice were just too tempting. If you can make it work, I salute you.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:21 AM   #5  

Angry Hi!

I am glad I found this thread. I attend WW and I need a low carb WOE, as my Dr. told me to watch my carb intake. Aleka
Old 10-03-2002, 09:31 PM   #6  

I work with a lady who has diabetes. Her doctor put her on a diet where she is allowed 30-45 carbs a meal. She has lost a ton of weight. I'm going to try to incorporate that 30-45 carbs into my ww day. Count the carbs along with the points. Any ideas will be appreciated. I can't give up carbs completely.l Doctor wanted me to do the "zone" I know ww works. I just need to get more serious. Help me out if you can
Old 10-04-2002, 09:37 AM   #7  

Angry Ruth,

If you don't have one already, I would highly recommend you getting a good carb counter book to count your carbs. 30-45 per meal sounds doable. I hope this helps you. Let us know how the 30-45 carbs works for you. I think I'll give that a try too.

Take care. Alice
Old 10-04-2002, 11:14 AM   #8  
Happy Member

May I join in? I am doing the Foodmover, but watching the carbs closely. And I am a diet-controlled diabetic. It is working for me. I have never done WW, but I know that the RS Foodmover is much the same.

I do know for sure that I control the fork, and that ain't always easy.

Keep smiling -
Old 10-04-2002, 11:23 AM   #9  

Alice , Iam borrowing a Calories and Carbohydrates paper back by Barbara Kraus which is great. It seems to have everything. Having a hard time finding it the store though. Will have to make the trip to a book store. My friend lost about 50 lbs. She said it was hard but to just keep at it.