Old 08-18-2002, 07:45 AM   #1  

Default Daily Sunday August 18

Just thought I'd give it a try if this is going to stay or not, I don't know. I'm just happy to see it come back up! So here's some coffee and a chair come and put your feet up!
Old 08-18-2002, 08:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Pooky! However, I'll just grab the coffee - no time to sit. Just picked 16 quarts of green beans! Am keeping some and taking two messes of them to Ottawa. Today is the day I have Dim Sum with Ellis and Mauvaisroux. I've met Ellis before but it'll be a first for Mauvais.

I hope you have a great Sunday and are thinking baby thoughts!
Old 08-18-2002, 10:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/262/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning! I had a post last week - I'm new to the board and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Kristi - live in (god awful hot) southern CA desert. I have a wonderful DH and 2 boys and a girl, 8,6, and 2 respectively. I teach second grade - this year at a new school to me and the boys so we are nervous and excited to start.

I'm following Atkins and so far so good after 8 days. I've done Atkins before but went away when pg. w/#3 - the (carb) party is over forever now and I'm more excited about that than even the new job!

Happy Sunday...I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

Default what fun!!!!

hmmm. everything seems to be here, and the new look is clean and readable, even with my new bifocals!!!!

actually, i just picked up these variluxes yesterday, and i'm supposed to wear them for a solid week. what a pain! but it's so nice to be able to read and see and everything!!!

so, ruth. when we all descend on you, maybe next summer, we MUST have dim sum!!!! can we can we can we??? please? and you're having a chick meet without me???? <sniff> don't worry. i'll get over it.

i'll even help you bake pies!!

and welcome desert duck. where does a duck find water in the desert? good luck with the atkins..

and good morning pooky!!! thanks so much for starting up.. how is the adorable miree this morning? and you?

not much here. have done two loads of laundry, done Mass, gotten mom into the shower and off to church, and am getting ready for the grocery shopping.

one of peachie's neighbors is having a bday party today for her 11 year old daughter. a very nice girl. and mom and i have been invited. so, i dragged mom off to the mall yesterday. she pooped out very very very quickly, and had to be revived with a tall iced mocha [with whipped cream, of course].

i can hear what you are all asking: and the answer is: a tall iced decaf with whole milk, a splash of cream, and sugar free vanilla syrup. a wonderful treat!!!

the tiny tummy [leenie, maybe when gracie outgrows one of her little hats??] is still a little cranky, but it's settling down. and i've peeling EVERYTHING.

welcome back, ya'll... i KNOW you'll be checking in later..
Old 08-18-2002, 03:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wow! Cool look for the forums! I finally got in after trying all day, hope some more chicks get here soon!

Well, tomorrow is moan-day, so you know what I'm doing! Laundry and cooking and cleaning and planning for at least 2 unexpected visits today, that's usually what happens!

Ya'll have a good day, check in later!
Old 08-18-2002, 04:18 PM   #6  

Hi all,

Jif, I am so glad you are doing better. Sounds like a very scary ordeal. Your coffee treat sounds yummy, I want one now! Starbucks here I come!

Welcome, Desertduck, I'm glad to see you here. Not enough west coast peoples around here. I'm in another California desert, very hot here too, although not quite as hot as your area.

I am preparing to return to work on Thursday. I am definitely looking forward to it. Hope springs eternal here that I will manage to re-start both jobs and not get overwhelmed. Ha! One can always hope.

I finally found a fruit flavor of the sugar free DaVinci syrups (raspberry) locally, so am trying it just now in a snow-cone type deal. It's okay. I definitely like the syrups better in smoothies and in cereals, desserts, etc., but it's not too bad. My daughter thinks it tastes like raspberry ice flavored crystal light. I am going to have to pay down the credit card so I can place another order.

Dawna
Old 08-18-2002, 05:00 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

This is a bit different, isn't it? Anyhow, here I am. I'm just starting Day 3 of Phase I of the Fat Flush Plan. Trying to pretend I'm not HUNGRY!!!!!!! Somehow just 2 eggs for brekkie (without my beloved bacon and NO SALT) just doesn't cut it for me, but right now I'm having my mid-morning snack (a fruit smoothie with whey powder) and that is helping to fill the gap. Hope it holds me until lunch. Otherwise, it seems to be going fairly well. No weight loss yet (I knew I should have stayed off the darned scales)
I finally got my recumbant bike up and running and did about 10 minutes on it yesterday. I had to keep stopping to rest though, so I doubt if it counts as an aerobic activity. I was just about to get on it this morning when I decided to read the manual further. It tells me to do a 5 minute warmup and some stretches before starting on the bike. Well, sheesh, if I was into exercise I would have been doing such things all along and wouldn't need the darned thing. So, I talked myself out of that and here I sit with my smoothie. Hopefully, I'll be feeling more energetic a bit later.Desert Duck , welcome to you. I didn't see your original post so I'm glad you've tried again. You've come to the right place for support and fun.
Ruth your garden is way ahead of mine. No beans yet but I am getting plenty of peas now. I didn't plant it until mid-June so no wonder everything is so slow. Enjoy your dim sum (I'm sooooo jealous).
Jiff glad you're feeling better. Sounds like you've got a busy day planned too. Bet you won't want to take those glasses off once you get used to them. I have bifocals with the invisible lines and they also turn into sunglasses which is convenient. I wear them all the time except in the pool and sleeping. My sis has never tried to get used to her glasses and they are on and off all day and she misplaces them constantly.
Well, I just had a 2 hour interruption. First #1 grandson and his friend came to borrow Grandpa's pickup truck but Grandpa had to take it to the dump first, so I had them here for two hours. Luckily grandson knows where I keep the Kraft Dinner so they fed themselves...a box each. Then #1 daughter showed up with a friend and then another friend and they visited for a while and went off to lunch together (they know better than to invite me when I'm on a diet) and now Peter is home having a late lunch. Somehow I managed to squeeze in my own lunch in as well.
It's a glorious, sunny, breezy day and I should be in the garden. So, off to do domestic stuff.
Bye for now.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:24 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay if someone mentions pies one more time !!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2002, 06:09 PM   #9  
It's MY Life

Thumbs down So Glad We're Back And Ready To Run!

Happy Late Sunday Everyone!! I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" to everyone!! It has been a busy weekend and today is DH's birthday, so a suitable celebration this evening is called for. It will be suitably subdued as DS goes back to school tomorrow and me on Wed. I have lots to talk about, but alas not much time so I will try to get on here early tomorrow and catch up.

Linda, please don't tell me you're hungry and aren't showing a loss--my mom has just mailed me over $50.00 worth of cranberry juice and whey powder to get me completely legal. I fell apart this weekend with all that is going on and am hoping for a totally fresh start when the stuff gets here. Hopefully we can keep each other together on this.

Welcome Desertduck!!! I teach 3rd grade--this is year number 20 for me!!! Maybe we can swap ideas or class penpals or something?????

To everyone else that I can't post to at the minute a hearty hello and take care!!!!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 08-18-2002 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/262/170

Height: 5'10"

AdoAnnie - I'd LOVE to get together on the teacher front - it's my year #11 - 20 is SO awesome...you should be proud!

Advice/Support needed here....like I said earlier, I'm on day 8 of induction....it's my second straight day of the worst headache ever - I've taken meds but they're not doing much. I know from reading that it's prob. due to carb withdrawal - have any of you experienced these headaches - and how long do they last?? Ouch!

(Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome! )
Old 08-18-2002, 09:33 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi desert duck

hi girls I am back trying to get cought up but am so lost. I have to get to bed so i can start the new week fresh. night all and hi!!!!
Old 08-18-2002, 10:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back Nasus!! We missed you!
Old 08-18-2002, 11:03 PM   #13  
workin' my way back down

HOOOOOOORAYYYYYY...... we are back! I have suffered from the most awful withdrawal from this place..... I just had to go out of town!!!!! We left yesterday afternoon to go up to my bil&sil who live near Bear Mt along the Hudson River. We spent all day today on the boat in the Hudson..... they actually got me to put on a bathing suit and go off the boat into the river! THEN they got me to go onto the seadoo .... wow! was that ever tons of fun..... then my bil accidentally flipped it and we dumped into the river! But, I am here to tell about it...... what you guys need to know, tho, is I CANNOT SWIM!!!....... but, I WAS wearing a life jacket and managed to backstroke back to the boat (about 40-50 yards away and drifting!) while bil righted the seadoo and dh was swimming over to see if we were ok! WHAT FUN! (not to mention that this was absolutely my excercise for the day!) Well, we just got home, I need to shower and collapse from all of today's fresh air!

Welcome back to all.......
Old 08-18-2002, 11:29 PM   #14  
Hang In There

Default I've missed you...

Alvin came home from the hospital Thursday afternoon, and Friday was a crazy day and I didn't get around to turning on the puter. When I tried to log on Saturday the site was down!!! I missed ruth's memo about the yahoo site. Today I didn't turn on the puter because I knew I would be disappointed not to be anble to catch up on everyone.

I love the clean new look. Hope this works for a while.

Alvin is doing okay and I am too. I've been down to my sons to work out in his pool for the last two days. Maybe new week, I'll feel up to going to the club again.

I only gained one pound while I was camping out at the hospital. I consider that a victory. I'm still trying to figure out what to fix for Alvin to eat, and for me to eat and it's not easy.

Hope everyone has a great new week.