Old 08-04-2002, 09:50 PM   #1  
workin' my way back down

Default A Favor for a friend........

I promised a dear friend that I would ask my friends on this board for some help finding a recipe for her....... I already checked the recipe section and what she is looking for isn't there.... maybe you all can help me to help her........

She was watching Suzanne Sommers on HSN and saw her cook a recipe for pancakes. This recipe came from the "Prizewinner" recipe book.... the pancakes were made from cream cheese and eggs (at least, that's what I think she said !! )... anyhow, the recipe book was NOT available except in a complete package with videos, etc. My friend has all of the videos and the other stuff in the package and really wanted the book -- but is desperate and dying for pancakes......... She is doing Atkins Induction (along w/me) and thinks that the recipe would work well on her plan........... Do any of you have the book or the recipe that SS was making? If so, would you please post the recipe so that I can get it for my friend?

Thanks, everyone.........
Old 08-04-2002, 11:11 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

hmmm. sue posted a recipe for ricotta pancakes awhile back. they had a little bit [and i DO mean only a little] of oat flour.

maybe???
Old 08-05-2002, 04:04 AM   #3  
workin' my way back down

Nope........ I checked that recipe with her. She said the SS one had no zero zilch flour - and it even "fluffed up" like "real" pancakes....... But thanks, Jif........
Old 08-05-2002, 05:19 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

let me check the other recipies that i can dig up. I wll not be able to do that till tonight though
Old 08-05-2002, 07:33 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

woman!!!! WHAT are you doing up at 5 am?????
Old 08-05-2002, 08:00 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

SamsG~~In looking over past threads, I found that Aleka has a SS cook book. I have posted a request to her to see if she could find the recipe and post it for us. Hopefully she will respond.
~~~Sil
Old 08-05-2002, 09:46 AM   #7  
workin' my way back down

Sil.... thanks so much...... I knew that someone was doing sommercize, but couldn't remember who .... and after all of the fun and laughter of meeting the chicks yesterday, my brain had turned to swiss cheese, so I couldn't even think of how/where to look!!! Thanks so much!

Jif -- it wasn't 5 AM.... it was 4 AM..... <grrrrrr> sometimes the insomnia just comes and stays a while... like now
Old 08-05-2002, 10:41 AM   #8  
It's MY Life

I have one of SS's books here too. I will look after I get done exercising. Hey, if you have insomnia we should talk--I NEVER sleep anymore! Hope we can come up with the recipe for you.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:45 AM   #9  
It's MY Life

Well shoot, all of the recipes in my SS book for breakfast are ways to cook eggs. Sorry about that. Hope they come up with it for you!
Old 08-05-2002, 05:47 PM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Check your PM's ladies
Old 08-05-2002, 09:14 PM   #11  
workin' my way back down

Thanks everyone for your help....... I now have a VERY happy friend...... she's and and just plain !!!
Old 08-06-2002, 07:15 AM   #12  

Isn't anyone going to post this recipe for the rest of us?
Old 08-06-2002, 07:21 AM   #13  
workin' my way back down

Dottie, it was forwarded to me with a note that it couldn't be posted due to copyright constraints...... However, someone on another board posted a slightly different version that appears to be a little simpler to make, and I will post it in the recipe section!