Old 07-08-2002, 01:36 PM   #1  

Thumbs up 7th day of induction and I fell off plan...

Hi! I've been lurking and not posting, but now I need a reality check to get back op.

I was doing so well, yesterday was my 7th day on induction, I'd lost 8 pounds, and then DH ordered a pizza.

I intended to scrape off the meat toppings and just eat that, but then a piece of pineapple popped in my mouth. Followed by part of the crust. (but just the bottom part). This happened 3 times. Finally I was able to stop, but now I'm feeling the morning after remorse. According to the Fast Food Nutritional Guide each piece had 22 grams of carbs, but that was with all the crust. Should I even bother trying to figure out what it would be minus the outer crust? Either way I'm still way over 20 grams, right?

Has this happened to anyone else? How do you get over the beating-yourself-up stage and get back to positive thinking?

Any advice?

Dyan
130/169/175
Old 07-08-2002, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking

Hi Dyan!

I don't really know anything about carbs, but I HAD to post to you. As you can see, we spell our name the same. Well, our mother's did that . But it's nice to see someone else with the same spelling. I don't know about you, but as a child, I hated having to spell my name over and over again. I'll be 35 next month and am very used to it. It's really funny, because my friends don't think I look or act like a "Diane", but I do look and act like a "Dyan" . Okay, so none of them can explain exactly what they mean. When I hear Diane I think of Diane Chambers on "Cheers", go figure.

Anyway, I had to say HI.

Dyan
312/300/167
Old 07-08-2002, 04:22 PM   #3  

Hey Dyan!

You asked if this had happened to anyone else! Let me be the first to wave my hand and I'll even be so kind as to raise a few others....
(am I at my limit yet for those little icons?

Every little (or in my case BIG) fall off the wagon holds the opportunity to pull yourself up and keep going. I think that success is not in getting to the goal itself but from learning the mistakes and BIG OOOOOOPS and moving on. I think it is the stopping that leads to failure, which for me is not an option.

So chickie, my 2 cents, don't count your mistake grams...just move on and continue with a clean slate and/or reavaluate the program that you are on.

hope that makes sense...

peach
Old 07-08-2002, 08:46 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

sorry to ask this rude question, but why would anyone put pineapple on a pizza???? or am i just too much of an old fashioned italian girl???

hi peachie, honey!!!
Old 07-09-2002, 12:12 AM   #5  
Slimwithin

Just had to respond to Jiff's pizza comment. I'm half Italian but you know what? If I could eat pizza, it would be the Hawiian style I'd order and I'd eat the whole darned thing, especially the pineapple. Now 'splain that. Nuts I guess.
I do like other kinds of pizza too, just not with pepperoni or salami.
Anyhow, to get back to the question at hand. Dyan, one little mistake does not a lifetime ruin...truly. Just wipe the slate clean and start all over. Next time you're confronted with a pizza, you will be armed and ready to do battle. Stop beating yourself up.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:37 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

yeah... i agree with everyone else. one slip doesn't ruin a diet.

a dietician once told me about the 80/20 rule. it has two parts: you need to eat until you're 80% full and then stop. and the second part is that you stay on program 80% of the time, and the other 20% you can eat what you want.

and next time, leave off the pineapple!!!!
Old 07-09-2002, 12:01 PM   #7  

I figure if you slip up like that once in a while, you're doing okay if you manage to keep it from becoming an avalanche! The point is that you did it, if you were in ketosis it no doubt knocked you out, but if you've managed to stay back on Induction after that, you're doing great! Where you run into real problems is when you fall off the plan, which leads to falling off more, and more, and more until you're back where you started!

Just jump right back on ... you'll be fine!
Pen
Old 07-09-2002, 06:41 PM   #8  

THANK YOU Dyan, you just saved ME!!!! It's day #2 for me & my dh brought home our favorite pizza tonight (at my request... just want my 2 year old to eat!!!). Anyways I've been so cranky and have felt very sad not to be able to eat it. HADN'T even thought of scraping the top off. YUMMMMM.

Thank you!!! I agree with the others, just start fresh like it didn't happen.

Susan