Old 07-07-2002, 08:08 AM   #1  

Default Husbands and communication..OY VEY!

Last night DH and I were chatting about the remodeling of the kitchen. I casually asked him about when he planned on doing this. He said next week! I said WHAT!?? Okay...I asked the following:

Where is all the stuff from in the cupboards going?
Where is the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave going?
Where and how am I supposed to prepare meals?
Where is all the junk he is ripping out going?
Has he ordered all the stuff he will be needing?

He hasn't a clue. I guess his way of doing a project works well with his job, but I'm wondering who picks up after him! It all probably looks great on the computer, but where is reality??

DH, we need to talk..................!!
Old 07-07-2002, 08:41 AM   #2  

Tippy, I am with you on dh's--mine thinks he can accomplish a reno in one day! I'd like to see it happen but I'm not willing to bet on it!
Old 07-08-2002, 12:21 PM   #3  

I suppose it's possible to just rip right in there and get a remodeling done in short order ... but I recall reading a story about a husband that was working on a kitchen remodel for something like six months!!!! They had to eat out that whole time! I suppose I could handle a little inconvenience by using my outdoor grill, but where would I wash the dishes???

And actually, while my DH doesn't do remod kind of work, he and his Dad will tackle a project, but what they do is stand around drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes for a couple of hours, working out what they're going to do, and I'll look at them and shake my head - what the heck are they doing out there??? - but when they get started, they whip it out in short order because they've got it all laid out in their heads. It's amazing to watch!

Pen
Old 07-08-2002, 03:18 PM   #4  
It's MY Life

Aww Tippy, it's in the jeans.....uh I mean genes! My DH is major into remodeling projects and goes gungho about 3/4 of the way and then either loses energy or interest and then I get to nag at him to finish. One time I ended up "hiring" someone to finish putting up the window trim because it had been 2 years since we built the house and it was either a "winter job" if it was summer or a "summer job" if it was winter. He pretended to be mad, but I think he was grateful to have it done. I am sending you many hugs and good wishes as you iron out the details===hang in there!!!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 03:54 PM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Gee, Tippy, I'm like Annie..... married to a 95%-er!!! I STILL have radiator covers that aren't in place - 8 years later!!
Old 07-09-2002, 12:16 AM   #6  
Slimwithin

Gee. now I don't feel so bad about the toilet paper holder that fell off my ensuite bathroom wall a month ago and still isn't back up. I tried to do it myself but couldn't get it to stay so I can tell it needs the touch of Mr. Fix-it. I asked him to repair it. He said yes. Two weeks passed. Not done. So I put the holder parts on his night table so he couldn't miss seeing them and being reminded (save me from nagging, right?). NOT. He is ignoring them. Tonight they will be on his pillow UNDER the pillow case.