Old 06-07-2002, 02:54 PM   #16  

Talking So I'm not invisible

Thanks Kel...dying to hear what you think about it..Ihave a friend that has been going for one month...has not changed the way she eats and has lost 7 lbs and over 11 inches....sounds too good to be true? Liz
Old 06-07-2002, 08:21 PM   #17  
Hang In There

Default Did I have a great day or what?

For Christmas my youngest son gave me a "Day at the Spa" gift certificate. Well, I wanted to wait until "something special" to use it, but then I decided What the heck I'm special So today was the day!!! I started off with a hydrotherapy tub treatment, then a full body massage, the a manicure, pedicure, time out for lunch, a facial, eyebrow waxing, and "desinger" haircut. I also opted to have highlight done, since I was going to be there all day anyway.

IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! The hardest thing I did all day was try to keep the robe closed in the front So now I look and feel "beautiful".

On the subject of weight loss, I haven't had any I've been really good carb wise all week, but the scale hasn't moved a notch. Of course I did do great the three weeks before. But it would have been nice to report a little loss this week!!! Oh well, the rest of my lilfe is a long time, I'll lose more next week, or the one after that, or the one after that. I can't believe how easy it has been for me to give up breads and sugar.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 06-07-2002, 08:21 PM   #18  
Big Loser

Good evening all....been so busy the last few days I just could not get in here....busy busy busy...everyone is so busy.

Tommorrow is DD's 3rd birthday....one little friend is coming over to play and have dinner and cake. Hope you all are having a nice weekend, we are going to sit by the pool and just hang out. I have to clean out the RV, we may have a buyer...keep your fingers crossed it is costing a fortune.....

Take care!!
Old 06-07-2002, 08:53 PM   #19  

Default Back as promised, Liz!

Someone used to post here last year (was it?) who owned/ran a Curves and I had been curious about it since then. I did check into it in my town (Sacramento area of Cali) but none were close to me. I have my own home based bookkeeping business so I have a real problem taking too much time away from business - you know, 'if I'm not working, I'm not making $'. I also REALLY dislike exercising (I know Dottie, the dreaded E word!) so I was not interested in joining 24 Hour Workout or something. Anyway, in January, I was driving in a local shopping center (just 5 minutes down the street from me) and I saw a Curves Grand Opening sign. I stopped the car, looked skyward and said "Ok! I get the hint!" I joined and workout 2 - 3 times per week. I love the people there - so low key about everything. I have just started back LC about 3 weeks ago so have only seen the scale go down about 5-7 lbs. but I really feel that my flab is firming up. I love the fact that when I am working out and just when I am saying to myself that I hate to exercise, I don't want to do this, it hurts, this sucks, etc. etc. etc., then I get to move to another station and it is just fine! (you see, you work at one thing for 30 seconds then move on to the next - a very effective plan for the exercise-challanged) The whole workout only takes about 30 minutes and I love it. YOu can work as hard or as light as you want/need to! I can't lift due to a bad back so I just do leg lifts next to the one machine that bothers me. I can do everything else just fine!

Ok - so does this cover it or do you have any questions??? Feel free to ask.

Kel
Old 06-07-2002, 09:57 PM   #20  
Old Cackler

thank you so much for the info, kel.. there's a curves around here somewhere [haven't seen it but that doesn't mean anything], and the inside info really helps. of course, there's always the olympus gym with that adorable rafael with the blue eyes...

as for the rest of you, YOU'RE WEARING ME OUT!!!!! i feel like a slug by comparison.

all i've done was: 30 minutes of exercise, making lunch, going to work, revising two documents that i wrote [but never actually READ as there wasn't time], planning 4 newsletters, reviewing and organizing a slide program involving 60 presenters, soothing an irate design director, reviewing changes to a syllabus, answering endless questions [did i change the meaning of this sentence? what do we do with these graphs? where are my slides you promised to review? i can't fix these margins, and on and on and on], playing with the dog, picking lettuce, taking mom to dinner.

and speaking of dinner.. has anyone heard of this???? there was a table full of 8 adults [4 couples] and a table several feet away with all 10 of their children. now, the kids weren't terrible, but they were definitely kids... how could anyone have the nerve to inflict that many barely supervised 6-10 year olds in a public place????

i've not been the best wls patient today. i ate two cookies and 4 tiny pretzels. and not enough protein. but i did get some veggies in and even a piece of fruit. oh well. i've been very very good for a long time. i don't have to be perfect.

hope ya'll have a good weekend...
Old 06-09-2002, 08:40 AM   #21  

Talking Thanks Kel!

I appreciate you getting back to me! Liz