Old 06-05-2002, 07:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default DAily - Wednesday, June 5

Happy HUMP Day! It's been raining all night but is a decent temperature this morning. The dogs rolled around when they went out this morning - ever deal with wet dogs covered with grass bits from the lawn that got mowed yesterday? My kitchen floor looks like a salad!

Got good news from my physiotherapist yesterday - I can do the physio at home for the summer! I think he was sick of my whining and *****ing and needs a rest. The mobility in the arm is 95% and will be normal soon. However, some muscles are 75% strength and three others are only 50% recovered. I still will be doing the damned strengthening exercises twice a day but don't need to go to him unless I have major grief! Whew! I am still going to have pain for 3 to 6 months but Advil will take care of that! (somehow, I think I posted this yesterday but it must have been on another Board.)

My assistant gardener came after school yesterday as scheduled and we planted tomatoes, peppers and stuff for two hours. That would have been six hours on my own! Ashley is just great! She works away and chats at the same time without slowing down - no flies on her, as they say around here! We are going to do some daffy deadheading at the Church on Thursday and plant nasturtiums in the daffy beds.

I am going to the Office shortly to start writing receipts for Fair donations. William, the Secretary/Manager, is going to be there this morning so I want to get in and out before he arrives. Wm. works really hard but constantly complains about folks who don't work as hard as he does. Sometimes I HATE working with volunteers - but I'll get over it! In my opinion, a volunteer position should be treated as if it were a paying position or else don't do it! OK - that's my whine for the day!

The pics from the Jersy Jaunt are available now - except for my B&W ones! - slow. When we have them all, I'll run them by Leens, Jiff and Peachie and Nora and I will figure out a way to let everyone see them.

Have a wonderful OP day.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:53 AM   #2  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone! That blue is the color we wish the sky was around here!! Does anyone know Noah or a descendent of his cuz we need an ark around here!! Wow, did we get the rain yesterday. Our little town was lucky--we only got 3-4 inches, but many towns just north of us got around 8 inches in about an 8 hour time period. Creeks, streams, rivers everything out of its banks with LOTS of flash flooding. I just got back from taking DS up to football and it is sprinkling again. Wish us luck!! Besides looking at the rain yesterday I cleaned out my laundry area yesterday, about a 3 hour job, but even DH was impressed when he saw it.(That doesn't happen very often) Got in my Walk Away tape--eating was so-so. Gotta get better at that part!! Don't know what I will work on today--not feeling that inspiration yet Wonder how it would go over if I didn't do a project today, hmmmm......

Ruth, glad you don't have to make that trip to the therapist now. Sounds like you are making good progress. Your garden helper sounds like great assistant.

Hope everyone has a terrific day--I think that we are due one don't you.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:53 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Morning Ruth and all to come!

HUGE, thunderstorms here last night, they even had to cancel the Brave's, Met's game. Today should be a warm one with more storms to come. I just love a good thunderstorm.

My spaghetti salad was a hit last night at the Band Boosters Board meeting. My hubby said everyone liked it. They were asking how I was doing, so my husband entertained them with stories of my crazy thoughts while I was in ICU. While in ICU I thought I went on trips to New Zealand, doctors were sleeping in my floor, people were bringing animals into the unit. From what I understand this is quite common for a long term hospital stay. Theres more and it is very funny now, but at the time I thought it was real.

Jiff, it is tough to cook for the family, most of the time I just eat small amounts of what I cook for them. My weightloss is slow, but at least it is moving in the right direction.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Debbie
Old 06-05-2002, 07:56 AM   #4  
It's MY Life

Debkay, you snuck in there on me---glad your salad was a hit--it sure sounded delicious. It is so good to see you posting--we were missing you!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Thanks Annie, I know I've told you this before, but Annie is the name of my favorite Aunt. I just love that name!

How is your son doing? I see he is still playing ball, all the fun, fun summer workouts.

Debbie
Old 06-05-2002, 08:17 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Its dark and gloomy and just plain old crapy out today, hopefully later it won't be to humid when the sun comes out. I hate humid weather, it makes me nasty

Ruthie, can't wait to see them pictures, mine should be ready today too. I think I can pick them up around 11:00 am and I will email them to you all.

Deb I do intend on trying that recipie, maybe this weekend. The pepperoni thing just hits a nerve.

Annie, I'm glad your back with us, your such a doll. And I love your name too, my daughter's middle name is Ann.

Nuthin much new, I think Friday I'm headed to Walmart in NYS to see if I can get some things for the house (rugs, lazy susan, curtains, etc) dunno yet. A lady I work with went into this craft store yesterday on Rt 59 (AC Moores) and she came back so excited....she said LEENIE !!! they have a raggedy ann floor mat there and I hid it for you ROFLMFAO so I HAD to go get it Do I have these folks trained right or what LOL. Actually I collect a few raggedy ann stuff but I don't go crazy with it because really what do you do with all the crap ???? lol. I have enuf junk in my house.

Well chickens, have a good one, and as soon as I get the picts, I'll send em off. Ruthie if you have any close ups of me BURN THEM !!!!!

Love Me !

Last edited by Leens; 06-05-2002 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:34 AM   #7  

Burn mine too Ruth! I get the heebie geebies just looking at them!!!!!

Then we can burn our bras no matter WHICH way you decide to put them on!!!!

Off for a pedicure this morning around 10am but I am going to try to call Ms. Debkay and see if she has the bowl left from her salad so I can lick it!

sheeesh....I need to get a grip!

Only a few more days of school

AdoAnnie, I think that for today you should do what ever your heart desires!!!! DO IT! GO FOR IT! Have a Calgon Moment!!!

Leens, there is a little craft store here in town and I came this close (see my fingers about a centimeter apart) from buying a Raggedy Anne sign that was ADORABLE! It was one that you could hang on your door and it said, "Welcome to my Raggedy House" cute cute and double cute! Good Painting too! Save me the almonds out of your drawer and keep your van door closed ok?

Off to scoot the big kid out!

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 06-05-2002 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:57 AM   #8  

You guys are the best on a rainy day! Can't stop laughing! Actually, it's a foggy day here with intermittent rain. matches my mood. I know I have lost too much blood, going to have to take an iron pill today. Miree is staying at daycare all day--I'm having a REALLy rough period this time around, but then again I knew it would be like this. Today is Day 1 of Clomid. So instead of feeling better, I'm going to be feeling worse! Let's just say that the only thing being worked on today is my pillow for the most comfortable position. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:44 AM   #9  

Well, we have rain here in "not-so-sunny" New Hampshire, too. So looks like we all will have green lawns this weekend. (See -- you need to see the positive side. )

Debbi - I LOVE the aqua class (going back tomorrow night). As for have to wear a suit -- well, it's better than being naked. All kidding aside, most of the participants are as heavy or heavier than I am so I don't feel self-concious (sp?) at all.

Despite the gloomy day, I have a ton of errands to run (and not all of them are going to be fun). But since my house looks like a bomb went off in it and I'm really big on procrastinating the clean up today, I guess it's better to be off driving around town.

No exercise yesterday. Too busy bring Avon records up to date and creating my monthly newsletter. Will try to get in some exercise while running the errands today (i.e., parking at the end of the lot, taking the stairs, etc.).

Hope you all have a nice day! Talk to you soon.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:10 AM   #10  

Talking Happy Day!

Raindrops keep falling on my head... The weather is beautiful here for a change! Life is good....can't complain or else I would! Have a good one everyone! Going to pick up all my stuff from the Gramma's Attic party I attended! Bye for now! Liz
Old 06-05-2002, 06:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Happy Wednesday!

Send me some rain! It's about 100 degrees here, I can't take it anymore! It's not even summer yet! It is supposed to storm tomorrow, so maybe my plants shouldn't give up the ghost yet!

It was another lovely day at work today. The upside is I had to chase a postal worker across the globe, so I was out of the office for a couple of hours. Snuck in a trip to the fabric store while I was out hey, they will never know! The boss is still ticked and not talking, so I guess I really stuck my foot in it, whatever I did. No write up as yet, so I guess maybe it's PMS on her part. Anyway, I'm not stressing, because she's looking for another job according to the rumor mill. So long, grouchy!

Off to stink up the house with cabbage and sausage , but I'll talk to ya'll later!
Old 06-05-2002, 08:43 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

don't have much to say [oh stop laughing!!!]. wore one of my new outfits to work and got rave reviews, and bagged up more of my baggy baggy clothes to put in the garbage.

it's hard for me to part with them, no matter how illogical that may sound. not quite sure why that is, but good heavens!!!! they CAN'T hang around here!!!

mom seems OK. and the job is going very well.

so, all in all, things are doing fine. just wish nora and ruth were around the corner...
Old 06-05-2002, 09:23 PM   #13  
Big Loser

You all need to send me some of your rain...we are having a HOT DRY Spell here in East TN. Surrounding counties have gottn rain but not us.....and we need it...on the ups ide the pool is warm and wonderful....in it again tonite with the kiddies.

Things are good! I am still not losing weight but life is OKAY!!!!