Old 06-04-2002, 03:03 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Low Carb Right For Me?

Hi everyone!

I think I've had a lightbulb moment in the last couple of days. I've been going to WW for nine weeks, and I've lost 3 pounds. It's because I have felt hungry the entire time I'm actually doing the diet, and then I binge. And then, of course, I feel horrible about myself, and the cycle starts over.

I did the Atkins diet several years ago before my wedding, and lost about 30 pounds. I was highly motivated, and it worked wonders. One problem though - I developed kidney stones. I've heard there are studies out there right now that say low carb diets may cause kidney stones, and since they were so painful I'd like to avoid having them again if I can.

I drink lots of water (12 oz. an hour while I'm at work), and would like to do something low carb-ish again, but maybe not pig out so much on cheese, oily meat and nuts like I did last time. Can anyone steer me to a good book that might fit in with that kind of plan, or tell me what they're doing to lose weight? I guess basically I'm looking to modify the Atkins diet and make it work a little better for me. Oh - and I'm always looking for good breakfast ideas! That's my problem meal on low-carb.

Thanks in advance!
Bean
Old 06-04-2002, 04:16 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Bean,

Welcome !!!!!!
Well I'm going to tell you the truth, right now I don't know what the heck I am doing (dieting). I did do atkins but that was WAY to restrictive for me.

Before I got pregnant I did Carbohydrate Addicts Diet (its in paperback) and was doing wonderful on it. Someday I hope to return to it. When your on CAD you eat 2 meals that are protein and one meal that is your reward meal and you can eat what ever you want. Its not complicated. But please, before you take my advice please ask your doctor what would be good for you since you've developed health issues.

Hope this helps, Love Leens
Old 06-04-2002, 08:11 PM   #3  

And to add what Leens said, please go to the public library and check out books on the various low carb plans out there and read read read. No one single plan is right for everyone, sometimes you have to mix and match to get the right fit!
Old 06-04-2002, 09:13 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

another one to try is Protein power Life Plan. that is a good diet and they do have a very good board that can be of any help too if you have any concerns.