Old 05-30-2002, 11:33 PM   #1  
Big Loser

Default 9/11/2002

I would like to take a minute and remember all those that we know who:

perished in the tragedy of 9/11

worked to rescue victims of 9/11

are members of every branch of the US Military who risk their lives every day to keep us safe

are members of the military in every other country that supports the destruction of the terrorist network

and every one of us that believes in God and our country.....

........if you have a personal message or issue add it here so we can all recognize it.

I have 2 brothers - one serves on the USS Enterprise and has fought the war on terrorism and well as Desert Storm. One worked at Ground Zero for 2 months. They are both home now and I am very thankful for their contribution and their sacrifice.

God Bless you all!
Old 05-31-2002, 08:22 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

rachel...

i'm with you. the office i just started working in is in the meadowlands, near giants stadium, and it has a great view of the NYC skyline. everyone there has told me about how they watched the towers come down and how they felt about it. one woman actually moved her office afterwards because looking at the empty space upset her so much.

i was in the hospital at the time, and i remember that some of the nurses had to leave because their husbands or family members worked there or in the neighborhood.

and even though every staff member was on 24-hour alert [this hospital, although not a trauma center, was on the list to receive victims], so many of them went in after their shifts and put in another 8-12 hours doing ANYTHING- digging, making sure workers were fed, organizing, whatever needed doing. and that includes the respiratory therapists, physical therapists, nurses aides, and who knows how many others.

what a wonderful bunch of people!!!!

yesterday, we all gathered at the windows to watch that beautiful flag flying over ground zero. i t was a wonderful sight, but NEVER AGAIN!!!

as proud as you are of your brothers [and well you should be!!!!] my prayer for all of you is that they stay safe... even if that's not in their 'job description'
Old 05-31-2002, 12:57 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

What a nice thing.

I know of one lady who worked on the 17th floor in the 2nd tower. She got there in the morning when the 1st tower got hit. They told her to leave. She was walking down the street and thats when the first tower collapsed, she ran for her life. I thank God that she made it back to her family. She has retired from her job and is going to therapy on a regular basis, I can not imagine what she is feeling, I can only tell you I watched it live while it was happening and the feelings are undescribable. You could actually see the smoke from those buildings one mile from my house. The highways were stopped and everyone was just staring in disbelief.

My Father was in the Military (Army) and let me tell you, I have the utmost respect for our Military People, and especially to those POW/MIA's, my heart just weeps for them and their families. To think a stranger would give his/her life so that me and my little girl can have freedom, rights, the ability to walk the streets and feel safe, etc.... is just mind blowing.

This is such a strong issue of mine I could go on forever.

To all our Military and anyone else who helps protect this country...GOD BLESS YOU... and... THANK YOU !! You are Loved and Respected.

GOD IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Love, Leens