Old 04-26-2002, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default Daily - Friday, 04/26/02

Wow! It's 7:40 and none of you have checked in yet? Hope all are well!

We got about 3" of snow last night. Good thing I didn't put out my starter plants yet.

Got in some yard and house work yesterday. Lots of water. Not a bad day.

How about the rest of you?

Old 04-26-2002, 07:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Jo. I was up early but my routine is different these mornings. Now snow here but cold. Hope your plants are OK.

Yesterday was a cold and rainy/sleety day but today is looking really good! I took Madame Hershey to the vet yesterday - she is now 57 pounds! Her show weight is 43! I have her on low cal food but she needs exercise so we walked yesterday. She slows down after 15 mins so we did 2 walks of 15 minutes. And I am not a fast walker! Miss Lucy "escaped" this morning and got full of burs. Later this a.m. I'll be de-burring her. Anybody got a tranquillizer for dogs? DH is going to have to help on this one!

Not many plans for today but do intend to walk 45 minutes, with or without Madame. Lucy is still too goofy to walk consistently but I may put the Halti on her - she hates it but it works. Next step, the prong collar!

Got some new summer clothes! Very exciting! Also discovered that capri pants are the right length for me as regular pants. That means I can buy pants and put them on without the 2 week sit on my sewing table. Sigh! Life is good.

Gee, Scooby, nice trip for orientation! Too bad about DH but he is married to Career Girl Scooby so... Enjoy yourself.

DonDar, our work colleagues really are our family for 8 hours a day. Any chance you can keep in touch with this person? I have a few work friends that I lunch with sometimes.

Tippy, glucosamine makes your hair grow faster? I must cut back or I'll be shaving every 20 minutes this summer. Bet the new perm makes youy feel perkier than usual.

Pooky, Miree is so adorable. The Birthday looks like overkill to me - but I am old and crabby and cheap. Let's hope spring has come to Ontario - the hummingbirds are back in southern Ontario!

Leens, I am going to get some cans of evaporated milk or a quart of that stuff that does not need refrigeration. I cannot stand black coffee unless it has liquer in it - and that is not an option at 5 a.m.

Liz321, I'm trying for 45 minutes today. Yesterday was cold and rainy but I did get a bit of a walk in.

SunDrop, I think I forgot to welcome you to the LC Board. So WELCOME! This is a great place for support, to vent and just have fun! Feel free to discuss anything on the daily and to open a new thread for specific advice.

Jenniwookie, I can certainly relate to your Aunt. I am finally firmly into an 18 and have lots of 20, 22 and 24 sizes to ditch. Somehow, making them smaller does not work - you still feel fat. Like those maternity clothes that you can "wear later"! Congrats to your Aunt, that's a great loss.

McMom - OMG! No wonder you are stressed out! Maybe the baby shower could be moved a bit later? I think ignoring the upstairs is a great solution and should help a bit.

Lara, wouldn't it be neat if you and Scoob could get together? A lactation consultant? What a good idea. We need a baby report and maybe a picture?

MamaJ, want me to come down there with my Chicken Purse and straighten out that guy? Hang in there, girlie, but keep on fighting. Vent away - I am sure it helps.

Goodforme, sounds like you had a wonderful day. Nothing like digging in the earth with a sister or friend to restore your faith in Mother Nature.

Have a good one, Chickies!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:53 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

Default GOOOOODDDDD morning!!!!

a cheerful, sunny, bright day here in joisy land. yesterday was cold and rainy, but very very productive. many errands, and a trip to the chiropractor, so i can now walk. that's a nice thing.

but the biggest news is something most people don't think about.

SHOES, or perhaps more accurately, shoe SIZES. it was time to replace my 2-year old, falling apart black leather new balances, the ones with a roll bar in the heel [they support all the pressure my poor feet have to put up with]. they're a man's shoe for those of you who want to look into them, and they wear better than women's shoes.

and why don't they put those roll bars into women's shoes???? because the STUPID manufacturers don't think a woman puts as much pressure on her feet as a man does!!!!

but i digress....

not only did i pay 10 bucks less than the last time i bought them, I ALSO TOOK A HALF SMALLER SIZE AND TWO SMALLER WIDTHS!!!!

isn't that COOL????!!! it made my whole week!!

what else??? hmmmm. excited about monday's interview. lunch with a girlfriend planned for today, and will be taking mom. girlfriend is a very very chatty person, and keeps mom awake. we're going to a lovely italian place in the hills [note to LEENS: portofino's in jefferson on berkshire valley road].

for about 8 bucks, you get homemade bruschetta, homemade soup, a big salad, and entree with vegs or pasta. a great deal!!!

and just about all of mine comes home, and mom always has enough for another meal.

as for the rest of you...

scooby.. aren't these training jaunts great???!!!! maybe when you get to travel somewhere else, DH can come along... he should be very very proud of you and enjoy it!!!

and McMom, don't let them get you down. try to snag some downtime, even if you have to lock the door!!!

pooky.. i wrote a note about how adorable miree is, but i lost it. and peach would indeed love to have her, but a warning, she'd come back VERY spoiled. VERY much a princess. and i'd help!!!

and everyone... enjoy your spring planting and dogs [i'd LOVE to meet hershey and lucy on their walks!!! they sound adorable]

and stay calm and out of trouble.

more later, i hope.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:15 AM   #4  

Good Morning, Happy friday!

Around here Friday is just one day closer to Daddy being home all day and me getting a break...

I have been reading through all the old threads in this forum like crazy. There is so much that I didn't know about this WOE. I'm sort of kicking myself for not buying a few books first. Like, I now know why my breath has gotten so stinky. This was truly puzzling as I am huge on oral hygeine.

It's funny I feel like I have very little to offer others here but encouragement until I get up to speed. I know lots about fertility, birth and breastfeeding though!

jdoneil 1- My family lives in Northern Vermont- They got about 5' of snow overnight. My Aunt says she is about to cry, anticipating Spring, and planting her seedlings.

Ruthxxx- Thanks for the welcome. I have to alter capri pants today! My 5 yo daughter is about 3'' too thin in the waist for any size 6 pants we buy her. I told her it was because people feed their kids too much junk. She couldn't understand why clothes never fit her. The irony of my situation and my DD's is not lost on me.

Jiffypop- Shrinking feet, now that's something to look forward to!
In general women's clothing and shoes are made to be disposable and men's aren't. Just another crappy thing about the clothing manufacturing industry.

Well I'm off to drink a bunch of water!

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:22 AM   #5  
Big Loser

Morning all!

Lara-I would love to get together, I have a car rented for me, I am staying at the Marriott Mcdowell Mountain!! I get in Monday am and will be there til Friday.

Sounds like everyone else is busy as bees!!! We are having some gorgeous TN springtime weather. DH actually took the cover off the pool last night. Summer will be here before you know it!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Old 04-26-2002, 09:44 AM   #6  

Morning...snow on the ground this morning....weigh in later today...I will check back after that.....working all weekend....feeling tired, just one of those kinds of days! Back later, have a good one everybody! Liz
Old 04-26-2002, 09:50 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning Ninnies (dont' slap me)

Nothing much here, I'm off my my soap box regarding buying a car, we picked up the Chrysler Town & Country last night...hubby picked it and I was to tired to argue. It really is nice and rides like a dream, I just hope it lasts. Anyone wanna throw money in the back, I'll be right over (for those of you that don't know what that means, if you buy a new car people are supposed to throw money in the back for good luck ).

Jiffy, lunch sounds great. We are going to lunch today to since my boss is out (it gives us extra time lol) its a little bar & grill about 5 minutes from work.....they have great veggie burgers, but I really want to make a good choice...pray for me lol I hear you on the shoes, I have men's new balance's also. They are so much more comfortable than the womens. I went to Marty's shoe outlet and got a great pair for $65 (not cheep but worth it).

Ruthie, capri's are like shorts on me , Irish cream is excellent in coffee

Sundrop, its so nice to have you with us, and everone brings alot to this group, we are happy your with us.

Jdoneli, SNOW OMG...........yuck, I'll be faning the warmer weather your way as soon as we get some

Everybody have a blessed day !
Love, Leens
Old 04-26-2002, 11:54 AM   #8  

Morning All!

Here it is, Friday already! Now, I normally enjoy the weekends, but this week has moved along too quickly for me. I have so much to do and so little time to do it all. And, every weekend is jam packed from here on out.

Tomorrow I am going to my parents (yep, again). My family from Nebraska has driven out to visit us! The interesting thing is that this is my dad's side of the family and we just met them last summer. My grandma (his mom) had divorced his dad when he was just 4 or 5 and ran away from Nebraska to Portland with a married man (in 1950!). Anyway, she spun a web lies over the years that made my dad and I (she lived with us when I was a teenager) think that my dads family didn't want anything to do with us. Well, 18 months ago, via the wonderful world wibe web, I found them! Isn't that exciting?!? His dad has passed, but he still has a HUGE family of Aunts & Uncles and so many cousins! It has been a true blessing. And, what's really funny is spending your whole life wondering who your dad looks like, who I look like (because I look just like him) and how we got so tall and such big ole noses -- then to meet them all and see that there are a whole bunch of people who look just like the two of us! I spent months mad at my Grandma for denying my dad and I this wonderful loving family, but she's been gone for 6 years now and all I can come up with is that she had her reasons.

Next weekend my moms sister (my other aunt) is getting married, so that will definitely keep us busy too!

Ok. I've rambled and probably told you more than you care to know! LOL!!!

Have a great day everyone! Stay warm, stay dry!
And Scooby, I understand that Scottsdale is absolutely gorgeous and the shopping is some of the best in the country!

Have a groovy day!
Old 04-26-2002, 11:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Good night, johnboy!

Wow, a few more minutes and I could have started the weekend thread. Well, went to dinner with Judy tonight and had wayyyy too much fun. And way too much NOT ON PLAN FOOD!!!!!!! I won't mention the M word or MamaJ will be hollering at me, but it was yummy!!!!

I'll be working in the darn yard again tomorrow, I really waited too late to catch the gardening bug. Why didn't I do this when it was cool, or a few years ago when I had the strength???? Anyway, it is shaping up and looking beautiful!

Talk to ya'll later!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 12:22 AM   #10  
Senior Chicky

Arrow Hey Sherrie!

Mama Sees All !!!

Have fun little chick! Toooooo tired to scold you tonight BUT I Will See you tomorrow!

Everyone have a wonderful and safe weekend. Dh/Ds went to the deer lease-so, I CAN CHAT TOMORROW !!! YIPPEE !!

Last edited by MamaJ; 04-27-2002 at 12:25 AM.