Old 04-19-2002, 07:01 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Friday, April 19th

Good Morning ladies and Happy Friday!

I just finished cathcing up on yesterdays thread, Wow we have all known some losers huh? My first husband was unceremoniously dragged from my house by the sheriffs department after threatening my life, this was after he called my parents in another state and told them I was mentally ill and should be committed to an institution, this from a man who had not had a JOB IN 2 YEARS....I saw him one more time in divorce court..at which time he tried to convince the judge I was pregnant, crazy and should be returned to his "custody"

My DH now has his days but for the most part he is a pretty great guy!

Goomba, sounds like your DH needs a dose of reality ranch....I would have very calmy advised him that should be go find himself someone else to f*** he had certainly better be sure she could afford him and you and all of your assorted cats, dogs, children etc. as she would soon be supporting all of you!!! Then I would slow the car down(only slightly). AND SHOVE HIM OUT THE DOOR!!!!

I think that may solve the problem!

We are off to KY today for my Fatherinlaws 75th brthday, we are camping at a state park with a gazillion of our assorted dysfunctional relatives...should be fun!!!!

Have a great weekend ladies, talk to you all upon my return !!!!

Last edited by scooby2; 04-19-2002 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:20 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
It has been a busy few days. I have finally gotten back into my exercise routine and feeling VERY sore… but in a good way.

I went with 40 second graders to the New England Aquarium on Wed. My car thermometer read 99. It was too hot and there were way too many people for my liking.

Little man is home with me today… I think I will have a little breakfast with him…. Do the elliptical and then take little man out…but that may change.

Goomba, I am so sorry for you. Men can be real pricks. My DH is less than perfect. He is a good person, but sometimes I wonder if he thinks about anyone but himself.

Scooby, have fun….take notes, then report!

Have a good day all, and a very happy Friday.

-L
Old 04-19-2002, 07:44 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

scooby, you are sooo brave.... facing not only crazy relatives, but BUGS and things that crawl into sleeping bags or growl!!! you call this a vacation??????

great luck on monday. and enjoy your weekend.

and L.. 40 2nd graders/????? did you have your earplugs handy????

and after reading about all these husband problems, i'm glad i'm not married!!! with all the guys i've dated, i knew that they'd NEVER improve with age or marriage, and i'd rather be at peace alone than miserable with them. but i always hope that there's someone NICE, kind, intelligent [even!!!!] out there somewhere. unfortunately, he's probably too tired to say more than one or two words!!!!

well, off for the first of three days of work. the company wants to see how i cope with them. a good idea in many respects. at least it gets me out of the house and some money into my pocket!!

more later.

have a great day, ya'll.!!!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 07:55 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

About men - the voice of experience here ......They have two heads and they think with the small one! So very frustrating! And they do NOT improve with age!

Gorgeous sunrise this a.m. but clouding a bit now. I am somewhat disappointed that the Dog Garden is not fenced for this weekend. The fencing and posts have still not arrived! We expect company Saturday afternoon - two adults (one hyper), two kids (both hyper) and Lucy's sister, Bailey. You can assume that B. will be really hyper! Dogs take after their family, I've found.

Busy day and weekend coming up. Syrup Festival Saturday and Sunday where I will be taking money at the door. I intend to have pancakes and syrup without feeling guilty. Today I am doing laundry and some cooking. I want to have pizzas ready and frozen for my company and also traditionally make a few loaves of sandwiches for the workers at the Festival. After working Saturday 8-6 and again on Sunday, folks are really ready for a change from pancakes for lunch! I also have five lilac trees to plant along my new privacy fence. Tonight we go out to dinner at our minister's house. DH has made me promise to fake an allergy attack if it gets really boring! They have four house cats so it may not be difficult.

Yesterday and Wednesday were really Off P days! Today started off OK until Miss Lucy ate my bacon and eggs while I was getting more coffee! The last egg so I ended up with Kashi. Grrrr! She certainly is an opportunist! I am planning a very light lunch as I have no idea what dinner will be. Must drink more water too.

Have a good Friday - and Scooby, enjoy the dysfunctional family camping event. Functional families are anachronisms now, I think.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:34 AM   #5  

Good Morning Chicks one and all!

Goomba--I'm so sorry to hear about your man--gee, do ya think they cut them out of cookie cutter molds in heaven?

Scooby--holy canoly girl, you have put up with the **** in a hand basket variety of man--good for you to leave!

Jiff--I doubt very much it has to do with the age of the man, I know that the older I get the less bull sh*t I'm willing to put up with!

Ruthie, sorry to hear about your fence, I hate waiting to get things done too (go figure! ) but just think of all the quality running around the pups will do when the fence is in!

I have the usual men are jerks story too--my first dh thought he'd found a better place to put his penis and left me but then decided his penis didn't want to stay there and tired to come back to me 3 months later. Told him to take his penis and hit the high road since this tunnel of love was closed!

I have a great dh now, but yeah, even he has his moments although I have to say he's getting better. I like to think it's my intensive training program--engage the real brain (not the secondary one!) before engaging anything else!

As for today, I'm going to be doing some quick errands and then some garening--good news afoot--my daffies have bloomed and my glories are sprouting--aaah spring is in the air!

Have a great one!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:06 AM   #6  

Wow! You ladies sure have had lousy luck with men. Hope the future is brighter for you in that field.

I'm married to a nice guy. Not perfect (perfect would drive me up a wall as I am certainly less than perfect myself). Sometimes selfish (aren't we all?). Some times lazy (like I run at full steam 24/7 ). But mostly his a kind, considerate mate and a good father. If I could change anything about him, it would be to lose the cigarettes and the rum (occasionally drinks to the "tipsy" level). But then he would probably like to see me stop dieting. In our eight years of marriage, I've been on about 18 diets and never finished one. He's supportive of each try but I thinks he's finally tired of hearing "tomorrow I get serious".

I wanted to share with you all an encounter I had on Wednesday. While working at the local middle school, I met a teacher who weighed (roughly) 200 pounds. She was recommending "WOW" potato chips to another teacher as a good dieting tool. I pointed out that they weren't good for everyone. Her response floored me. She said "Well, they don't bother me and they've helped me lose over 300 pounds." Later I asked her if she would mind sharing some of her dieting tips. One tip is all she had -- she's learned to identify true hunger (not emotional/boredom eating), and then eats only until she is satisfied (not full). It's taken her three years to lose just over 300 pounds. I was shocked. She looks good even at 200 pounds. No baggy skin. She walks for one hour 3-4 days a week for exercise. She strictly limits her sugar and has all but elminated chocolate from her diet. Other than those, she eats whatever she wants but only until she is satisfied. Oh, and yes, she drinks lots of water and other caffeine-free drinks.

Gotta go. I'm volunteering as a parent at my little one's school this morning.

Last edited by jdoneil1; 04-19-2002 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:24 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning Kids,

WOW as not in the chips Thats a great story Jdoneil but I am like you, the WOW chips are not a healthy way to eat, the chemical in that stuff is really bad for the body....okay enouf, I know some folks like it. Need more coffee ROFLMFAO.

Ruthie.............where's my pie?

Today is my last free day, boss lady comes back on Monday...boo hoo. I won't have as much time to play but thats okay, she keeps me on my toes (figuratively speaking of course, or I'd look like an elephant doing a ballet dance )

Have a great day all !!

Love, Leens
Old 04-19-2002, 09:31 AM   #8  

Default Happy Friday

Morning all! Sometimes you just have to laugh! Back to ww today and hopefully back on track....so far I work this eve but am off the weekend...we shall see if that lasts..the snow is melting and spring is on its way...AGAIN....have a great day all! Liz
Old 04-19-2002, 09:43 AM   #9  

Default Men and relationships!

Goomba, I'd like you to think long and hard as to why you'd want a man in your life that would speak to you like that!

Heck, men are like bus'es. If you miss one, another one will come along in a few minutes!

My DH changed so much after he got the new job. He made a lot of mistakes with our relationship and now, he's trying to make it like it was before. He also knows that I can make it without him...having done it twice before. "Tippy the cat always lands on her feet!", as Ruth pointed out to me.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my first marriage. Geez...39 years ago. That poor @ss never did figure out what he did wrong.

My motto "Next?!"

Have a good weekend and take care!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:58 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Tippy your a riot !!

NEXT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

Love Yah Sis,

Leens
Old 04-19-2002, 11:09 AM   #11  

Wow! (Not potato chip wow either.) Men!!!

I have to say that I think I am married to mister wonderful. He is exactly what I wanted in life and is a wonderful husband, a great provider and a fabulous father. He is moral, kind, and a TRUE type A personality. Of course, I get so aggitated over talking about the same crap continually (usually what he/we are going to do when he's done with this job). BUT -- I used to be married to Mister First Class Jerk. Immature, selfish, a 'momma's boy', arrogant, and the worst of all: he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public. I truly believe he divorced me because I'd gained 80 pounds while we were married. At first I was devestated (and young), but after all that stress was out of my life I got up, dusted myself off and went on to find the man of my dreams. Funny. The criteria was that he be at least 6'4" (I'm 6ft), tall, dark, handsome and TREAT ME LIKE A QUEEN. At least I've got the treated like a queen part, which is most important!

Scooby -- wish I could camping with you! I LOVE to camp! I must say it is the part of the summer I enjoy most!

Jif - Have fun at your new super groovy job!

L - At least sore = results. Sometimes I wonder why we do this to ourselves!

Ruth - Syrup! Oh my, I wish I was there! I would kill for pancakes a REAL syrup.

Pooky - 'take his penis and hit the road' - ROFLMAO

jdoneil - I tried those chips once and thought "this might be so bad", until I ended up in the bathroom for hours in horrible pain. Never, ever, ever again. But, my goodness - 300 pounds! What an accomplishment for her, huh?

Leens - enjoy your last day without the boss! When the cats away the mice will play!

Liz - good luck with ww today and enjoy your coming spring!

Tippy - telling about a job change for dh helps alleviate the worries I have about retirement for my dh -- I hope the next job helps him to relax a little.

That's it -- I've writen a freakin book here! The sun is out and I'm going to go in the yard, figure out how the lawn mower works (please don't laugh) and mow the grass! Wooohooo! Sun is here! Sun is here!

Have a great day chicks!
Old 04-19-2002, 11:30 AM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well Ladies,
I am done with the work out. Jennifer had me inspired by her 1 hour and 45 min workouts yesterday. I took in some of the today show and Regis and Kelly. I never get to see morning TV so it was easy to elipt and watch TV. I haven’t showered yet but that is fine.

I would like to know if I could ask you all a VERY personal question. I value your opinions and I know you have some very good thoughts.

First a little history. I have a rare skin condition called Hidradentitis. It is caused by clogged sweat glands and acerbated by ingrown hairs. It created boils that track and make new ones. There is no none cure. For those that have it is mostly shows up on the breast, under the arms in the panty line and on the waist. Mine as been strictly in the panty line. I had a major skin removal in October. The surgery was basically a thigh tuck; removing most of the infected skin. My surgery last Monday was a smaller skin removal.

OK, here is my question. On the outside it seems like a great idea. My surgeon thinks that PERMENENT hair removal in the pubic area, (removal of ALL the hair) MAY cut down on the reoccurrence of infection. I am not a huge fan of shaving. The down side is I am also not sure the little girl look is for me for the rest of my life.

I really need some thoughts on this, and please don’t think I am crazy.

-L
Old 04-19-2002, 01:41 PM   #13  

Afternoon all...
I'm hopeless about getting on here in the morning, but one good thing about being late is getting to hear about everyone else's days before I start!!
Ok, after my little bit of man-bashing yesterday, I feel I in all fairness say this...yes, I had my share of the BIGGEST loser you could ever, ever want to meet. I even have an 11 year old DD from the **** reletionship( haven't heard from him in about 9 years now) But.....When my DD was 6 months old, I met the most amazing man. I don't have ONE single complaint about him, honostly not one!!! We will have been married 8 years in May! So, the good ones are out there! I know from experience!
Question for you all......I need advice. The people I know are very opnionated and bias to what I need. So I'm turning to all of you. The problem is to get you to understand what I need, you need alot of background, about 33 years worth! I don't know if you want it all posted on the daily or what? I can probably condense it quite abit, but it would still be long. What is ok to do? I really would like opinions from people outside of the situation....let me know, nothing urgent!!!
Have dinner at the BIG cheese bosses house with DH tonight!! Hate that, hate that, hate that!!! Playing corporate wife is just not my thing!! When I was 130 lbs, I actually didn't mind, but at 215, I think everyone is staring and thinking, "Oh, thats why he's so big, she is too.." Anyway, bought a cute new outfit at Lane Bryant today and even had my nails done!!! First time I've had nails in about 5 years!!! Maybe that'll boost my confidence a smidge!!
Great weekend to you all if I don't make it by..
Stacey
Old 04-19-2002, 01:48 PM   #14  

L--call me brazen, but here goes----I shave down there and have been doing it for over 15 years. Why you ask? First off cleanliness--easier to clean and also feels fresher for some reason. Second, sex. Not getting into details--you figure it out!
There are some right ways and wrong ways to shave--never go against the grain of the hair (you get ingrown hairs). For the first little while (about 6 months or so) you should only shave about once every 4 to 5 days. Your skin needs to toughen up to the shaving and after about 6 months or so it gets to be not too bad. Also, immediately after shaving you must liberally apply cream to soothe the skin and the stimulated hair follicles. I use a Vitamin E enriched cream or in a pinch, I use just hand cream. DO NOT USE BABY OIL!!!! It clogs the pores which are larger down there and can cause irritation! Any cream that can be absorbed into the skin is great. To minimize irritation, you should also use a cold cloth after shaving for the first little while (like 2 weeks or so) before applying the cream to shrink the pores. Now--about the razors and cream. Use men's shaving cream for sensitive skin--after all it is a sensitive area! Avoid creams that have menthol in it since that will burn your sensitive parts. Use a men's disposable razor, not a women's. The men's razors are better since they are twin or even triple bladed.

And don't be embarrassed about it, it may seem funny to you at first but you get so used to it and prefer it after some time. And I won't mention what it can do for your sex life !
Old 04-19-2002, 02:21 PM   #15  

L, - Uh, ditto to what Pooky said. Same thing here. Cleanliness, sex, the whole shebang.

Last edited by jenniwookie; 04-19-2002 at 02:23 PM.