Old 04-17-2002, 11:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Some body parts get LARGER with weight LOSS???????

This is sort of but I have a question. I have weighed 267 and down from that in 5 pound increments. I started out at 20 wearing a D cup. Now I'm 28 and have LOST weight but I'm in a DD cup. Today I bought a new bra and it is too SMALL!! What's going on?

I thought with weight loss the "girls" were the first to go! Why are mine GROWING?????
Old 04-17-2002, 11:43 PM   #2  
Livin' La Vida Loca

My mom told me they grow if you let boys play with 'em...
Old 04-18-2002, 06:34 AM   #3  

Default .......and remember....girls just want to have FUN!

Which reminds me....of that Great Cindi Lauper tune (at least I THINK it was cindi lauper!)

Vacation....all I ever wanted..Vacation got to get away!!!!

Actually Sherrie, all bras are not made alike! Is the new one a different brand and style from the older ones? That could account for the cup change. I have a particular fondness for ones designed by bridge engineers...but hey! that's just me!

Also, was your daughter born during that 8 year time span? (span..bridges...bras...engineers...it is all connected!) Seems as tho birthin' and nursin babes does result in some changes!

I feel your pain!

peach
Old 04-18-2002, 07:49 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

of course, you could simply not buy bras...

but seriously, peachie's right. changin from a stretchy to a more <ahem> constructed bra, you're almost guaranteed to change cup sizes!!

frankly, i'm dreading bra shopping and i'm putting it off as long as possible. although, with all the clothes i have, there MUST be something in there that will fit awhile longer...

good luck..
Old 04-18-2002, 08:35 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sherrie, PLEASE don't tell me that. Losing weight and growing....OMG...I've never heard of that but you do realize that the older we get our body parts tend to shift around. I've always had a pancake butt no matter how fat I get, well in the past few years since I've gained more weight OH MOTHER! You can saddle my @ss and ride it off to the sunset

Peachie, that song was from the Go Go's...Cindy Lauper was Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Now ask me any of the songs from the 90's or 01, or 02 - forget it.....I'm an old crow - don't know any of them.

Sooner, I almost pee'd in my pants reading your post....thanks that was a good one

Jiffy, your right don't buy bra's at all. Unfortunetly, I need a bra, My "girls" hang so low they watch me walk...If I let them stretch any longer I'll trip over them. You know I bought bra's a few months ago and I was a 36C......now I'm a hefty 40D... are my dogs barking or what?

Happy Thursday everyone !
Love Leens
Old 04-18-2002, 08:42 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Is This A Boob Contest?

WEll, I'm a 42 DD - and I did NOT let the boys play with them. When I was 227 pounds, I was a 42 DD and now I still am at 207. 'Tain't fair!
Old 04-18-2002, 09:55 AM   #7  

Default Boobs??? Where?

I'm 59, been through puberty and menopause and still don't have any boobs!
Old 04-18-2002, 05:18 PM   #8  

Talking ROFLMFAO!

This ain't funny, ya'll!

The boys don't wanna play with them because they can't find them that close to the floor! They are starting to watch me walk, too!!

If they get any larger I will not be able to buy bras without having them specially made! This ain't fair!!!!!

The bra that I love is made by Olga, so it's a pretty good one, I've been wearing the same style for 2 years now. It's the same EXACT one and it just doesn't fit. Maybe they are changing the cup sizes to improve self-esteem?????

By the way, Leens, I am still peeing in my pants over the saddle! I have a pancake too, and it's still flat no matter how fat I get!
Old 04-18-2002, 07:18 PM   #9  
A new Mom

Well, when I lost 55# a few years back I went from a C to a DD and kept that when I gained the weight back... just going up sizes... with my pregnancy I'm now an H or an I... or something I'd never even heard of before... I'm telling you if they don't get smaller this time I'm getting them cut off... of course with all the pumping I'm doing here I'm going to end up looking like a page out of national geographic anyhow...

Lara
Old 04-18-2002, 07:43 PM   #10  

Default Awwwww, Lara!

I know the feeling! When I was nursing dd I wore (no laughing allowed) a triple F. Now, that doesn't sound big compared to an H or an I, but my sister put my one side of my bra on her head and it fell down to her ears They do go down after you dry up, but I can't say anything for the perkiness, as I never had that to begin with.

What can I say, chicks, we are a well endowed group.

Ruth, you need to post that Chicks with Big Knockers pic again, it definitely applies
Old 04-18-2002, 07:57 PM   #11  
Slimwithin

I just had to post to this thread. I'm in the same boat as Tippy. Never had nuthin' up top and losing weight has never helped in that department. Fried eggs is what I've got and somebody has punctured the yolk. Ever try to find a bra in a 44B? It's darn near impossible. Good thing I rarely wear the torture chambers.
LindaBC
Old 04-18-2002, 10:36 PM   #12  

Default LOL!

You gals are cracking me up!!!! Sooner, your momma told you that???

So nice to see you Linda! Stop by once in a while at tell us how you are doing - we miss you!!!

Kel
Old 04-19-2002, 08:44 AM   #13  

Is this a boob weigh in? I'm also dd 42 (same as you Ruthie) and I'm telling you, the backaches I have are just incredible. I wish I could say that all of mine were due to weight gain because then I know it would come off, but alas, genetics is my enemy. Great grandma had huge knockers, (grandma is a marry in) so did my mom (she had reduction) and now I do. I'm just waiting to have my last baby and then off to the surgeon I go. Nothing like getting a gravity reversal and reduction all in one go!

Lara hon, when my dd finished nursing all I can say is that the arrows pointed south and they still do. Nothing's gonna change that except some surgery.

Tip and Linda (hi Linda ) I wish I had nothing becasue my whole life I haven't been able to fit properly in a shirt no matter what I weighed. And I would give anything not to have these backaches.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:01 AM   #14  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Kel -- My momma? She's one of a kind!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:12 AM   #15  

I was so good to have a laugh. I read the thread about men and then came here.

I have had breast reduction, but it was recommended by my cardiologist. The weight of my breasts were pulling on the muscles of my heart...go figure.

I was so huge that my breasts entered the room before I did. When I was younger, men had a difficult time looking me in the eye...I had these HUGE breasts bursting out over my bra...I couldn't find bras big enough to fit me.

I was 33 (I'm 49 now) when I had the reduction. My breasts had grown even more after I had the kids....never could figure that out!!! One side was MUCH larger than the other, probably because I have an extra nipple under it (thank goodness the boob didn't grow underneath...can you imagine?)

I'm now a C-D cup depending on the bra. I had a cancer scare...a huge (thankfully benign) tumor had grown in the big one. At first I just thought that it was growning again, but had a mammogram done that appeared positive for cancer. I had the tumor removed, but now my big one is much smaller. I can't win! (and please know that I'm laughing as I write this.)

I will have a tummy tuck when I lose the rest of my weight (about another 30 pounds). At that time, I'm going to see if I can have my breasts evened out. When I wear a bra, the side on which I had the tumor removed smushes down...looks like I didn't put enough stuffing in it!

BTW...my sister has gumdrops for breasts...she was banging on the operating room door hollering, "Give them to me!!!"

Take care all. I am so proud for all of you!

Lee