Old 04-05-2002, 06:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily Friday April 5

Starting us up and then running my bath.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

TGIF!

I see Scooby2 online. She had better get her chickie butt in here and spill the beans on the job situation!

Gorgeous morning today - of course, gorgeous to me means no snow. I did a little bit of a yard pickup while out with the doggage - can anyone tell me how an empty American beer can ends up in the middle of my meadow? I also found 7 golf balls which came over the fence from a neighbour kid. He knows that they are MINE if they are in my meadow! (I do give them back to him eventually with a lecture about the danger of golf balls to dogs and people.)

Boy - that fat acceptance thread is really giving me stuff to ponder. It also gave me the nerve to make an appointment for a pedicure this Saturday at 11. Toenails grow when you can't cut them with one hand - I could go to the old fart foot clinic for a trim but have decided I want the works - massage, wax treatment, pink polish! Nobody touches my feet except me and my Mother so this will be quite an experience! I guess accepting my feet is a start?

This morning I go for a X-ray and then to the bone doc for the final verdict. I have been going without my sling for an hour or so at a time and the arm feels OK. The soreness is muscle, I think. I find the sling gives me shoulder and neck pain on the opposite side. I know, I know! However, I consider this getting a jump start on physio. I can now put on my bra the regular way and also touch my ear with the right hand. Progress!

Will check in later to see if everyone is staying out of trouble.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:16 AM   #3  

a quick hello here, then into my shower!

remember the thread once where we all admitted how we look while on the computer? Nightgowns and bunny slippers and husband's t-shirts and bedhead and no make up? Coffee or water bottle in one hand. It was funny

Nice friday today, sunny but cool. Going out with "the girls" tonight, so it's my "free meal" for the week, probably a glass of wine and a shared piece of chocolate cake. I've been pretty good this week, even did weights on 2 days! Can you believe it? Can't get myself to do any cardio though, but am going to get out the mini trampoline tomorrow. I want at least a pound or two off for the mother's day recommitment.

Have a good one- drink your water!
dottie

(taking off her bunny slippers and heading for the shower!)
Old 04-05-2002, 08:04 AM   #4  

SCOOBY Scooby Doo, Where ary You? You got some stuff to tell us!

So fess up on the job stuff!

We are still getting snow here it is supposed to warm up this weekend. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

We start baseball practice for Don on Saturday and Darren starts outdoor soccer practice on Sunday.

Ruth, glad the wing is feeling better.

Hi Dottie.

Trying to stay op!

Last edited by DonDar; 04-05-2002 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:04 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

ruth... pedicures are HEAVENLY!!! you'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner. the people who do them are pros, and they've seen everything, so just relax and enjoy...

and my goodness. you're all such CLEAN ladies this morning!!!

enjoy the chocolate cake, dottie. you've earned it, you weight lifter, you.

i've been up since 6 am. and i've done 45 minutes with raul, and applied for two jobs on line. is it naptime yet????

today is mom's last day to pack before she goes to visit my brother. at least her suitcase is out!!! and her laundry is clean. well, at least most of it.

let me see.. do i have any more tidbits of info?? don't think so. just looking forward to a peaceful week next week.

more later, perhaps..
Old 04-05-2002, 10:54 AM   #6  

Good day all! Well I was going to go back to WW and rejoin today to get the last 40-50 lbs off...but my 4 year old was up half the night c/o earache,stomach ache,sore throat and had a temp...now I have to try and get her seen by her doctor before I go to work at 3 pm......so it will be another hectic day!

Stared my album from Mexico at my CM workshop last night and it looks not too bad....

Have a great day all and an even better weekend!

Liz

I've decided I need the threat of the scale every week to keep me on track...so back to WW I will go

Did anyone hear that diet loss will be covered by insurance programs starting in the states?
Old 04-05-2002, 10:59 AM   #7  

DH is home today with a cold. God help me! The good thing is that I got up at 6:00, fed the pesty cats and took my meds. After a liitle while, they get me very sleepy so I went back to sleep. I did hear DH get up and boot his laptop to do some work and he phoned his boss's voice mail, but I still slept until 9:00!! That's unheard of for me!
Tday I have the usual chores around the house,plus I have returned to scraping woodwork. I'm also cleaning the kitchen cupboards...a thankless job. I see I hve some bananas to dehydrate. Another tedious job.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:43 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Default I Now Have Two Arms!

The sling is history and the arm bone has healed perfectly. The residual pain is from the torn muscles. I'll need to have physio to avoid "frozen shoulder" but I'm gonna be gardening this Spring, Chickies! Break out the Champagne!

Thanks for all the good wishes and the little bits of nagging.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:48 PM   #9  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Good news, Ruth! Glad to hear it!

Just got back from a shacking up (Peachie's words -- NOT mine! My mood is all HER fault! ) with dh. Kind of a wham bam --there and back (to the motel) in less than 24 hours -- but -- better than not going at all! We're travelling so much these days that I don't know if I'm coming or going...

Well, yes, I guess I do know that...

Anyway, just wanted to quick check in and say hi --

More great stuff on the fat acceptance thread. Thank you, thank you to everyone posting. I'm this close to printing it all off -- but I think I'll wait a day or two -- I don't want to miss any good stuff!

Gotta run -- have a great one, everybody!

Love,
Cherie

PS Oh, Peach!! -- Tom says to say Thanks!

PPS Can anybody tell me why I'm always starving at 4 in the afternoon?!

Last edited by Sooner or Later; 04-05-2002 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:36 PM   #10  

Red face

Tell Tom, I am happy to oblige! You didn't have to make the bed did ya? Now THAT is my idea of romantic!

You are hungry at 4pm because it is SNACK TIME!

(I love SNACK TIME!)

peach

trying to get a quiet minute or TWO to post grrrrrrrr
Old 04-05-2002, 06:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs down Friday, Friday, FRIDAY!!!!! AT LAST!!!!!!!!!

Am planning a definite trip to the grocery store tonight, gotta stock up on L/C goodies! Have to stick to program, have to stick to program, that is my mantra. Otherwise the scale never will move, except maybe in the upwards directions!

Ruth, congrats on the healed wing! You are a trooper for putting up with it so long, but look! Now it's all healed up and you don't have to wear the dumb sling anymore!! Yay!!

Liz, I read that the government is allowing weight loss programs as a write-off on your taxes, but nothing about insurance companies yet. One can hope, huh?? Good luck on WW!

Peach, just exactly when is it snack time? Only at 4? Or all day long? Cause that's my favorite time to eat!! I'm allowing myself to eat a snack every few hours to keep from pigging out at meals! I find the snacks fill me up and then, in return, dinner is smaller. After all, if I get full on a snack, why not have snacks all day long and no meals? Well, scratch that. It's a good thought, anyway!!

Jiff, I hate to be happy because your mom is going away for a while, but I would be celebrating!! My mom is terminally ill and the trips to my brother's and sister's do not happen anymore. The pedicure sounds fabulous, why don't you have one? Be decadent!

Sooner, you don't need any encouragement to be decadent, do you? A shack up sounds like a plan right about now, though!! Hope you had fun!!

Tippy, take some time for you today, ok? Sick hubbies are a royal pain, huh? They always act like nobody could possibly have ever felt as bad as they do! They should try childbirth.

Dondar, we are in the same boat OP wise. I'll cross my fingers for us both.

Psssst, Dottie, sneak me a piece of cake, will ya? I'm laughing picturing us all in our slippers and bedhead (I always look windblown from driving home in traffic!!) I almost bought a mini trampoline at Goodwill the other day. $5, but I was scared I'd fall through my floor!!

Have a wonderful evening, ladies!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:08 PM   #12  

BIG HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF....the week is over and it's Friday night!

I am not working nest week so I don't know when I will be called back in again. Makes no never mind to me since I have to make way for lots of other new supply staff and the hours haven't been equally shared--know what I mean??

Now I finally have a chance to catch up!!

Ruthie, I am so glad to hear your arm is much better--looks like this weekend there will be seeds calling your name--come plant me, come plant me! And I can only wish for a pedi--my feet are so sensitive that it actually feels like pins sticking into my foot when anyone other than me touch them.

Dottie, after the week I had a date with the "girls" sounds like a slice of heaven to me--enjoy your cake!

Hiya Jenny, that's always the way with boys isn't it? one season ends for one sport and another starts--just think, I will have ballet, figure skating, swimming lessons and possibly soccer (if my dh has anything to say about it!) to juggle!

Jiff, I haven't been the best chick around to say my congrats, but I DO notice that you are one amazing human being and I am so glad that I can call you my friend. You are the bravest person (you too Debkay!) for going through a surgery and struggling with so much on your plate so to speak. I only wish I had that same drive and determination myself to accomplish the same goals. You inspire me everyday--look what you've done in just a short amount of time and here I am spinning my wheels, still trying to lose 5 measly pounds. Congrats to you on everything you've done so far!

Liz, after working in a daycare solidly for the past two weeks, I can truly appreciate the gamut of childhood illnessses. We currently have 2 cases of chicken pox, one of bronchitis, 3 viral infections and various colds. And all that is in one room. I think I will never see my dd's illnesses the same way again, know what I mean?

Tippy, I would love to come and see your house someday just becasue I'm really interestedin seeing all the wood you've been stripping! I can only imagine the years of build up and gee, doesn't redecorating take forever? I'm still working on the lower cabinets in the kitchen!

Sooner! Dh asked me just 2 days ago if I would like to take a "honeymoon" in Niagara Falls over a weekend! However we just had the car repaired today and that set us back about $1000 so I'd be happy with a cheap motel on the highway at this point!

Peach, I'm just happy with this half an hour all week to post!

Good--yeah, I need to do a major shop tomorrow but unfortunately I have to take dh. He always buys the weirdest stuff and he always gives me grief over every purchase--sheesh he should just stay home, right?

Hope you all had a great day!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:41 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

what a good day it's been, despite the mom packing trauma!! and part of the reason it's been a good day has been you ladies!!

ruth got her freedom!!! yippee yahoo!!! McMom has a birthday. SOME of us have gotten SOME... <a small blush here> others have plans for it <giggle>

and others have great weekend plans. and all topped off by wonderful words of wit and wisdom...

and someone from a company called and said she was very impressed with my resume, and that i would be a good fit for their company. and she didn't blanch at my salary request!!!! so MAYBE something good will happen next week.

now, goodforme... so sorry to hear about your mom's condition. it's a hard hard thing to face. our mom isn't in the best shape, either, and this will probably be the last trip she can manage. and frankly, i doubt that it will go smoothly, but there's nothing i can do. she insisted on going out to dinner tonight, and we had a lovely dinner, but she's not much on the hanging around the dinner table afterwards. the waiter liked us, so he didn't rush us, and mom started to panic, and actually got loud and called several other waiters over [one after the other] to go find our waiter. and i wasn't fast enough to stop her. i have no idea what will happen when she's away and gets it into her head that it's time to go!!!!

and pookie, thank you so much for those absolutely kind words. but, to make a bad pun, there's actually very little on my plate these days!!!!! but i dont' consider myself brave. just desperate. there's nothing like standing up and falling down. literally. because there's not enough oxygen going through your body. and taking two hours to get down a flight of steps and into an ambulance, despite the best efforts of 8 people, who finally end up carrying you. that's all wayyyy too scary.

i am lucky. and stubborn. and i'm sure that debkay will have many comments as well, once she's back on the board. the surgery was actually the easy part, at least for me. getting to the surgery was a nightmare.

but, the results have far exceeded anyone's expectations, even the surgeon's. most people lose about a pound a day. i lost 2.5 pounds a day for more than a month. i'm very lucky.

losing 5 pounds is no easy feat. my fervent prayer and hope for each and every one of you are that you can avoid the surgery.

and something wonderful happened while mom and i were at dinner. the restaurant was a place that we've all been going to since peachie and i were young. one of the waiters came over and said 'what happened to you? you look wonderful!!! i had to keep walking past to make sure it was you!!"

and i told him, and he was very impressed. and even noticed i wasn't using my cane anymore. it felt so good. peachie keeps telling me that i haven't gained 80 pounds, and believe me, some days i feel as if i have. but to have this sweet young studly waiter notice felt fabulous!!!!
Old 04-06-2002, 02:18 AM   #14  

Default I feel so blessed.....

......to have found this wonderful, safe, loving haven in cyber space, what is it, over twoyears? ago now full of such smart, sweet, funny, welcoming, accepting people.

I am so truely honored to have been allowed to glimpse into your lives, minds, hearts and souls.

I love you all - but Jiff (I've said it before and will say it again) you are my hero. I've talked about you so much around here, that my kids actually ask how you are doing when they see me on my computer.

Kel