Old 03-05-2002, 06:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday, March 5

Brrrrrrrrrrr! I need Spring! But a sunny day is coming up.

Getting coffee and feeding the doggage and will be back. just had to beat Scooby2 this morning in getting us started.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:38 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Ruthie you are tooo funny. Actually I was at the gym at 6:00 am I was just to lazy to turn on the computer!!!

Have to take both of my sick kids to the DR this morning, then register my DD for preschool. Then I get to go to my lovely job. Good news tho, I have an interview next week with another company, keep your fingers crossed for me and say a little prayer!

And now for the good news!!! I have not been posting on the challenges as I seem to set myself up for failure every time! But since January 15th I have lost 10.4 lbs!!!!! So I can lose weight. I was beginning to wonder.......I have the exercise and water conquered, now I need to get the food back under control. I have not been too terrible just not paying enough attention. Back to journaling starting today!!!!

Have a nice day ladies.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:44 AM   #3  

Morning Ladies,

I look at all our snow and it is so beautiful. It it white and fluffy and the kind that sticks to the trees, lovely. But, as pretty as it is I need some spring weather. On Sunday, I met with some other ladies for our school garden club. It was great fun sitting in the school, watching the snow squalls outside and planning butterfly gardens inside. We have a great mission, to beautify our school with donated plants and to involve the children in the plantings. Fortunately the butterfly garden is being planned on the end of the building that faces our home.

We had a great time at the Blue and Gold banquest last night. I always get so proud of dh when we have these events. Scouting at our school was dwindling when Don entered it. There were 12 boys and no leadership. Dh and two others stepped in and now have a group of 40 scouts. They did a great job.

Welcome to all our new folks, post often so we can get to know you.

Have a great op day.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Congratulations, Scooby2! I am very impressed. I am the opposite - need to get the exercise and water going! I will hope, pray, do witchcraft, crystals and dowsing that your interview next week is good. Anybody who is at the gym at 6 a.m. deserves a better job!

Dondar, your pride in your boys just shines through in your posts! I love it! Everyone seems to have really neat kids. I love hearing about them - kind of miss being a SAHM - for just a tiny minute once in a while.

Took "the girls" to the vet for anti-rabies yesterday. Hershey is still 53 pounds! The vet says no to diet dog food until she gets all her fur back in shape - her tail is just a scraggy disgrace! I need a knit tassel for her. After Lucy's shampoo, blow dry and manicure/pedicure this morning, I am taking her to the Seniors' weekly card game - not to play, just to show these folks what a baby Hershey looks like. The Seniors play cards at my Fair Office so know Hershey - she is the official muffin-crumb vacuum.

My pal Pixie and I are meeting this afternoon to walk our dogs together. It's time! We have been talking and crabbing about this weight issue for too long. As Pixie says "Let's just do it!" I passed Pixie this website and she just may show up here one of these days. That'll keep me honest! She lives in the next town and works but we are going to try to do the dog walks twice a week if possible - either in Delta or in her town (Athens).

Am off to take an Avon Vanilla Cream Bubble bath before taking Miss Lucy to get her tubby. See you later.

P.S. Read this on another Board
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:37 AM   #5  

Morning Ruth, Morning Scooby! Morning Jenny! Morning to all to come!

dh is off to talk to the school people to find out what is going on with the big kid today. He is home with me today. Dh is dressed in a suit and tie so I guess he means business but sometimes, well quite often I wish that he would let me handle things at school...he can be such a bull dog.

Have some errands to run and need to make an appointment to get my hair cut and I should pick up a bottle of dark ash brown so that I can dip my head at a moments notice. Yep! I am going darker!

I will hop on the treadmill again today, hoping for no personal injuries and try to talk the big kid into watching Cinderella with me...not much luck on that front, I'm afraid.....any one have a girl I can borrow for a couple of hours? I promise I'll give her back unless she is just completely too cute and adorable.

peach
Old 03-05-2002, 08:55 AM   #6  

Peach, are you talking about Miree? You can borrow her but I MUST have her back--she's totally Daddy's girl!

Rachel, great to hear about your loss--that's wonderful!!! Now why not try the challenge? You know you can do it and after all the challenge isn't to beat US, it's to help yourself stay OP! The side effect is that you get to lose weight!

Ruth--isn't there a kind of dogfood that has coat formula in it? I swear I remember somthing like that on the market, but then again, I might be dreaming.

Jenny, the butterfly garden sounds so nice! Just makes me think of spring....

Just got in from dropping Miree off--we got 25cm of snow last night and the branches are heavy with the stuff. Last year it was so bad we had several branches break off making a HUGEmess. I swear I spent close to 20 hours last spring cleaning up and then the burn afterwards.

Going to finish the white coats on the cabinets today and maybe tape up to get ready to do the yellow. I am so ready to have the doors back on my cabinets, my kitchen looks so messy without them!

Have a good one everyone and remember to drink your water!
Old 03-05-2002, 09:06 AM   #7  

hey there all. New here, but I'm just going to jump right in. I've noticed there's some dog talk. My dog is definitely one of the reasons I exercise every morning. Hey, if you had a 90 pound, 1- month old female full of energy, you wouldn't sleep much either. Totally off the weight loss issue, i use an oatmeal shampoo for her coat and it works VERY well. Quick question, how many of you lift weights? I don't mean all the grunting and mirror peaking, but just some sort of lifting? Ever since i started that, I've seen results. I have to say, I've GAINED weight, but I can SEE a difference. Mom too. mom is slim, but works as hard as I do at it. 4 miles walking a day, swimming 50 laps with me then working out. After 30 years of exercise, we (her 3 kids) got her a membership to the gym for her birthday 3 years ago...she's never looked better. Something to consider....take it easy ladies.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:04 PM   #8  

Good Morning everyone.

We had a really nice time up in the mountains this weekend. It was one of the few job perks my husband has ever gotten, but it was an amazing one. We stayed in a huge condo with about 15 other people. There were kids running around everywhere and I still have no clue who belonged to who. There was food everywhere - filets, chicken, tons of wine, and about anything else you can think of. The company paid for everyone's lift tickets, and lessons and rentals for my daughter. It was so generous of them. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't ski. The lodge thing definitely isn't as fun as being on the slopes, but still it was nice.

My DH's dad is back in the hospital, so send good thoughts our way please. I have to go to a funeral for my oldest friend's father today. He had bypass surgery the same day as my FIL and obviously didn't do too well. So, it's a little stressful around here right now. I'm just trying to be supportive of my DH and not get mad when his stress takes the form of crabbiness with me. Breathe in, breathe out. Breath in, breathe out.

Rachel Way to go on the poundage! Your message was inspiring to me. If you can do it, I can get back on track too, right? I hope your interview goes well. Your current job sounds just awful!

Jenny I'm proud of your husband too. My friend and I rescued a pack about eight years ago and it was so satisfying. The boys really love it. Even though my son is not too active in scouts anymore, I am hoping he will get his Eagle this summer. He's come so far and I would hate to see him quit.

Peacherino Darker? Darker? How's about going red so you can be triplets with Sooner and me? But then, you liked Mickey the best, so that shows what you know!
I wish my DH would do the school battle thing. I'm jealous! Somehow, that is always my territory, never to be shared unless I go on a real nag patrol. And, even though my sweet daughter is 12 now, you can borrow her for a movie. She's still snuggly and wonderful. And, big bonus, she is turning into a great cook. You gotta promise to return her!

Nice to meet you Maggie. Hi Ruth, Pooky and all you lurkers. Okay, gotta end this novel.
Have a good one!
Chickadee
Old 03-05-2002, 04:55 PM   #9  

Hi everyone! In the middle of a nine day stretch so not much time for the comp...trying to stay on program..and worried as my scrubs are starting to feel tight...wondering if I will ever get that momentum back....hang in there everyone...bye for now...Liz
Old 03-05-2002, 06:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hello everyone!!

Peach, you can have my 4 year old, and her own personal worn out copy of Cinderella. She makes me watch that at least 2 times a week now. I can sing all the songs! You don't haaaaaave to send her back, but you're going to want to!

Congrats everyone on your losses, you GO girls!!

Busy day down at the cemetery today, boy am I tired! And it's cold and my bursitis is acting up. I feel so decrepit. I'm too young to be breaking down, though!! Also have a new cavity, so off to the dentist's soon. Ugh...

Everyone have a wonderful evening, I'll talk to you later!!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:09 PM   #11  

Late post today. Spent 5 hours in the car to get tags because my registration expired last week. Why can't the renewal notice ever find its way to my house????

Good news is this: down 4 pounds since tom is gone. Starting to wonder if I'm not eating enough carbs??? Maybe you have to have some other than the low carb stuff we generally eat??? I don't know.....just happy there is some movement on the otherwise stubborn scale!

Take it easy ladies. I've got a horrible headache and am in desperate need of a nap.

Old 03-05-2002, 11:17 PM   #12  

Talking

Well I must admit I have my doubts that anyone will ever read this .. it's so late .. the day has come and gone and I am just getting online now!! Where does the time go???

I had one kid home from school sick today .. and at least it was a legitimate illness I am anticipating a run on sick days this week .. once one is sick .. they all THINK they are sick!!! My theory on that practice is if your not dead your going to school Fevers and vomit count on the near death experience too ... but other wise its business as usual. I also have a treat for those who do their school work and attend classes .. MENTAL HEALTH DAYS!!!! On these rare occassions we will go for lunch, maybe take in an afternoon movie or some special actiivity. It makes them really think about pulling a sick day routine

Anywho .. guess I should run ..
Laura
Old 03-06-2002, 06:35 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Well of course we read late posts. You never know - we might miss something really vital! Nice you have the time to post with your busy life.