Old 03-03-2002, 11:43 AM   #1  

Angry A typical day

What do you eat on a typical day? I have just started eating low carb. Seems like breakfast is the hardest meal for me. I have eggs and bacon a lot, but get tired of it. I also would like something I could grab going out the door for breakfast. So, what do you eat in a typical day?

Tammy
Old 03-03-2002, 02:24 PM   #2  
The Basket Case

Arrow

Tammy, go to the recipes section here. There are lots of easy, good tasting things you can try. In the misc. section there are protien bars to die for! You'll need some protien powder (soy or whey isolate). Sometimes you can find these in the health food section of the grocery store and you can always find it at health food stores like High Health.

Good luck and Have Fun!
Yvette
Old 03-04-2002, 05:19 PM   #3  

Tammy, a typical day for me while on Atkins looked like this:

B. 2eggs, sausage
L. big salad with chicken and some cheese, regular italian dressing
D. some kind of animal protein and a green veggie; broccoli, green beans etc.

coffee with real cream.
maybe a piece of cheese as a snack or for desert.
perhaps some sugar free jello or pudding or a fudgecycle for desert (not advised during induction).

peach
Old 03-04-2002, 08:05 PM   #4  

Hi Tammy,
Breakfast is hardest for me too. I don't really like eggs that much, and I'm sick of bacon. I've found that if I don't think of it as "breakfast", just think of it as Meal 1, I do a whole lot better. What that means is that I often have veggies and chicken or steak or something not traditionally breakfasty. I have also found that I don't always want breakfast. It used to be my favorite meal, but that's when I was eating things like cinnamon rolls and french toast. Ahhh, those were the days!
I hope that made some sense!
Chickadee
Old 03-04-2002, 08:25 PM   #5  

when I get tired of just eggs and sausages, I sometimes make frittattas with spinach or mushrooms, or western omelets, try different cheeses. Or quiches. You can freeze wedges and defrost. Ham?

Ricotta cheese mixed with splenda and vanilla extract and cinnamon.(and a little bran or psylium for fiber). ham and cheese roll ups. Leftover steak. cottage cheese(4 grams per 1/2 cup). Egg salad. Some nuts.

Protien shakes- whey protein powder like Designer Protein. with water and 1/2 and 1/2, or cream and water. Lots of ice, some splenda and extra fiber if I need it.

good luck!