Old 03-03-2002, 07:13 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Sunday March 3rd

Good morning ladies.

Happy Sunday to all. I must get motivated and get in the shower as I have church to go to. We had guests in last night it was fun but I am tired today.

Hope it is a nicer day here today, horribly rainy and windy last night....

Leens, I hope Gracie is better today!!!!
Old 03-03-2002, 08:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, ladies.

Welcome, Goomba! So glad you have decided to hang out with us. Lots of support, advice and fun stuff in the LC Coop.

Did not drop in on the Dance last night - I figured I just was not in the mood for Eddie and The Stingrays and 60's music after a fairly busy day. Anyhow it was freezing rain. The doggage came in all covered with diamonds - somehow they don't mind the weather. This morning we are back to rain and mud.

I did get the Xenical prescription filled and gave it a try - no horrible side effects at all. I figured if my dear Doc prescribed it and I did not at least try it, I could no longer whine at him about weight. He says that it eliminates 30% of your calories BUT I've been researching and it is 30% of FAT calories. Some difference. I am sure it will make very little difference because I already keep fat fairly low. I think he thinks my low carbing is bacon, fatty steaks and lashings of cream and butter. Hmmmmm - may try that!

Hershey and I are off to Church in a bit. We have a meeting afterwards to decide on colours for our paint job. This will be a two-year project, I imagine, but we need to be sure of the colours before we start. Lots of research has been done and analysis of the layers or original paint and we may end up with a sort of rose with cream trim - the Church is 1811 and that scheme is Georgian. I am NOT climbing any scaffolding to paint the ceiling!

I'd better join Scooby in the shower and get going.

Happy Sunday!
Old 03-03-2002, 08:26 AM   #3  

Good Morning everyone!

Scooby, hope you can catch a cat nap today!

Ruth, I like the colour of that paint--wouldn't it be lovely with minty green trim? Kind of like a gingerbread house!

Goomba, glad to see you join us on the daily! Keep on comiing in and getting to know us, we're a rowdy bunch, Chickadee and her poems get us goin all the time and of course there's Peach with her June Taylor dancers and her sister Jiff who is hiding Raoul in her closet!

Leens, hope Gracie is feeling better soon--nothing worse than having a sick baby in the house--I swear it's harder on the mommies than the kids!

Going to try and get to my kitchen cabinets and put more melamine paint on. It is so time consuming to work with becasue you have to let each coat completely dry or it looks terrible! March 31st is my deadline so I know I have a lot of time left.

Have a great Suday everyone!
Old 03-03-2002, 08:53 AM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies and nice to meet you Goomba,
Well I went to the physic reading party yesterday and had a good time. We each had 30 min with the man and it really seemed to go by fast. Possibly because he was talking about my favorite subject…ME! He said I pulled good cards. And that life looked good. All the crap of the last few years is on its way out and a job offer is coming for the fall. We will see.
I hung out at my friends all day. We ended up renting a movie and I got home at 10. I am having a hard time sleeping. I think my Colitis and Crohn’s are acting up. I wish I could say that it wasn’t but I have been fighting it for the last few weeks. I had such a belly ache last night I was weeping. I find for me that the changing of the seasons can be a factor and the stress lately about school admissions and bathrooms I think have pushed me over the edge. Anyway…..I will call the Dr. tomorrow… maybe and get a new script for meds. I hate to take pills and I hate side effects. Truly the bummer of chronic disease. I suppose I should be use to it. I have has this for almost 20 years and bee lucky to have big chunks of time in remission. But it always surprises me when I realize that it has hit me and I don’t feel well.
We have no big plans for today. Older boy is off to religious school and little boy is happily in his PJ’s in front of the TV

On a good note: I think the bathrooms will be done this week. I told the contractor…..no finish no money. Amazing how fast they work!
Leens I hope Gracie is feeling better today.

Be well ladies and have a good Sunday.
-L
Old 03-03-2002, 11:40 AM   #5  

Default Snow, snow everywhere!

We're literally snowed in until DH plows tomorrow! Our neighbor did plow out some of the driveway for us. I think we got about 10 inches with blowing and drifting. Our road was impassable until about 3:00AM when I heard the plow go through.Watch out Ruth! It looks like it is headed your way!
I'm going to continue to scrape old varnish and paint, while DH works on the bedroom closet. I really think that I'll be scraping the rest of my life!
See you all later now!
Old 03-03-2002, 03:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wink Hey guys!

Working on a headache today. And another free perm. I swear, once someone finds out you can do something, they just won't leave you alone!! Anyway, I'm thinking of renewing my license so I can charge all these people. My sister's waist length hair would have earned me at least $100, don't you think? Anyway, I will check back later when the fumes are gone. Have a fun day!!
Old 03-03-2002, 06:59 PM   #7  

Just dropping by to say:

I'm back and bigger than ever!

Wow! Am I glad to be back! I knew i wanted to treat myself, but this was ridiculous! I ate and ate- I kept trying to eat low fat and low cal- Special K and skim milk, fat free yogurts, fruit and salad and carrot sticks! You know, so you can have treats out in restaurants, and some wine, and ice cream and all?

It set me off big time- blood sugar all messed up, hungry all the time, and I gained 4 pounds! I really coudn't afford that- I was up from THANKSGIVING!

So, water, some nice salmon and asparagus and a salad! No bread and butter. No chocolate. No wine, no ice cream, no pasta. (even with low fat sauce, it is POISON!)

POISON! Do you hear me? I cannot eat carbs! I am powerless! I give up!

OK, better now. I know I'll feel better in a few days...

( the trip was nice though- I saw Mike Piazza catch in a spring training game! Nice butt! )

will get caught up on posts this week-hope you're all well-

dottie
Old 03-03-2002, 08:14 PM   #8  
Big Loser

Dottie.......I am sooo with you!!! It is scary!