Old 03-03-2002, 02:05 AM   #1  

Question allergic to eggs and don't eat read meat!!

I am new at this low carbing stuff. I have PCOS, so it is a must. My main problems are, I don't eat read meat and I am allergic to eggs. I don't know what to eat for breakfast or lunch.

I am mostly a night eater. I can go all day with out eating anything. How do I even get started??

Laura
Old 03-03-2002, 07:19 AM   #2  
Low Carb since 4/28/99

Chicken, Seafood, Almonds (a very low carb and good for you nut) Pork (the other white meat)

You have to think outside the box for breakfast. Sometimes I have Almonds (raw unsalted) and a Pepsi One (ok alot of times that's what I have ) Or you could have some baked chicken and some cheese...or some fish...or maybe a salad You have to stop thinking that breakfast = grain. That is the hardest thing to get used to when you first start to eat low carb. Once you start to think outside the (cereal) box you are on your way to skinny (ok well maybe not skinny but healthy )

HTH
ThatGirl

Edited to add Turkey! (can't believe I forgot that...had it just yesterday!)

Last edited by ThatGirl; 03-03-2002 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:31 PM   #3  

Utopia, we're the same age and about the same weight. Oddly enough, I don't eat red meat either. I've just bought the Carbo Addicts Diet book, so i hope that will help me. I've found some great stuff that i like. I'll look at the particulars when I get home and post tomorrow. Check out my spinach and chicken recipe I put on the Low Carb recipes today. More tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2002, 02:29 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

TOFU!!!! a good source of phytoestrogens as well...

weight it down on some paper towels for about a half hour to get rid of the excess water. marinate [or baste] with something tasty, and then saute some slices. or use it in stir fries. or soups. or puree some silken tofu [unpressed] in a protein shake...