Old 12-26-2001, 01:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/206/199(first goal)

Height: 5 '7"

Question Newbie needs help

hello, today is my first day on this site...I am hoping that it will help me in my journey to lose weight. I have been on the Atkins plan for the last 6 days and have lost 5 lbs. so far, staying under 20 carbs a day. What I am wondering about is the atkins Endulge bars. I have been having one almost everyday since I started since they are only 2 carbs per bar. But I am worried that having them will prevent me from losing as much as I should be. The info would be great, as well as any other helpful hints for this newbie.
Old 12-26-2001, 09:21 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Baby Blue,

Sorry I don't know enough about those bars to help BUT I'm sure there are people here on Atkins that do. I am following CAD (carb addicts diet). Well I'm trying to follow it anyway lololol. Well I'll be starting it again soon lolololol. Holidays are to rough for me lololol.

Incase you don't get your answer here, doesn't Atkins have a phone # you can call for advice and help or a website for questions ?

We are glad to have you join us.

Love Leens
Old 12-26-2001, 09:24 AM   #3  
Losing & Lovin' It !

Default I Start Tomorrow!

Hi,
It sounds like we are in almost the same place. I plan to get back on the Atkins plan tomorrow. I have had much success from it, but I also benefited from talking to people everyday on this site. Should we start a little motivational (kick in the butt) group?
The holidays have been bad for me. I have been eating a lot. How did you manage to stay on plan. Way To Go on the 5 lbs!!
I need to clean all the goodies out of here before I can start . Looking forward to getting to know you and working together in 2002!

Marilyn
Old 12-26-2001, 09:45 AM   #4  

Default Hi

I am relatively new here also. Nice to meet you. I am following the CAD ( carbo addict plan) and so far I feel better. Let me welcome you
Old 12-26-2001, 04:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248/206/199(first goal)

Height: 5 '7"

thank you for all the support. I am hoping that visiting this site will allow me to continueto follow my low carb plan and enable me to achieve my goal weight (70 lbs. to go). It seems like so far away it is kind of overwhelming. I have allways done the yo yo thing and this is my heaviest I have ever been, hence the more I need to lose this time around. sometimes when I think about it I become discouraged but I know that if I do not try to do something then my weight will only go higher. I am one of those people that do everything in the extreme (eat, diet, shop etc.). If anyone is wanting to buddy up that would be GREAT! I can use all the help that is offered. My 33 birthday is in three months and my goal is to feel better about about myself not only physically but mental to..because frankly my self esteem and self worth are shot at this point.
Old 12-27-2001, 06:47 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

start with a daily accountability thread. do your foods on a journal such as fit day or www.lifeform so you can see the actual food counts. i can help if there are problems. i have been a bit distracted lately but will be back most times a sdaily or closxe to it.
Old 12-29-2001, 02:34 PM   #7  
Senior Chicky

Angry HI & WELCOME !!!!!

I don't follow Atkins but have had great success with my program in the past and as many others---struggling to get back to letting my woe work for me instead of my working the plan through the holidays !!!!

I'm following CAD also. I find that for me and my lifestyle this is a very workable plan. But please remember, that no matter what LC plan we choose, the battle is the same.

We've been a bit lax during the holidays but normally there is a menu thread which seems to help us plan our meals as well with our accountability. Also, the dreaded E word ~~ exercise~~ which we all detest but know is necessary. It seems to help when we commit to some form! I hope that you will find these threads helpful as an online "journaling" tool.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

J
Old 12-29-2001, 02:39 PM   #8  
Big Loser

Default WebSite

This site seems to have a lot of info..............

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/

Welcome and enjoy!!!!!
Old 12-29-2001, 10:22 PM   #9  

Welcome to the forum! Please join us on the daiyl thread (the one with date on it!) so we can get to know you better! Glad to see you're having good success with Atkins, I'm a CALP girl myself. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-01-2002, 02:59 PM   #10  

Hi, I am aware of those bars and although they tell you only 2 carbs per bar, beware of hidden carbs. Most bars do cause stalls.

Be careful........Me, I don't even bother with them. If I have a sweet tooth, I go for jello and whipped cream, or strawberries and whipped cream...yum. Legal and no hidden carbs

Look forward to reading more from you