Old 12-26-2001, 07:11 AM   #1  

Talking DEC 26 daily - Post Holiday Shopping Madness!

Starting up... coffee is on and I have already done some post-holiday shopping damage!

Can you believe it, on the way to work this morning I noticed the Walgreens was open. I bought wrapping paper, Hallmark ornaments, Christmas gift bags and 80 holiday snack dishes. They were only 25 cents each. I buy these for gifts for the boys' classmates for the following year and for select co-workers and support people at our school. They are just small plastic holiday plates and wrapped with a few cookies and holiday treats will make a lovely cheep holiday gift. I am only working 2 hours so I will soon be leaving work to do some more shopping damage!

We had a great Christmas yesterday, just my boys and dh. We celebrated the holiday with my family on Christmas Eve. We opened gifts and dh did some assembly work on the toys. I made a large breakfast for lunch and we snacked for dinner. The boys played outside most of the day. Perfect snow for them. We have about 4-5 inches of snow, and the temperatures are not too cold. I think they went in and out of the house about a dozen times. Oh, but they are so precious, they can play so well together when they have too.

Plans for starting the lc lifestyle January 2, 2002.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

jenny

Last edited by DonDar; 12-26-2001 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-26-2001, 08:30 AM   #2  

I have a busy morning today so I'll post a bit now. DH is taking me to the doctor in a few minutes.
Christmas Eve was great! The children of our school (about 50) presented us with a nice Christmas program. The wee ones were so funny. They do fine until they discover that there is a packed congregation looking at them! They get that "deer caught in the headlights look"! Some of them never utter a note, while others do a gradual melt down. My GS did okay. He is the youngest and did pretty well considering. In the beginning, he tried to follow but eventually just stared at everyone. So funny!

DH is waiting for me to join him for breakfast, so I'll post more if I get back to the kayboard!
Old 12-26-2001, 08:59 AM   #3  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

Back to work today.

Sunny and cold here in Houston. High today in mid-50's & freezing at night. Good snuggle weather.

Have a great day!

Jennifer
Old 12-26-2001, 09:26 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Kids,

DonDar, I hear you on the Shopping........its great afterward for stocking up on wrapping paper and cards, I have a ton of paper from K-mart from last year lol.

Tippy haaaaaaaa on the kids......my great neice was an angel in the Christmas play at church BUT she wasn't shy......NO..... the brut kept hitting everyone with her star on a wand AND then she fell right on her face off the alter......every one CRACKED UP......she's okay but what a busy body and well she stopped after she fell........haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Today baby goes to the doctor with hubby for 4 more shots.........OY. And hubby is taking our doggie to the vet for her annual shots/checkup.

Other than that NOTHING DOING lololol........where's my coffee.

Have a great day !!
Love Leens
Old 12-26-2001, 09:42 AM   #5  

Default Good Morning to you

Christmas Eve we went to a living nativity, my dh, son and myself. Since my dh is 1/2 italian I prepared fish for that night.
Christmas day there was 4 of us for dinner so it was nice and relaxed.
I will be heading to the stores today, since I always pick up stuff for next year now.
Have a great day.
Old 12-26-2001, 12:35 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

A real quickie!

Had a great Christmas Dinner at Sister's yesterday.

Came home and THREW OUT half the chocolate truffle cake left from Sunday dinner!

Just brought home two of Hershey's pups. She is so glad to see them and it's mutual. DH is just shaking his head at the antics and hollering at me if there is a fight or a puddle. Gonne be fun but sure will be busy.

Will be back later.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:21 PM   #7  
Big Loser

Hi all!! Never thought Iwould say this but Iwas happy to come to work today!! Very quiet here and NOT quiet at home with all the noisy, light up toys...yikes. DS got a transformer robot that walks across the floor blinking talking and shooting.....DD is scared to death of it and runs screaming every time he turns it on...its a wonder I have any windows left.....

Sunny and COLD here today, I love it....Have a good day all.
Old 12-26-2001, 04:09 PM   #8  

Didn't hit the malls, but my grown children did - and said it was like a sea of bodies....my daughter is in "full swing" and just called to say "wanna go tomorrow". My husband is tottering around on a walker for the next 2 mos., so a little quick walk through a mall, dodging folks might not be such a bad idea for a change of venue - tomorrow tho.

I'm heading off across the fields of snow with Hanna, my little companion Corgi, to attempt to begin to burn off some of this blubber that Xmas has given me.

Be happy and let's on with the show!
Old 12-26-2001, 04:41 PM   #9  

Hello friends! Well sounds like you all are wrapping things up and we are still in the full swing of things...I am having Xmas dinner here today for 30 plus people as others in my family wanted it quiet for Xmas eve and Xmas day....so I have finally, at 2:45 pm sat down with my cup of cofee and await the crowds........I wouldn't step foot in a store today....for one thing the sales go on all week and for another, I don't need anything! Besides my family may be a bit miffed if I were not here to greet them...I've got a ham in the oven, cheese cake, potaote dish with corn flakes on top (heard of it),turkey and all the fixings and on and on....loving the Bailey's in my coffee....oh boy! Hang in there everyone hope you are all happy.....Liz in Canada
Old 12-26-2001, 09:39 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Nope, you wouldn't catch me in the mall today. I shortened three pairs of pants for DH that he bought for himself when he was in Germany last month (he never tries things on..just holds them up against himself). He went off today and bought himself some work pants but this time he checked leg length, thank goodness.
Ruth, I'd rather be watching puppies play. BTW, you have my total, UTTER admiration for throwing out that cake. Wanna come here and help me dispose of a ton of goodies? I sure dont have it in me to put them anywhere but.....in ME!
My cousin and her hubby came over for a couple of hours this afternoon but other than that it's been very quiet here. I've had DH more or less home for two whole days which is a miracle in itself. Mind you, other than crashing on the sofa most of Christmas day, he's kept himself pretty busy cleaning his work van and his work shop and running little errands.
We've had FIVE sunny days in a row ( another Christmas miracle) with cold nights and heavy frost in the mornings. So glad I finally got the last of my bulbs planted on the 24th as the ground would be too frozen by now. One year I planted them New Years Day which was not a smart thing to do.
Leftovers tonight. The goose I roasted yesterday for DH turned out perfectly and there's enough for one more meal. He loves his German braised red cabbage with it and I will make some potato dumplings to go with the luscious gravy. I only got one quart of goose grease off this fellow which isn't bad for a goose.
Now, if I could only keep my fingers out of the goodies.