Old 12-24-2001, 07:53 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Arrow Christmas Eve!!!!!Dec 24, 2001

Christmas Eve is hear at last!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 08:25 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Question

Nor sure what happened, did a whole long post and nothing showed up, I am technologically challenged!!

Kids are very, very excited. They are driving me crazy!!!! We are going to do a quick run through and clean up the house and go to the grocery for some last minute things. Then I am hoping the darling ones will take a nap so I can make my lasagna in peace!!!

It is pretty here today, crisp and clear, it poured down rain yesterday all day!!!!.

I hope everyone has a happy day.......
Old 12-24-2001, 08:40 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Love it !!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas Everybody.

Can't wait to go to Mom's later on, we exchange gifts with the family today and tomorrow with hubby and inlaws.

Love and Peace to you all, for a happy, healthy and loving Christmas and New Year.

Love you all,, Eileen (Leens)

Remember, Jesus is the HEART of Christmas.
Old 12-24-2001, 08:41 AM   #4  

Default Let me say Merry Christmas..

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. I am cooking tomorrow so I will not be hare.
Old 12-24-2001, 08:42 AM   #5  

Default Merry Christmas!

Hello everyone! Before I start doing all the last minute chores, I wanted to stop in here!

Yesterday, we went to Green Bay and spent the day with my DS and his family. DD and her family also drove there because, after we left, they went to their fathers for a visit. It was a lot of fun seeing the grandchildren altogether. My granddaughters are so pretty (Good looks run in the family!). My grandson is so "boy". I have to admit, after three granddaughters, it is fun to buy trucks and boy stuff!

Today I have a lot of last minute things to do. DH comes home at noon and he has to clean the oven before I can bake. He loves to make pizza and the oven is filthy with burnt cheese. Sometimes.................!!

Anyway, I want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and may the good Lord bless and keep you in the palm of His hand!

Ardie
Old 12-24-2001, 09:39 AM   #6  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Happy Christmas Eve!

We have a bit of snow on the ground -- just right for reflecting all the Christmas lights. We're snug and warm and almost ready for Christmas.

We have so much to be grateful for this year. I'm probably giving more thought to the simpler things than in years past. Love. Family. Friends. Life. Health. All the material blessings that I've taken for granted. These are always part of my "Thanks, God" list. But this year it's my "Thank you, so much, Father" list.

I'm grateful for all of you, too. And the forum that Suzanne and all who work so hard to provide for us.

But most of all, I'm gratful for the little baby born so long ago, who came to earth so that we could all experience heaven on earth -- sometimes in fact, sometimes only in our hearts and minds. He has totally changed (and is changing) my life and by association, touches the life of everyone I come in contact with. Just like the ripples from a stone tossed in a lake, God's love comes into our hearts, and gently washes over those we come in contact with. No matter how much I wanted to be that kind of a person before I met Jesus, I just couldn't do it. I just kept getting in the way. That's what Christmas means to me now.

Have a great Christmas Eve and Day!

Love,
Sooner
Old 12-24-2001, 02:52 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Alone at last for half an hour and have popped in to wish all my Low-Carb friends a wonderful Christmas full of Peace and Love and Joy!

I hope by now everyone has all those "must do" tasks done and is enjoying a peaceful and quiet time or a noisy and fun-filled time! My family dinner was a success - little Miss Tayler charmed everyone, including her curmudgeon of a Grandpa. We opened some presents, went out to breakfast, visited a bit and everyone has now left.

Next - I am starting to organize the food for the Open House tonight after Church. One young woman at Church told me that coming here Christmas Eve was her favourite part of Christmas and I realized I've been doing this for 17 years. I've turned into somebody else's tradition.

Take a tiny space for yourself tonight and think of the Babe who brought all this about.

Merry Christmas, my Chickie and Rooster friends.
Old 12-24-2001, 06:24 PM   #8  

Happy Christmas Everybody!

Here it is. Never thought it would come and never thought in a million years that it would all get done on time. I actually had to go out and get my dad a gift this morning, but you know what? -- there was a GREAT sale at Mervyn's and I got him two really nice tops for under $40! (Yes, cheap, cheap, cheap.)

Cheesecake is going to be my sinful pleasure -- and maybe some pumpkin roll -- since it is beautiful and the frosting was SO yummy when I licked my fingers!

I hope you ALL have a fabulous holiday!
Old 12-24-2001, 06:50 PM   #9  
It's MY Life

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

It is about 6:00 on Christmas Eve. We just got back from the candlelight service at church and I finally feel the Christmas spirit. My multi colored eye from the wall experience didn't even cause comment--don't you LOVE candlelight!!!! Today is my "family" day of the holiday. Last of the presents are wrapped--cookies baked and my DH and DS are decorating them right now and soon we will have a wonderful chauteau briand with madeira/portobella mushroom sauce (I have a recipe) don't faint! and then watch "A Christmas Story" on TV. It is my perfect Christmas Eve--just the 3 of us and I treasure and hold on to it for as long as I can!!!I hope that each of you has a lovely holiday and I will meet you back here probably in the New Year when I come back from WI. Take care of yourselves.