Old 11-18-2001, 06:44 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Morning Meteor Show!

Wow! I got up at 4 to see the Leonid meteor showers! Quite spectacular but rather chilly after a while. (I lay on a plastic sheet covered with a blanket out in the meadow. ) There seemed to be a "shooting star" every three seconds with a few really biggies that made huge flashes in the sky.

The whole thing kind of made me want to saddle up my camel and set off for Bethlehem singing "Star of Wonder....".

Anybody else see The Show of the century?
Old 11-18-2001, 07:25 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Hi there Ruthie, I am glad I am not the only CRAZY one up at 4:00 am. Actually I got up at 4:30 and watched on my front porch in a chair til about 5:30. It was pretty awesome here, it was a clear, clear night so I could see alot.

ANyone else.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

How nice to know I had company! Dh was too lazy to get up. SAys he'll watch the next one from "the other side"! LOL!
Old 11-18-2001, 08:15 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW you guys are amazing. Hubby said he was going to watch it but after so many rum & cokes I wonder if he did haaaaaaaaa! I didn't but would have liked to.

Well girls gonna go get me some coffee.......and as for my diet it isnt happening at all......will someone PLEASE knock me over the head with a bat or something. I feel so worthless and discusted with myself.....and ohhh Thanksgiving is thursday......think I'll be good NOOOOOOOOOOOO. lol.

Have a wonderful day ladies.
Love You all
Leens
Old 11-18-2001, 09:13 AM   #5  
Big Loser

Leens, I am with you girl. I ahve totally fallen apart. I keep using the excuse tht Iam going to the dr tommorrow, once I hear what she has to say I will get back on track!!! We shall see.!!!!
Old 11-18-2001, 10:08 AM   #6  

Hi Girls! I'm so envious - after waking myself up at 4:10 am, looked blearily (sp?) out the window to find that the wonderful clear night that I'd gone to bed with, had clouded over, into the misty, dreary landscape....I want to lay out in the yard too....on a tarp, and see the fireworks!!!!!! I'm so PI__ED off I could spit - spit - spit....hisss....hisssss....maybe 30 yrs. from now - doubters!

Anyway, lived thru my dinner out - at Babbra Yanis (Med/Greek), had a Bangkok stir fry (Mediterranean Greek)??? 2 glasses of white wine, no dessert - 2 buns....whoops....so was lucky I saved points from during the wk., but seeing weigh in is Tues., will save points the next 2 dys. too.

Humble pie for lunch, and ????

Maybe there'll be more fireworks tonight...

Kermit
Old 11-18-2001, 10:42 AM   #7  

Can't even reply to this I'm so mad at myself for missing the meteor show....... BAD GIRL!!!
Old 11-18-2001, 11:29 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Rachel.......Good Luck !!

I haven't fallen off because I don't consider myself really on. Well one of these days I will get it right !! Hope its soon, don't want ANOTHER year to go by and me still this fat.

Love Leens
Old 11-18-2001, 11:46 AM   #9  
Senior Chicky

We had every intention of getting up and watching the show! Unfortunately after chasing five grandbabies for two days---I DIDN'T REMEMBER WHY THE ALARM WAS GOING OFF AT 4 A.M. !!

Darn, hate that I missed it....but those g-babies are worth it!

J
Old 11-18-2001, 02:21 PM   #10  

Well, I was awake at 4:30 since the deer hunters drove through the yard. Farm trucks never have mufflers! But, I didn't bother looking for meteors as it is overcast and gonna rain tonight. Our summery weather will be over tonight and it will get cold. Oh well, I figure that being able to go to church today, November 18, without a coat, is a serendipity.
Am going to launder hubby's business clothes as soon as he finishes fixing the holding tank in the basement. I've been telling him over and over that the water pump is running too much, but he didn't believe me. He came home from church and it was running continuously. I stayed at church for Bible class. Why don't men ever belive women about things needing looking at??
Well, am off to clean the kitchen and such! God bless!
Old 11-18-2001, 02:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking I saw it, too!

Made like a teenager again and stayed up all night so I would be sure not to miss it! How spectacular! It peaked here at 5:10 a.m. and I watched with the roosters crowing and the dogs barking for about 30 minutes. I was disappointed because I couldn't see every one of them, my eyes weren't fast enough! Sure glad I didn't just give up the ghost and go to sleep at 4 like I wanted to!
Old 11-19-2001, 08:39 AM   #12  

You guys are so lucky!

I had planned on getting my boys out of bed early to watch. But unfortunately Kalamazoo was covered in a blanket of fog, it began early Saturday. I was really excited, and then I was mad! But who do I get mad at, maybe the weatherman, he said conditions would be perfect.

Just a bit jealous,

jenny