Old 11-11-2001, 12:19 PM   #1  

Default Getting Started..Can you help me?

Hi all,
I am beginning a low carb diet but just need some help and info on somethings like where to begin =).

I was wondering if some of you could tell me what u eat from breakfast to bedtime. And is it working for you?

I am not on atkins but I do want to go the low carb way.

Thanks

Stephanie
Old 11-11-2001, 02:52 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Stephanie.... this way of eatting is the BEST THING that ever happened to me.
I am a retread here. I had lost 48 lbs in only 3months but last Xmas I got off the program and eventually gained it all back and more.

I restarted Oct 1st and lost 15lbs the first month. I haven't weighed since Nov 1st but I know I am still losing because my pants are getting too big for me to wear.

Be sure to read the Low carb books. There are many of them. They will explain how this all works.
Trust me.... don't cheat and the weight will come off. I Promise.
My meals consist of meat, eggs, and veggies mainly. I had to cut back on the cheese. It slowed my weight loss. Oh... I almost forgot... WATER. Water water and more water. LOL

I recently tried using bean sprouts instead of spaggetti and it was delicious. In fact I used a can of Chinese vegetables to make Italian spagetti. LOL There are recipes threads but I am not much of a cook so I pretty much keep mine eatting simple.
Old 11-11-2001, 06:48 PM   #3  

i wish i liked meat ........but the only meat i like is chicken and turkey and i am a lergic to eggs i am tryin so desperately to lose weight i just dont know no more someone plz help me
Old 11-12-2001, 09:55 AM   #4  

Default 2cute2bfat

Hi, Thanks for the response. Are you also doing any excercising?
I got a excercise bike and an ab roller i guess that should definetly help me somewhat.
Thats great to hear u lost weight on here all I want our some positive results and I know I can do it. Thanks
Old 11-12-2001, 10:02 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Stephanie and Welcome. I'm glad you found your way here.

Yes, exercise will definitely help. Listen to me! the big slug in this Chicken Coop!

Hang out lots and post lots. there is a ton of good advice and support on this board.
Old 11-12-2001, 10:30 AM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi and welcome to this board.

I see you do not do atkins there are many varieties of diets here. I personally do Protein Power, there are Atkins, CAD and CALP, self restrictions, low glycemic, loe carb WW. and some somersize people here, so feel free to sk away some one here is doing your diet!!

I have a daily menue thred here so that may help but check out the recepe thread. one favorite is the cream of wheat made with ricotta. but i love my eggs and ususally have that or a shake. for breakfast. what plan are you following or are you just winging it? if you do not want to follow a plan i would suggest looking up low glycemic index foods thay will give you a good idea which foods will be better choices for you than not. OK
Old 11-12-2001, 10:38 AM   #7  

Buggaboo, I'm on The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program by Drs. Richard and Rachael Heller. And they have a section for vegetarians, maybe you could go on a form of that....

Stephanie- Maybe you could check into this diet to. Its a really good one and you can have carbs. at your reward meal everyday.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:36 PM   #8  

Default Hi Bugg!

It's good to see you back with us!
I think that you are looking for the Miracle Diet...and quite simply, there isn't one, my friend. If there were, we'd all be thin!
You have food preferences--don't we all. Some of us also have allergies too.
You have to find a diet that works for your body and STICK TO IT!
There are no fast cures, unfortunately. We all wish there were! It is a day-by-day accomplishment and, when you decide to do it, you will!
We're all here for you and for each other. God bless!
Old 11-13-2001, 05:20 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the great replies. This is my daily menu
tell me whats wrong or what i should change.

Breakfast- Scrambled eggs w/green onion. No milk in the eggs.
One C. of tea with sweet and low.

Lunch: Spinach salad with 2 hardboiled eggs, half tomato, little bit of onion, 1/4, cucumber, and 2tsp no sugar creamy vinnagrette. 3 dill pickle spears, wrapped in salami.

Dinner: 1 hamburger, no bun, with cheese.
1 C. Cottage cheese with some jalapeno peppers.

and water, water,water all through out the day.

snack: 1/2C. No sugar applesauce

Excercise: 15 min on excercise Bike, 50 crunches up and down, left and right each.

Tell me what u think
Old 11-13-2001, 05:41 PM   #10  

Default multi vitamin

I have another question it is
should I be taking multi vitamins?
im 24 sure age probablly doesnt matter.
Old 11-13-2001, 06:00 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I would take a good multi-vitamin and mineral and a calcium supplement. Calcium and Vit C are just a few of the things you could lack in this diet.