thighs rubbing solutions

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I remember reading about this awhile ago. Now that it summertime I wouldn't mind wearing a dress. HOWEVER I remember when I wore a dress on vacation a few years ago my thighs were rubbing some kind of fierce.

I saw this article on a blog about. Chub rub protectants.
    http://www.biggirlsguide.com/anti-chafing-thighs/

I also seem to remember someone saying they wore some sort of shorts which isn't a bad idea. I think they wore boxer shorts.

If anyone wears something under their dress to stop thigh rubbing please share.
  • Underarm deodorant might work. I've never put the stuff between my thighs myself, but it's specifically made to prevent skin chaffing. Add to that the antiperspirant properties and it seems like it would at least help.
  • <.<
    Spanks.
    $2-$5 almost anywhere that sells underwear. It's embarrassing to admit it, but I wear spanks when I wear a skirt. It keeps the thighs from rubbing, holds the sweat at bay, and... it's skin toned so it's not as noticeable if you were to accidentally flash someone. They hide perfectly, so I doubt anyone even notices.
  • Also, ever since I started this, I have NEVER dealt wit the "fat thigh" rash that I use to get all the time.
  • The monistat brand is the only one I've tried, and it works wonders for me.
  • Bodyglide. The female runners I run with swear by the stuff.
  • I use antiperspirant deodorant and that works well. Or I use leggings. Shorts needs to be long for me otherwise it rubs and hurts like crap.
  • The Monistat chafing cream is the best, it works much much better than antiperspirant! I used to never ever ever wear skirts until I found the stuff. I've got somein my purse at all times.
  • located where
    Quote: The Monistat chafing cream is the best, it works much much better than antiperspirant! I used to never ever ever wear skirts until I found the stuff. I've got somein my purse at all times.
    Where is it located in the stores? With feminine hygiene?
  • I also find a light layer of baby powder helps - and most women have some somewhere in the bathroom closet for hair styling purposes.

That and going commando the following night....the "extra air" seems to help relieve it
  • I wear boxer shorts - usually the jersey knit kind - because as a teenager, my parents' rule with skirts and dresses was that it had to be longer than a pair of shorts and I had to wear said pair of shorts to a) prove the skirt was long enough and b) prevent any crotch shots. It became such a habit that I still do it now (although I've since learned to roll them a couple times, ha), and I've never had the thigh chaffing problem... I bet that's why

I buy the cheapy jersey knit (soft/stretchy) ones from Target, I think the brand is Mossimo. They come in every solid color, so I've never had them peek through or anything. They can add bulk, though, so it's not something you can wear with a slinky dress or a formal gown.
  • I use short leggings (above the knee) for that, I used to also use talcum powder but that's not really considered healthy anymore.
  • The problem with the short leggings or boxer shorts is finding them in 3x.. A long time ago I think I saw somwthing in a catalog like pant slips. It's a slip but it had legs that may work.
  • shorts
    Ahhhh. These look nice.http://undersummers.com/products/plu...hortlette-slip

I still may just buy one of the creams since I probably will only wear a dresss once or twice this summer. Smh
  • Jockey slip shorts are great. I think they go up to 2x but I find they run a little big.