3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Looking Good, Feeling Great

Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #31
Mini Goal 1- 169lbs

S/C/G: 275/177.5/160

Height: 5'7

faiora: I cosign what you say 1000%. I would NEVER have deigned to wear anything but the widest of bell-bottomed jeans and pants. Nope, not even a bootcut would do, because I used to be really top heavy and apple-shaped and hipless with huge thighs and I believed a wider bell-bottom balanced me out. AND I hunted them down and wore them whether they were in style or not. Looking back, I can see how they made me look bigger and less tailored, but that was the style I was confident/comfortable with at the time, so I don't regret it. But I've realized tapered pants actually slim down my profile much more than bell-bottoms ever did PLUS when I wear longer tunic-style or less-fitted tops, I look more balanced. I think it's soooo important to be willing to try different looks irrespective of perceptions.

In answer to the question, for my awkward apple-like, narrow-hipped, flat-bummed, thunder-thighed physique, I always found luck at Lane Bryant. Their Right Fit jeans were the business. I also had luck with Jessica Simpson jeans at Fashion Bug. And in place of tailoring when I had to size pants around my thighs, I usually wore a belt. It's not ideal, but at least it reduces the gapping at the waist AND for the narrow-hipped like me, keeps my pants on my waist.

Losing the Regain- September 2017-December 2017
SW:180 CW:177.5 GW:155

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-11-2014 at 08:36 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #32

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I agree that it's important to get out of our comfort zone. It's difficult to do, that's why I depend on my one very stylish good friend to tell me how it is. Even when shopping by myself if I find something that fits I take a selfie in the fitting room and text it to her and she replies right away. Sometimes I'm shocked by what she has to say, there are many times that I think something looks good and she thinks it looks awful on me and vice versa. It's easier to buy something when someone else gives you the thumbs up.

"If you pay attention to when you are hungry, what your body wants, what you are eating, when you've had enough, you end the obsession because obsession and awareness cannot coexist." - Geneen Roth
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:20 AM   #33

I have short legs so I need petite pants. When I go into a store it's either they only sell petite sizes online (so I can't try it on? Great.); they don't sell petite sizes at all; or they only have petite sizes 00-6. Wonderful. Just wonderful. I have to roll up and cuff all my pants. Most of the time it's whatever but certain pants paired with sneakers, it just looks dumb.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #34

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Guess is my go-to brand, which I find at Winners (discount store in Canada roughly equivalent to Marshalls). They have many styles with a 34" inseam and hug my generous hips just right.

F.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #35

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

The last pants I bought were Lee comfort fits and Gloria Vanderbilt pants at Kohl's. I'll probably be out of my 16s soon though, and I have size 14 and 12 pants sitting waiting in my closet to be worn... so I'm good on pants for a while. All my skinny pants are waiting for me, hopefully I will get to wear them again soon!

Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote