Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #16  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad my area Goodwill stores seem to pass on the goodies to retail shoppers. Living in a large city, there are several stores to choose from and I regularly make a circuit. Yesterday, on my lunch hour, I found 4 long sleeved tops for a grand total of $25.94 including sales tax.

A hot pink Chico's light-weight 3/4 sleeve jacket
A turquoise Valerie Stevens "twisted" empire waist top - very fitted and flattering
A Talbots Women's Petites Pure Silk patterned blouse with beaded buttons
A "Cheetah print" collared buttondown made by Charter Club (Macy's) -(Animal prints aren't really me, but I read that Cheetah is hot for fall)

When I first started thrift shopping, I bought everything that I considered a good deal (good brand, condition and fit), but now I'm more choosy. I have to really like it, and it needs to flatter me with color and cut.

Keep looking girls! I even map out thrift stores when I travel! Fashion bargains are the BEST souvenirs!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
dstalksalot, I noticed your profile says Cali, what thrift stores do you go to? I usually try Goodwill and salvation and the stuff is usually priced around the clearance rack prices at target ($5/shirt etc) or even Ross? I never find clothes that are around $1 or super worthy of buying it second hand if that makes sense?
I shop Goodwill and wait until they have their 1/2 off sales. Its too expensive otherwise. I have become very picky with my selections. I do not buy unless they fill a wardrobe hole, have a great fit and are in great shape. Its not worth having a ton of ratty poor fitting clothing. I also shop a woman's store in Sac called WEAVE and hit up the Kohls and Target clearance. Variety is good and I shop frequently to get the best deals. My most recent find was a pair of black skinny jeans at Target for 8 bucks. Unfortunately they are already too large. So much for keeping the same size. I need a replacement soon.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote