3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   What will you gift yourself with when you lose the weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/279038-what-will-you-gift-yourself-when-you-lose-weight.html)

LadyP2013 04-05-2013 12:34 AM

Lots and lots of clothes. :) My favorite

amandie 04-05-2013 12:39 AM

I really love the personal stylist reward goal!

Originally I've always wanted to get a huge tattoo for the final goal. I have a few ideas of what I want for my tattoo but nothing set in stone yet. My ultimate goal is to go on a dream vacation to somewhere beach-y with a lot of activities- jetskis, ziplines, rafting, hiking, etc.

Palestrina 04-06-2013 08:06 AM

These are all great! I'm surprised so many will get tattoos!

Misti in Seattle 04-06-2013 10:05 AM

Well, the thing I wanted most out of it is coming soon! My boobs are so massive that they are causing musculoskeletal damage and I can hardly stand up straight. Sooooo my surgeon has decided I have reached the point where it is time for the reduction surgery! I started working with him last July and my huge goal was to get to this place! So slightly less than a month from now I will e "boobless in Seattle" LOLOL Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Palestrina 04-06-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle (Post 4695966)
Well, the thing I wanted most out of it is coming soon! My boobs are so massive that they are causing musculoskeletal damage and I can hardly stand up straight. Sooooo my surgeon has decided I have reached the point where it is time for the reduction surgery! I started working with him last July and my huge goal was to get to this place! So slightly less than a month from now I will e "boobless in Seattle" LOLOL Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yey that's amazing! I've considered a reduction as well but will wait and see what happens after the weight loss. Good for you!

Misti in Seattle 04-06-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny (Post 4696043)
Yey that's amazing! I've considered a reduction as well but will wait and see what happens after the weight loss. Good for you!

I was planning to lose as much weight as I could, too, first... but I hit a 3 month plateau, while sticking to my plan, so my surgeon said that is the time to go forward (and he said NOT to change my eating plan to something more extreme). Plus it is causing serious health issues for me... I can't stand up straight. My doctor and chiro also said it is time... my arms and legs are really skinny but all my extra weight is concentrated in boobs and stomach (that will be next) so they all think I should do it now rather than wait. So I am going for it!!!

Coffeelover64 04-06-2013 06:23 PM

Probably a lower-face/neck lift. Maybe the whole face, neck, and a tummy tuck. Must start buying lottery tickets! :D

wannaskipandlaugh 04-06-2013 08:44 PM

2 goals..... Onederland... Gonna spend a happy weekend at Disney World and an annual pass! (good place to walk away the lbs.

Once I get to my actual goal... Gonna find a nice, loving, kind, man and make whoopie. (its been toooooooo long) Yep... and then get a breast lift.

IanG 04-06-2013 09:18 PM

A Ferrari.

Palestrina 04-07-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle (Post 4696109)
I was planning to lose as much weight as I could, too, first... but I hit a 3 month plateau, while sticking to my plan, so my surgeon said that is the time to go forward (and he said NOT to change my eating plan to something more extreme). Plus it is causing serious health issues for me... I can't stand up straight. My doctor and chiro also said it is time... my arms and legs are really skinny but all my extra weight is concentrated in boobs and stomach (that will be next) so they all think I should do it now rather than wait. So I am going for it!!!

Off topic - The word chiro caught my eye here and thought I'd share my experience with you. I've never been to a chiropractor and never will. Have you ever heard of osteopathy? I'm someone who often suffers with injuries from my line of work and I see an osteopath to help me recover. Osteopathy is an extremely gentle form of medical treatment. They perform skeletal manipulation and prefer holistic and/or homeopathic forms of treatment. Pharmaceutical intervention is the absolute last option. I definitely don't want to want to step on toes but osteopathic medicine has changed my life quite literally and without the pain of physical therapy. If you want to know more about it please PM me because I feel strongly that it could be beneficial to a lot more people for any range of maladies, and primary those with muscular skeletal injuries.

I've known a couple of osteopaths by the way and they've both told me that the person who invented chiropractic (I think his name is Palmer?) actually went to school for osteopathy but dropped out and started this practice based on the little knowledge he came away with. Osteopaths on the other hand are actual doctors with a medical degree and are licensed in all areas of medicine including obstetrics, surgery, etc. Just saying, I've seen a lot of people in my field who have worsened with chiropractic care, and since I found osteopathy I've been progressively and dramatically gotten better.

amandie 04-07-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny (Post 4695857)
These are all great! I'm surprised so many will get tattoos!

I have to say, I am somewhat surprised too. I didn't think many people would get/like tattoos. For me, I personally love tattoos so I figure why not to use something I like to motivate me, ya know? It will also be a symbol of my journey and everything (if I ever am able to put it in words to make the artist understand what I want.) :) I have a small savings account set for the tattoo, it's gonna be $$$ for sure, not to mention the clothes I will have to buy when I get to goal since I have nothing that will fit me at 135, lol!

belovedspirit 04-07-2013 10:34 PM

275 lbs (soon :D) - A pedicure (first ever :))
250 lbs - TBD
225 lbs - a ring (the first time I'll wear a ring!!!)
200 lbs - a matt & nat purse
175 lbs - some new clothing :)

My reward for 150lbs (or 155lbs) will be a trip abroad.

Palestrina 04-08-2013 06:34 AM

It's also surprising how many people have never gotten a pedicure. That's amazing because I can't even comfortably reach my toes to give myself an effective pedi, how do y'all do it? Go au natural? I wouldn't be caught dead without a pedi and if I try to paint my own nails it looks like a 4yr old did them lol!

PaintedPonies 04-08-2013 01:10 PM

Man, I have SO many prizes!

I'm now at 173, and my birthday is in 5 weeks. If I can get into the mid 160s by my bday, I will buy so many gifts for myself :D

SuperHeroTeacher 04-08-2013 09:57 PM

I'm planning a beach vacation for when I reach goal - probably Hawaii, but nothing in stone yet.

I like that so many of you have mini rewards along the journey! Off to set mini rewards now...