Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Lingerie...

So I've decided that at some point in my relationship I want to try something I've never tried before -- wearing lingerie. But the thing about it is, I have NO idea what I'd look like in it. I don't know what would look good on me and looking through pictures online just makes me think there is no way in **** I could pull off such sexy garments. There's also the issues of fit and whatnot and I honestly don't know how to go about doing this for myself. If I wear this stuff I want to feel sexy in it, but really, simply thinking about it just makes me extremely self-conscious. I kind of find this funny, cause I don't mind letting the guy see me naked, so what difference would a sexy outfit make, right?

What did y'all do for y'alls first time wearing lingerie? For the still plus-sized look, what do y'all recommend?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #2  
Summer 2012! :)

S/C/G: 350/165/165

Height: 5'11

gunna lurk in this thread to hear advice.
trancedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170?/135/125

Height: 5 ft

You might do a google search for "plus size lingerie" to get an idea of what someone who is not stick thin looks like in lingerie. It's really hard to tell what something will look like on a average or larger woman by looking in Victoria's Secret.

I know what you mean, though, about it being easier to not wear anything than to try and wear lingerie. But if you give it a try, it might be a great confidence booster. Why not ask your honey what kind of thing he'd like to see you in? You may be surprised.
ericacrochets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #4  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

I did ask him, and he told me I could wear pretty much anything for him and he'd like it, lol. That didn't help me at all!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

roamans and onestopplus websites have some great stuff, roaman's sexy nightgowns seem to run a little big. I had to give one to my mom as it didn't fit me, and I didn't want to deal with returns.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #6  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

I'll say one thing I know about men... no matter what you are wearing or what you might "think" you look like, if you show him that you are feeling confident and sexy he'll be all over it! :P

That being said, you have to FEEL like you look good so it's important to find the right fit. At my highest weight I used to squeeze myself into smaller sized lingerie and then wonder why I felt terrible. Then I just found something that fit without thinking about what size it was and I felt and (I thought) looked pretty awesome!

Try this site: http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/

Find something that fits right and makes YOU feel good!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #7  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I bought some lingerie off the internet...cant remember the sight..but i got the "babydoll" style in satiny and lacy ones..Pretty much like wearing a long camisole in a way...with a thong underneath... Usually they will fit you in the size that you are...so if you are a 4x in shirts, then get a 4x ...however...one thing is..you have to make sure that the bust size will fit ..so check that too and make sure that it will fit you...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/223.3/150

Confidence is the best thing you can wear with lingerie. Start with something simple and that you're comfortable. I don't like lingerie that shows my tummy but a babydoll with a good push up bra looks good on bigger girls. If you aren't comfortable with a thong, you could always go see through or lace panties. The hipster kind help cover your lower belly too. Just remember, whatever you wear doesn't matter too much. Chances are your bf won't even remember it and you won't be wearing it long, lol

corinthian314 is offline   Reply With Quote