Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default Size 12 uk - what size US ? Very confused !

Hi
I live in Belgium and wear a EUR 38/40. I also wear a size 12 UK. What size does this equate to in US sizes?? I think it's an 8 but see so many different versions of sizes - Juniors, misses, womens etc - what should I be looking for? Also what size would this be in the S,M,L ??
I am coming to Florida for a month, 145lbs down and intend to seriously boost the economy !! Also looking for recommendations for shops suitable for a funky 45 year old (I wear Hollister, America Today,H&M and Zara usually)
Many thanks for any responses or suggestions for places to go.
Also I am rather nervous about portion sizes and restaurant eating as I don't really do that here. I've been assured it's ok to ask for a box as my meal comes out so I can halve it. Any suggestions of lowcarb/calorie friendly places to eat?
Many thanks
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/177/150

Height: 5'2

You're right about the US size being an 8. Usually the size would be M, sometimes can be considered small if you're looking for tops, especially.

Store-wise I would recommend going to Macy's, Ann Taylor LOFT, Forever 21 (definitely), and Express. These stores are usually great for finding a lot of new trending fashion if you're not worried about pricing (although Forever 21 isn't as expensive, but the clothes are amazing!)

If you go out to eat, definitely ask for a box for your portions that you're cutting out. In America, practically everyone does it, so it isn't a big deal, at all.

Restaurants I would recommend are Applebee's (which also is Weight Watchers friendly, they show calories on certain items) and Olga's Kitchen (especially if you like lamb and salads.)

If you're nervous about eating out, just be careful about the portions and when they ask if you want sides, etc. Most places usually recommend french fries for sides, but I swap it with salads when I can. They will definitely left you do that.

Good luck on your trip!
ShetlandSheepdogLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

European 38 is a 6, 40 is an 8, UK 12 is an 8. That said, sizes mean very little these days. My pants that currently fit me range from size 2 to size 10, and my tops/dresses that fit me range from extra-small to extra-large. That's why I never shop online.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
European 38 is a 6, 40 is an 8, UK 12 is an 8. That said, sizes mean very little these days. My pants that currently fit me range from size 2 to size 10, and my tops/dresses that fit me range from extra-small to extra-large. That's why I never shop online.

F.
I agree. So don't get discouraged if you take a few 8s in and they all fit differently. It's going to depend on the brand!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/177/150

Height: 5'2

Agreeing with the posts above, it does depend on the brand. Some run small, others run larger. For that reason stated, definitely try everything on if possible. For example, a lot of Forever 21's clothing runs a bit bigger, and Hot Topic (another store) runs smaller.
ShetlandSheepdogLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

and if you're an american eagle, hollister or abercrombie fan you'll notice they run a lot smaller and are just there to kill your ego
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #7  
I Will do this....

Thanks for your help- whats the difference then between juniors, misses and womens? I gather juniors are for teens, but I sometimes like items in that department. I suppose it's all to do with cut.
I'll be delighted to buy anything in an 8. I began at 300lbs, so
Old 06-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Jrs. typically fit those with less curves. Smaller hips and butt. They size in odd numbers.
Petites are for women shorter than about 5'3 and have a P after their size.
Womans are for fuller figures (more room in butt and hips)and pluss sizes. They start around a 14 and go up they have a W after their size.
Missis are regular sizing and typically go to a 16 or 18.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #9  
I Will do this....

Thank you