Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #16  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Ooh, I didn't realize the bikini bottom could be unfolded up. I LOVE the color and pattern - go for it!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6

I think you could definitely wear a two-piece. If you're uncomfortable because of the loose skin, find one that comes to just under your belly button. They're out there, you just have to hunt. Definitely agree that red is too harsh with your light complexion and hair. Blues and greens would look better on you.

That being said, you look really good, you've lost a lot of weight and should be proud to show it off in a flattering swimsuit. Just out of curiosity, what does your hubby think? Mine went shopping with me and helped me make my final decision.

Keep us posted as to what you purchase.

Last edited by fitmom; 04-01-2012 at 05:53 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #18  
threenorns

oooooooooh-kay, now i'm seeing it!

i totally wasn't looking at the right suit - definitely go with the foldover; it's adorable.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #19  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
i think you probably look much better in person than in the pic .... you have a nice overall shape .... i dont love all red on you though .... if you dont tan nicley you may look like lobster .... and the cut isnt showcasing your body type well you look straight up and down

i feel you would look nice in a printed suit maybe (no flowers - dear god please dont wear flowers if i see one more woman who looks like a boquet on legs i will cry ) ... please do check out the following link

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/vin...p-couture.html

and a plain red bikini top .... mixing and matching is very IN this year !
That's what I was thinking. I love retro styled clothing.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #20  

You are NOT huge! You are rocking in good shape! Good for you!

To answer original question: Skip the bikini thing. I'm just saying because you asked for honest answers. I wish I had someone to tell me if I should fashion myself otherwise.

But I'm still just sayin': You have a rockin' body! Just unfortunate skin.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #21  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
You are NOT huge! You are rocking in good shape! Good for you!

To answer original question: Skip the bikini thing. I'm just saying because you asked for honest answers. I wish I had someone to tell me if I should fashion myself otherwise.

But I'm still just sayin': You have a rockin' body! Just unfortunate skin.
Thank you. I do want honesty and I do have the worst skin. I started getting stretch marks with growing. i got them for everything. During my pregnancy, I was still losing weight, but was getting stretch marks. My sister who gained 70 pounds didn't get any stretch marks. Where's the fairness in that?

I do workout - I lift weights 2 times a week (about to up it to 3 times a week) and do cardio 2-3 times a week, but I have stretch marks and loose skin issues. Those are my battle scars, right? If after all is said and done and I live healthily ever after, bad skin is the least of my worries.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #22  

Height: 5'2"

i love the pattern. the fold over bottoms are cute, but have you seen what they look like folded up? and are you sure its meant to be worn that way if you choose? it might look weird is all. at the very least, the plunge tankini top is cute.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #23  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by valalltogether View Post
i love the pattern. the fold over bottoms are cute, but have you seen what they look like folded up? and are you sure its meant to be worn that way if you choose? it might look weird is all. at the very least, the plunge tankini top is cute.
Yes, that is the whole point - it allows lots of different coverage. Nearly every maker of bikinis out there make this version so you can see it on lots of suits online - just not (yet) of this suit in particular. So, I can get an idea of what it looks like.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #24  
Melissa

I just ordered a tankini and bottoms from figleaves by fantasie for way cheaper than the US price and then got the bikini top and a different bottom in the US store (they were out of my size on figleaves) - just in case I want to try it.

Its' this: http://www.turnbullslingerie.co.uk/s...id=1138&dept=2

and this:

http://www.lindasonline.com/fantasie...2-cayenne.html

The pinks and oranges and navy blues are another good color combo for me and matches my coverups I already have. Notice the folded up bikini bottom in this second link. This is how it looks folded down and up. Scroll through all the photos on the left and you'll see the "up" and down". They also show the 'catwalk" if you press the tab under the picture in the middle.

http://www.simplybeach.com/products/...f-Cayenne.aspx
Old 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #25  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I'm glad you found a bikini you can be happy with. My stomach could be your stomach's twin, especially when I'm a bit lighter than I am currently. For me, it's the scars of 5 pregnancies, including one 9lb4oz baby.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #26  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Me View Post
I'm glad you found a bikini you can be happy with. My stomach could be your stomach's twin, especially when I'm a bit lighter than I am currently. For me, it's the scars of 5 pregnancies, including one 9lb4oz baby.
I only had two full term pregnancies - but my first baby was 10 lbs 9 ozs and 22 inches and my second was 11 lbs 14 ozs and 22 inches. AND with my second I had extra water and a large placenta. I got more stretch marks the second go around - all the ones above the belly button.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #27  
threenorns

don't even talk to me about stretch marks - mine make me look like i'm wearing striped boy shorts.

my first pregnancy, i gained 85lbs, went from 125 to 210. she was born at 45wks, 8lb 14oz, 23-3/4" long.

with my second, i only gained 65lbs and i was 155 to start so i figured no problem with the stretch marks. not so! she was induced at 36wks, weighing 8lb 3oz, 17" long.

with my third, i gained 40lbs - that's it! she was induced at 39wks - she was 7lb 10oz and was 21" long - and i got the worst stretch marks of all!

go figure.

there is no rhyme or reasoning with them and all the lotions, potions, and massaging in the world doesn't do a darn bit of good.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #28  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I think that was an excellent idea ordering both the tankini and bikini top.

Right now in your weight loss/reshaping your best features appear to be your top and your legs. You have really nice shoulders and even though you think your chest is huge, a good fitting swim top can make you look fantastic. I think the tankini at this point may do that.

I've seen people with the same tummy as you at the pool in bikinis, and I don't think people really care what other people wear - especially at our age, so I'm sure you'd be just fine in the bikini top too. It's up to you on what YOU feel comfortable in.

Last edited by Vex; 04-02-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #29  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

It looks like a nice bikini. I think you'll do well with the fold-up bottoms. And I am sure the hubby will appreciate the view from other angles. Rock what you've got Mama. We only live once.

I think once you get your tan going, those stretchmarks are going to be less noticeable. If you are concerned, maybe do a self tanner at home before you go. By the time a self-tanner fades, you should have some natural glow from the sun.

When I stand in the mirror to check how my bod is shaping up, it's always my tummy I zoom in on too. My dh on the other hand, only stares at my boobs and butt, couldn't care less about a stretchmarks and some belly fat....just thought that might give you some perspective about what areas the eyes (at least guy's eyes) are naturally drawn towards when less clothing is worn. Accentuate the positive, right?

I hope you have a great time on your vacation!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #30  
Melissa

When the suits arrive, I'll take photos in better lighting, with a better camera with a better setting period. I still have a couple months to work on more toning and weight loss before the season opens at the pool. And I might wait until vacation for the bikini - bikinis are more common there for women of all ages and sizes than here. Which is part of the reason I wanted to get it. They are much less into the "your body has to be perfect to wear a bikini" there than here - at least on the Croatian coast.

THough, few women are fat - but saggy skin, stretch marks, older women - they all wear bikinis and men of all sizes and ages wear speedos. It's a different culture. Fatness isn't really acceptable, but aging and body flaws are.