Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #16  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

oohh makeup !!! hehe

face stuff im not big on ... i dont like anything on my face i will claw at it ...

call me gross but i cannot wash my face i have a phobia of washing my face i splash water at it but cannot close my eyes to use soap ... i dont even close my eyes when i swim and trust me it burns.

lips ... well i lick them and hope for the best i dont like the feel of lipstick i do like lipstain if im going out though

eyes ... oh hello ...

eyeshadow primer by ELF
white chubby eye crayon in milk shade by NYX ( a base for color to go on brighter )
depending on how i feel some ridiculous color colaboration from the 120 eyeshadow pallet i have , if im feeling plain ill just dust on some lavender though it seems to be my go to color.
eyeliner gel from WET AND WILD omg i love it if you are a liner junkie like me please youtube the review from this i love love love it !!!
and indian KHOL powder to line my upper and lower waterlines
and mascara ... i try different mascaras all the time yet to find one i love ....

lol i have a box full of eyemakeup ... i own one lipstick that i use for halloween or for in the winter i use it as a cream blush lolz
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Face:
Mary Kay Tinted Moisterizer with spf 20
Mary Kay mineral powder
Mary Kay Shy Blush--love this color!
Any peach/coral tinted lip color. I'm very pale and this really helps make me look less pasty, but not clownlike. very natural!
They're Real Mascara

I also adore the "Yes to..." line. I use Yes to Cucumbers as my nightly facial lotion before bed.
http://www.yestocarrots.com/category...ory_id=0000001
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #18  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Cleansing:

For my ever-aging skin...

Top off with

Face Make-up:

Eye Shadow:

Mascara:

Eyeliner:

Lips:

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 04-08-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Love these threads!

Face:
L'oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation(amazing foundation if you have oily skin!)
Physicians Formula Concealer (probably changing this when I run out)
Mac Select Sheer Pressed Powder
Whatever blush I happen to wear that day

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden (the matte, skin-toned one)
Eyeshadow changes from day to day but I often use the Too-Faced Natural Eye kit
Revlon Colorstay pencil/liquid eyeliner
Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #20  

Height: 5'0"

Everyday:
- Nothing, except maybe some Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer if my skin is dry

Wanting to look decent:
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer
- Tarte tinted moisturizer
- Cover Girl waterproof mascara
- Revlon lip stain

Wanting to look super hot:
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar moisturizer
- Tarte tinted moisturizer
- Cover Girl waterproof mascara
- Revlon lip stain
- Black eyeliner (whatever is on sale or cheap)
- Gray eye shadow (whatever is on sale or cheap)
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

oOo makeupp

face :
NYX eye shadow base -- used as a concealer
Bobby brown bronzer -- in deep
MAC blush

Eyes:
Wet and wild liquid eyeliner - BEST liquid liner.. but cream mac liner cant be beat.. lol
Loreal voluminous mascara

lips- nivea lip balm.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #22  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow! I'm out of the loop.

Here's my face: Mascara, Purple Clinique Eyeshadow. I'm fancy like that .

My mother doesn't wear any makeup at all. I needed sisters to learn about this stuff, or something!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

face:

- lightly apply covergirl smoothers in classic ivory to face
- dust face with MAC studiofix pressed powder in NW20
- put MAC mineralize blush in dainty on my cheeks
- MAC pro longwear concealor under my eyes if I look super tired

eyes:
- diorshow mascara/covergirl lashblast/benefit bad gal lash ~ whatever one I choose that day
- MAC fluidline eyeliner in blacktrack on the upper lid (all 50's like )

lips:
smiths rosebud salve
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #24  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Wow! I'm out of the loop.

Here's my face: Mascara, Purple Clinique Eyeshadow. I'm fancy like that .

My mother doesn't wear any makeup at all. I needed sisters to learn about this stuff, or something!

hazahhh !!! another purple eyeshadow fan !!!

yayy for purple !!
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by medifaster27 View Post
What do you normally use for makeup on a daily basis? What products?

Face
Avon "Get a Tint" Moisturizer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Plus
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark

Eyes
MAC Eye Shadow in Wedge
MAC Eye Shadow in Saddle
MAC Liquid Eyeliner in Rapid Black
NYC Black Eyeliner Stick
Mascara (I have tons, some MAC some not, all more or less the same IMO.)

Lips
Aquaphor (I do the eyes up so much I like to just moisturize my lips.)
My friend and I were discussing this...don't you find that the MAC shadows that are completely matte tend not to last as long? We have both found this. For example, I used to love Saddle as you mentioned above, but it would always dissapear into my crease. I replaced it with the almost identical shade "Antiqued" and it lasts all day.

Oh and the only mascara I have found to be truly different (and I try a different one every few months...) is Dior by Christian Dior. Expensive, but amazing!
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 150s/122/110

Height: 5'2

My mother had the most beautiful intense makeup routine that I observed in awe as a child. As I've gotten older, my face is starting to look more like hers, and I find that I imitate a lot of the makeup she wore in the 90's. One thing I have always done that she did is using my lipstick/stain as my blush.

Face
A topical retinoid for wrinkles/acne at night
Jouer tinted moisturizer
L'oreal concealer/illuminator pen

Eyes
I define my brows with a brush dipped in a little Lancome brown shadow
Fiberwig mascara
I use the same shadow as a liner if I'm feeling fancy

Lips Besides a defined brow, this is where I go big
Just Bitten lipstain in Crave (deep berry)
or
Revlon lipstick in Siren, a beautiful orange
or
Nars Velvet lip pencil in Cruella, a true, matte red

I love dramatic lips with a practically nude eye, especially during the day. It makes me feel so distinct, and I love the ritual of pulling out my compact and reapplying lip color.
guichita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
My friend and I were discussing this...don't you find that the MAC shadows that are completely matte tend not to last as long? We have both found this. For example, I used to love Saddle as you mentioned above, but it would always dissapear into my crease. I replaced it with the almost identical shade "Antiqued" and it lasts all day.

Oh and the only mascara I have found to be truly different (and I try a different one every few months...) is Dior by Christian Dior. Expensive, but amazing!

I had the same problem but when I was using Mac eyeshadow primer, but I switched to Urban decay's primer, not a problem anymore!! Trax is my absolute fav MAC eyeshadow, just glad the creasing is gone now

Btw are you talking about DiorShow?? I've heard so many good things about it but I can't justify the $$$ just yet lol, one day I might just shell out the money for it!

Anyone try Urban Decay's new eyeshadows??
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #28  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Daily: Burts Bees mango lip balm. LOL.

Some days: Clinque quick corrector beneath my eyes and whatever else I need to cover up.

When I make an effort every few weeks or so: A tri-color blush from Aveda; black mascara from Clinque; some sort of lip gloss (I have a few I like).

I seriously need help with makeup. I have NO idea what to do with it, and every time I've had it done by someone else I feel like I look like a clown.

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-08-2012 at 01:19 AM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
I had the same problem but when I was using Mac eyeshadow primer, but I switched to Urban decay's primer, not a problem anymore!! Trax is my absolute fav MAC eyeshadow, just glad the creasing is gone now

Btw are you talking about DiorShow?? I've heard so many good things about it but I can't justify the $$$ just yet lol, one day I might just shell out the money for it!

Anyone try Urban Decay's new eyeshadows??

That's true, I have that primer (well a small sample size) and it does work amazingly well. The truth is though that my makeup routine is already SO INCREDIBLY TIME CONSUMING that I can't be bothered to add that extra step most of the time. I am one of those people that never leaves the house without makeup and when I go out for a 'night on the town' I do the works! I have the skillz, if I do say so myself LOL.

DiorShow IS amazing. The first time I used it I was taken aback by the largeness of the brush. But after a few times using it, I got the hang of it and it just gives better results than any other mascara. I tried cheaper big brush mascaras but they don't work as well so it must be the formula as well. But it is so expensive that I usually only get it for special occasions. I throw out any mascaras I have past 3 months of age. Lately I've been using the Great Lash cheapy after intenstively curling my eye lashes because its a good 'extremely cheap' option...but can't compete with Dior.

Beauty mags always give Covergirl mascaras all kind of awards which makes me try them again and they ALWAYS SUCK! I don't understand how they win these awards other than the magazines that give them those rewards probably rely heavily on their advertizing dollars. Okay rant over. lol.

I spend too much on makeup so now I'm trying to focus on just using the stuff I already have.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Daily: Burts Bees mango lip balm. LOL.

Some days: Clinque quick corrector beneath my eyes and whatever else I need to cover up.

When I make an effort every few weeks or so: A tri-color blush from Aveda; black mascara from Clinque; some sort of lip gloss (I have a few I like).

I seriously need help with makeup. I have NO idea what to do with it, and every time I've had it done by someone else I feel like I look like a clown.
Hey if you like Clinique, you'll find their all about eyes concealar is a MUCH better concealar. I find that their other concealars just do not have enough pigment to get the job done right.

If you want to get better at makeup, now is the perfect time to get better at it! There are SO MANY AMAZING tutorials on youtube. Seriously, I could watch those videos for hours. Girls will post step by step how they achieve their makeup looks...it is great for learning new techniques. I even watch the drag queen tutorials when I'm feeling dramatic lol.

I wish I'd had youtube as a teenager. Would have saved me a lot of time and HORRIBLE looks lol. My mom NEVER wears makeup so I had to learn everything through trial and error on my own.