Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #1  

Default Shapewear (Girdle?!??!)

Hi All,

My belly is very jiggly when I walk even though I'm about 10 lbs away from my goal weight. I had a baby almost 10 months ago but that area hasn't bounced back yet.

What kind of product do you think I could wear under my clothes in the meanwhile? I'm sick of my muffin top and how I look pregnant as soon as I eat anything.

My friend recently bought the famed Spanx but said she HATED them which has made me wary to try them.

Thoughts????
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5'0"

I have tried numerous brands/styles of shapewear, including Spanx, and have hated every single one.

Though it's possible I'm expecting a miracle.

I mostly bought shapewear to hold in my tummy, which was pooching a lot after 2 kids. I wanted something to help smooth out my muffin top. The result: it all just pushes the fat somewhere else. So instead of having a muffin top above my pants, I get a squishy ring of fat under my boobs or at my hips or whatever.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I really like the Hanes brand of shapewear - something like this:

It doesn't take off "10 pounds!" but it does slim me a little & really helps "smooth out" the lumpity-bumpity areas. Also, it's not expensive like Spanx or other brands. I have one in black, white, & nude color (as shown). Goes great under skirts/dresses and pants, too.

And the MAIN reason I like it? When wearing a skirt/dress - I HATE my thighs rubbing together! - this puts a dead-end to that problem!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 04-05-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I love Spanx Power Panties shorts. My upper belly is bigger than my lower belly, so I really like the high waisted ones - they're called Higher Power. Tuck the top under your bra and it stays PUT. I am completely honest with my size, and I think they're very comfortable. They're expensive, but I think they are much better than the less expensive versions I've tried.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #5  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I have a spandex brand tank and an off brand tank... the spans brand one rolls up when I bend or sit but the off brand one stays put... thought it make me look more round because of the day it squishes my belly and it can get painful if it bunches during the day. I only wear it when I am in mu "professional" clothes.. when I get home I rip that sucker off immediately! Id try them on before you buy them and move around in them to make sure they feel OK.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #6  

Hmmm thanks for the tips everyone.

I think you're right...going to have to try before I buy. UUUGGGHHH!!!! I don't like trying on clothes let alone tight shape wear. I really need it though. Just today I was getting dressed and litterally everything looked terrible because it all magically clings to that area no matter what size.

I even bought looser pants to see if that would help but that middle section still looks awful.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/256/234

Height: 5ft 2inches

I wear spanx or the target brand several times a week. I like the cami's or tanks more then the high waist pants for everyday wear. Wearing the correct size makes a huge difference. It should not squeeze you so tight it is painful. I am not sure how to describe the right fit but I would encourage getting your true size NOT a size down.
5aday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

camis/tanks always roll up on me. (i bend a lot for my job) so i think when i go shopping next i will look into a more bodysuit type option. i will report back!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I keep thinking about getting a corset. I ALWAYS have the rolling issue with shapewear because I have a rounded stomach (waist>underbust). Tankinis don't work for me either. However, a corset might so once I hit goal I'm planning on getting one. There are a lot of blogs that review them. I know Fullerfigurefullerbust has a lot of shapewear and corset reviews.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote