Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Default Tattoo opinions...what do ya think?

My hubby and I are going to be on the the island of Kauai the end of the month to celebrate our recent 30th anniversary. We have decided to each get a tattoo while there.(Yes, I know it screams midlife crisis..we're ok with that! Lol!) He will probably get something car or motorcycle related on his bicep,but I don't want mine to show unless I want it to....so here goes. I think I want one right above my bikini line(hubby thinks the location sounds HOT ; ) But I haven't told him what I'm thinking of having done. What do you all think of having "To have and to hold...and then our wedding month day & year in a really pretty small script. I was also thinking of having it written Hawaiian to commemorate our trip. Thoughts? This would be my 1st tattoo,and I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my hubby around for a while longer! Lol!
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds beautiful!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #3  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

- Love it!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-12-2012 at 03:31 AM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

That sounds awesome!! And while my DH and I were on Oahi for our honeymoon, we both got tattoos. It was GREAT, but since we did it the last day, it was weird on the plane, lol... The artist didn't want us doing it earlier in our trip to avoid pool water and the like. Anyways, I got a little hawaiian islands on my inside ankle. It's adorable, and people always comment on it... they like the idea of remembering such a life event in a permanent way!

Good luck!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #5  

Aww... that is so sweet, a month seems like just the right amount of time to make sure your decision isn't going to fade.
Julia75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #6  

Kateleestar, I was thinking the same thing about waiting till the last day for the same reason. Also,our plane doesn't leave until 11 pm, so we have lots of time to kill the last day. One concern I have is sitting for hours on end with a new tattoo in that area.Could be a bit u
comfortable!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

It wasn't awful, but my DH got his on his calf and having his leg down for an 8 hour flight, and then a 2 hour flight, he was a little swollen. That was the only issue. We live in Ohio, so we flew from Cleveland to Houston, then from Houston to Oahu. We plan to go again, and will NOT fly into Houston, or Atlanta, it will be LA or Seattle, or something as far west as possible, LOL.

Mine was on my ankle, like I said, but I'm smaller than DH so I didn't have any issue moving around and I didn't swell as much. A little, but nothing an extra bottle of water and an aleve didn't take care of!

I think its a GREAT idea, Veal. Really. You won't regret it! Not only is it to remember your husband and marriage, you can always say 'oh, yeah, I got this in Hawaii!' ... I don't know where you are in the Midwest, but people here are like, oooo! hawaii!

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #8  
super geek

S/C/G: 185/151/138

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veal2Steel View Post
Kateleestar, I was thinking the same thing about waiting till the last day for the same reason. Also,our plane doesn't leave until 11 pm, so we have lots of time to kill the last day. One concern I have is sitting for hours on end with a new tattoo in that area.Could be a bit u
comfortable!
It'll be a bit uncomfortable no matter what, but you should be fine! I find that doing things that will move/rub on it is more sore. Just try and wear something as loose and breathable on the area as possible. Enjoy your trip, I hope you'll love your new art!
rocket pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I think it sounds great!!

On our 15th anny, my husband & I got tatts (he currently has 6 and I have 12) - I got yin/yang dolphins on my right outer ankle and he got yin/yang celtic dragons on his right outer calf. Then we both had the roman numeral XV (15) incorporated in the middle.

We'll celebrate our 19th this year, and next year, on our 20th, we'll get another tatt to commemorate that one...then another on our 25th ... and I'm sure there's gonna be many in-between as well
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I think it sounds like a fantastic idea!
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

That sounds really special!!! Who cares if anyone thinks it's a mid-life crisis, I think its great!!! I'm working on a full rib piece right now (just went for session number 2 on Monday) and I'm so excited about it
tenniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'm ready for my third tat but I'm going to make it a goal reward...
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #13  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I don't really go much for tattoos, but that one sounds awesome. You'll smile every time you see it.

I've been thinks of what to do or get when I hit my goal and maintain for awhile. I've thought about a bracelet, about bedazzling 100 plus on my workout clothes, but a tatto would be cool too (but really depressing if I ever regained, of course!)
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #14  

Berryblondboys, Believe me I have thought about the weight gain thing! I would hate for the little decorative flowers I want on either side of it turning into hanging potted plants. That is a huge incentive for me to keep up my ab workouts!
Thanks all for you comments,I'm excited to get it done!