Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Default Spray Tan

I feel like this is something I should know about- but I don't. Has anyone done a spray tan? Do you like it? Is it obvious the next day or can you darken gradually? Do you wear a swimsuit? Enlighten me please.

I am thinking I may feel extra good with some color but I am pretty fair skinned and tend to burn if I am outside a lot so I don't LAYOUT.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #2  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

thre are different degrees of color. if you are fair skined you would want a lighter color if you go to dark i think you can look orange. I like it better when there is a person spraying me. When I go into one of the booths it freaks me out a little casue it is hard to breath for a few moments. I can hold my breath that long, but just the fact of knowing i can't breath freeks me out a bit.
milliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I had a person spray me. Basically, I stripped down (nekkid) and stood in like a shower stall and moved around while she spray painted me head to toe. I had waxed a few days before so was pretty hairless to get a more even tan.
They say to wait 12 hours or so before you shower or anything for the tan to sink in. I was pretty dark when I left there as the spray has alot more color than what you will end up having. I guess this is so the person spraying you can see where they have already sprayed.
When I showered that night, the water ran orange off me for a while and I ended up with a very subtle tan.
Koolmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

One of our members has her own business doing spray tans. Lucky8, where are you?
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for posting this! I tan well, I'm 1/2 italian, but... you know, those icky cancer side effects, lol... so I don't anymore.

I'd love to know more about it!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

and I am also wondering if spray tans cover stretch marks... and I also now wonder if I need to wax arms and legs if I am going to do this... i feel like I would like to still know more...
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ok, I know nothing about spray tanning, but I am always wary of chemicals. Allowing a chemical to seep into your body seems just as bad as laying in the sun too. At least with the sun you get some Vitamin D.

I'm as WHITE as they come (I burn in March), but I just can't do lotion tans or spray tans. what is deemed 'safe' now could be considered toxic 10 years from now.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

My sister used to work at a tanning salon and got spray tans all the time. She even convinced my mom to try it once. It looks decent if you go somewhere that knows what they are doing. My mom's one-time spray looked fairly realistic (it also darkened to its full color by the next day), though my sister tanned all the time and looked a bit orange. She has never waxed before so I don't think that's a must-do before you tan.

I've never tried it, though I've used Jergen's line of lotion tans before and was pleased with the results.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I've only ever done self-tanner at home and while I'm usually happy with the results, I'm a little intrigued by the idea of doing a Mystic Tan or something similar. I'm a ghost, and I have a history of skin cancer in my family, so I don't ever, ever lay out, but now that I've lost weight, I'd love to rock a bikini on my next vacation without fearing I look downright reflective.

I was just checking out the web site of a tanning place near me and they have a version of something like the Mystic Tan but which includes sprays for anti-aging moisturizer and stuff? Just wondering if anybody's splurged and done something like that.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/150

Height: 5'10

I go to Tan World and get spray tans, they have 2 for the price of 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays! I looove it. I usually tan at level one for 15 minutes first then do it because it opens up your pores and makes me feel like the color is going to last longer! But, yeah I go with the medium color and I'm fairly light skinned. All my friends get them too, and we all feel way darker after, and can always tell when either of us have had one. I lovee spray tans. My best friend Emily never wanted to go get one because she's realllly fair skinned, but finally she went and got one and didn't look orange at all! She actually regretted going with the light color because she didn't feel like it was dark enough (it was pretty subtle). It's easy, you're naked in the booth, turn the way the machine tells you to, then get out and dab the towel gently on you to get any drips off, then redress! Just don't wear white because the color might stain on that.
sweetsmmr91 is offline   Reply With Quote