Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Default Why yes,I AM hot!

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I've been reading alot of posts of women who say they are uncomfortable with any attention they get after weight loss. I'm beginning to think I'm a freak of nature because I suck it up like a thirsty sponge! I'm 48 and have been married to a great guy for 30 years. He has ALWAYS lavished compliments on me no matter what my size, so it's not like I'm starved for attention. I have to say I think he enjoys too.When we are out together and other men check me out he has this look on his face that says" Yeah, she's hot and she's mine!" I was at a deli counter the other day and the clerk (a woman about my age whom I've never seen before) said " I was going to compliment you on your hair,but now I see you have it ALL going on!"
Ok, I just re read what I wrote.I sound completely stuck on myself. I really am not,but I'm loving every bit of the attention! I do wonder if there is something wrong with me that I don't feel the least bit uncomfortable?
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

There is nothing wrong with feeling sexy after working hard to get the body you want. Soak it up and strut your stuff and swing your hips - what's the point of being a woman if you can't feel hot?!

This thread makes me so happy to read
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I get that. Although I haven't gotten it forever, there are times when people see me now a lot of the time they are... almost shocked (i think?) about how "pretty" and "beautiful" I am now.. Like, was I not before? LOL. I haven't lost all that much in my face, but my cheekbones are more noticeable than before, and my collar bones are starting to show up.

And I don't think you should feel uncomfortable! It's confidence in the way you look and feel, so... soak it up! You deserve it!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I have never felt the slightest amount of discomfort over compliments on my weight loss and I don't know understand why other people do. I have worked very hard on it so I felt like I deserved every one of them. I actually found those comments very motivational.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #5  

Id love to hear some. Keeps ya on track and yes, hubby is proud. Way to go.
cookinmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

That's awesome!! You should never feel bad about feeling happy, confident, sexy, and beautiful! Positive body image is infectious so keep spreading it
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #7  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I'm another one who has trouble understanding others' discomfort with attention. I get it intellectually, but like you, it's not how I feel. It's fantastic to appreciate your own hard work and to like it when others see it too.

Compliments are wonderful things. So is self-confidence. If loving these things is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I flippin' love compliments-I mean, I give plenty of them because I am just that kind of a person, but I love getting them too, especially after losing weight. I've only lost 12 pounds and I have my guy friends saying that I look really great and look like I am really working hard. I'm pretty happy with it.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7''

Theres nothing wrong with body confidence - go you! Well done & long may it continue!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Another one who is not uncomfortable with the extra attention at all. First I was getting it due to the loss, now that it's been from folks which never knew me fat, which feels even nicer.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Its not conceit it's confidence. Nothing wrong with it. My guy is similiar to your hubby! He has always loved and given me compliments no matter my shape or size. And he too gets a boost of confidence when guys are checking his girl out. It's just means he picked the right one and has impeccable taste.

If you're feeling great, it rubs off on people. The world needs to be a little bit more happy.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #12  

I wrote this recently elsewhere on the forum - what better place to pat yourself on the back than in an anonymous forum?! There's a bit of modesty in us all that would not share with everyone in person what awesome compliment you got for fear of not being modest. Here, though, let it rip!

OOoo! New Thread idea!!

Last edited by fitness4life; 05-18-2011 at 11:15 AM.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/155/140

Height: 5'6" Age (50)

I confess I eat it up like candy too. I love the compliments, and usually just smile and say thank you. I work in a very large office with 100's of employees who don't see me every day or even every week/month, so I get compliments pretty much every day from someone. Plus, when your entire wardrobe changes, people are bound to notice. Smaller body = much cuter clothes. And I think I must be carrying myself differently too because I have gotten the "you got taller" comment many times. Could be the shoes. I never used to be a shoe person, but now I love love love looking at the high healed shoes. They don't hurt like they used to, and they make you look so long and lean. Love it!
MiniMeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I am completely eating it up...let me tell you! I get flirted with all of the time now...by the jeweler, the pharmacist, you name it. I am LOVING it. I have worked my butt off to lose 79 pounds now and get a toned body...and I am going to savor every compliment I get.

What makes it more fun, is that I am a Middle Eastern dancer, and my weight loss has made it so I had to get all new dance costumes. Here is one of my new ones...I just debuted this costume about 2 weeks ago:

I had dancers who hadn't seen me in a while tell me how fabulous I looked...and I loved every minute of it. Like an earlier poster said, I worked hard, and am working hard every day to maintain my weight loss...so I feel like I deserve it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SprintPhoto_bmemtu.jpg (28.0 KB, 89 views)
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #15  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

aphil- i love the outfit, and you look great!

and don't worry, I love when people give me attention. I don't feel uncomfortable about it, and I know I look good. I don't think it's conceited for me to think this way, im just confident on how i look! and I don't think there is anything wrong with that!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote