Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #1  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Best deodorant?

I exercise pretty heavily in a hot and humid weight room, and my deodorant is just not cutting it anymore. Right now I'm using Suave Sweet Pea and Violet mostly because I like the scent, but it doesn't last through one of my workouts. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, strong deodorant that still has a feminine scent?
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:19 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I love the smell of Suave's Sweet Pea but it totally does not cut it and I have to reapply at least twice! I like Dove (I like the Cucumber one) and it still lasts after my hour long workouts.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/204.6/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm a big fan of Dove too (and i sweat ALOT)
pattypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HWK256/SW247/239/150

Height: 5'5"

I recommend the Mitchum clear gel anti-perspirant and its been the best thing i've ever used.
dancinginpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #5  
It is what it is...

I am with DancinginPaint ...I have only used Mitchum for Women gel for years and years...this stuff is wonderful, works SO well, and I can really sweat.

Give it a try...

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #6  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I stopped wearing anti-perspirant and I just wear deodorant. I wanted to see if it bothered me, which it doesn't, day to day.

And I use men's speed stick lol
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I use the Dove clinical strength visibly smooth one.. It really helped with the shaving, as my little hairs are SUPER fine now, so thats cool, and it is still going strong when I work out after work, at about 5pm... And I put it on at 5:45 in the morning.

I enjoy it. And it smells good too!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlove View Post
I exercise pretty heavily in a hot and humid weight room, and my deodorant is just not cutting it anymore. Right now I'm using Suave Sweet Pea and Violet mostly because I like the scent, but it doesn't last through one of my workouts. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, strong deodorant that still has a feminine scent?
I have been using Mennen's (yes, the one for men) in Fresh. I have been using it for over a decade and I have no plans to change. I don't even know if it's an anti-perspirant or a deodorant.

I sweat heavily and I always shower after each exercise. It is completely unthinkable to me to just reapply deodorant without showering.
I would urge you to rethink the scent. Lots of people are sensitive to the smallest amount of fragrance (and you will never know until somebody tells it to you straight). Many people assume that a deodorant (I use deodorant and anti-perspirant here interchangeably) is so negligible that that it cannot bother anyone. Wrong. People with scent sensitivity perceive any scents several times stronger than the rest of the population.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Nothing has worked as well as Degree for me. I have tried many brands and I just keep coming back to Degree (I like the Powder Fresh scent).
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #10  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinginpaint View Post
I recommend the Mitchum clear gel anti-perspirant and its been the best thing i've ever used.
Agree 10000% !!!!

I am a big sweater ... (hints why I wear sooooo much black, or other really dark colors.)

I did some research on this subject not that long ago and decided to go with the Mitchum ... LIFE SAVER!!! Its a little bit sticky when you first put it on, so I use baby powder after I use the deodorant. This stuff has really made a HUGE difference!! It really doesn't have much of a smell to it, but it helps tremendously with the sweating, and the blocking of sweat 'smell' ... Even works against the tanning bed!!! lol ...

MagicEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I vote Certain Dri for antiperspirant, and then any inexpensive deodorant (I use secret) will do on a daily basis.

You may want to check this other thread from 3fc
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...deoderant.html
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #12  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

Ive found that none of the Clinical Strength's work well for me.

The Mitchum is at 25%, which is the highest percentage on the shelve that I've seen so far.

I did hear good things about Certain Dri when I was doing my researching but I'm thinking I either didnt find it at the store, or all they had was the roll on kind, which I dont prefer.
MagicEyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #13  
Keep on Moving!

I'm adding another vote for Mitchum. I use the roll-on, either unscented or the men's Ice Fresh, which has a lovely smell. I tend to prefer men's scents and shower gels, despite being female!
georgeshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Since my diet is based on eating cleaner - I'm also trying to clean up what goes ON my body and use more natural, less harmful chemicals. Deodorant has always been a problem as the natural ones I've tried do not work for me. However, I bought DeoDry from The Body Shop (it was on sale). It does not contain harmful aluminum salts and parabens. It smells different going on - but I can't smell it thru my clothes and it works great for me! I would never have bought this if it had not been on sale - but I'm sold and going back for more. Plus it is long lasting and probably saving me money and my health in the long run.
jls0867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicEyez View Post
Ive found that none of the Clinical Strength's work well for me.

The Mitchum is at 25%, which is the highest percentage on the shelve that I've seen so far.

I did hear good things about Certain Dri when I was doing my researching but I'm thinking I either didnt find it at the store, or all they had was the roll on kind, which I dont prefer.
Certain Dri is aluminum chloride something you use at night once a week or more if needed. My doctor says three nights in a row once every few weeks. It clogs your sweat pores and can even shrink them (in cases of hyperhydrosis, especially).

Aluminum chloride is liquid, so it comes as a roll-on, but it's not to be used daily. It works like a charm.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote