Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Please tell me about Not Your Daughters Jeans

I just tried on a pair of these jeans. I think they look really good. But, I'm not used to trendy clothing. I am used to frumpy clothing. When I looked at myself in the mirror at the store, I couldn't believe how bad my pants looked on me. I have been wearing Lee Jeans that have side elastic and they button/zip. I probably shouldn't have put the SA on the spot, but I asked her if the ones I wore in would look good in my size. She shook her her no. She said that I am too young for that style. She apologized if she hurt my feelings. I laughed and told her no that I wanted her honest opinion.

Anyways, back to the Not Your Daughters Jeans. . . .

Does anyone here have them?

Are they worth the money? Here they are $99.

Do they hold up very well?

Is there another brand that is comparable? (I wear between a 10 and 12)
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

They are worth the money! They wash up well and retain their shape. I will not buy any more until I get to my goal weight due to cost but will for sure get more. Another option (that I may even like slightly more than Not Your Daughter's Jeans) are Jag Jeans. They even cost a tad less.

Last edited by Prism21; 02-11-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #3  

I've been wearing them for at least 2 years, probably closer to 3. I don't wear them daily, but probably a couple days a week. I LOVE THEM!!

They're the first jeans I can remember wearing in many, many years that look good. I'm morbidly obese, and 5'3" and still received compliments on my cute jeans -both from men & women... can NOT remember the last time that happened.

They hold up really well, I think they're well worth the investment.
u2can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:23 AM   #4  
Trying to live below 200

Thank you so much for the replies. I was hoping to be talked out of them. I still have a few pounds to go until I get to goal. I will probably wait to purchase. I told DH about them and he actually wants to go with me to see me try them on again.

Another question, do they shrink on the first wash? The SA said not to put them in the dryer. She said they will last longer and keep their shape better if you just hang dry. Thoughts on this? Do they fade quickly? I tend to like darker jeans. TIA

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-11-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #5  

I'm currently wearing one of the 2+ year old pants - they're washed probably once a week in cold water. I don't recall if they shrank much, but I don't think they did. They are still nice & dark. Granted, they're not brand new dark -but still nice & dark.

Sorry about not helping talk you out of them. My daughter (thin, healthy marathon-training fashionista) was the one to talk me into them. Until then I'd always bought my jeans at Walmart -the $20 'fat lady' ones. Why bother spending a ton of money if you're going to look frumpy anyway was my thought. I am so very glad that she did talk me into them. I find it much easier to make healthier choices when I feel better about the way I look.

As far as weight loss goes, these jeans have enough stretch (thanks to the spandex) that they give easily, but the spandex also ensures that they'll not look sloppy & baggy like other jeans. I've gotten far more size range from mine than any other brand I've tried.
u2can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have a couple pairs and I really like them. I do put them in the dryer. I'd look for a Nordstrom Rack near you or look at the Nordstrom website, they often have sales. I've bought a few pairs for around $30.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

This isn't about those particular jeans, but my mom and I both have these jeans and they look really good on both of us (I'm 29, she's in her mid 50's). A positive is that you can go into virtually any mall and try them on, and the other positive is that they're not $100!
Jean Editor
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/137

Height: 5'4.5"

For "fitted" jeans in general, I always wash in cold water. Then I take them out of the dryer while they are still damp (but not wet). I let them finish drying on a rack. They may or may not need to be ironed after they are dry, depending on the amount of spandex in them.

This helps them retain their shape indefinitely and minimizes shrinkage ... if they're good quality at least.

Last edited by Silverdrmr; 02-11-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Silverdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #9  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Wow, I hadn't heard of these before!

I want nice, fitted-but-not-too-tight jeans to go over skinny boots or heels for casual work days next year, and these look perfect. But I was just looking at the Nordstrom site and it appears that the boot-cut jeans are loose in the thigh-- can anyone talk about whether that's actually true or just the models? Should I size for my hips or my waist, if the waist is at least a size larger than hips by their chart? Also, what fabrics would be best for a more 'formal' or 'dressy' look (for work)?
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I took DH to the store so I could try them on again. He said I look smokin' a$$ hot. He said by the looks of them, they are worth the money. I put the jeans back and we were getting ready to leave the store. DH asked me why I wasn't buying them. I told him that I am hoping to lose a few more pounds. That would probably put me in the smaller size.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I tried a pair of these once and the zipper was a million miles long. I felt like they came half way up my ribcage...and I have a very long torso. Maybe for someone who is high waisted they would work well? I went with Jag jeans instead.

If you actually tried them on and liked them, get them. Jeans that actually fit well and look good are worth whatever you have to pay for them. Treat them right and they'll last.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNicole View Post
I tried a pair of these once and the zipper was a million miles long. I felt like they came half way up my ribcage...and I have a very long torso. Maybe for someone who is high waisted they would work well? I went with Jag jeans instead.
Ha Ha That made me laugh. I am high waisted.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #13  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNicole View Post
I tried a pair of these once and the zipper was a million miles long. I felt like they came half way up my ribcage...and I have a very long torso. Maybe for someone who is high waisted they would work well?
I agree. I have a pair of the NYDJ black dress pants and they are very high waisted. I bought them as a basic but I wouldn't want to wear them everyday. I got mine at TJ Maxx for about $15. I've never tried their jeans so I cannot speak to them.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by losermom View Post
I agree. I have a pair of the NYDJ black dress pants and they are very high waisted. I bought them as a basic but I wouldn't want to wear them everyday. I got mine at TJ Maxx for about $15. I've never tried their jeans so I cannot speak to them.
Hmm, Maybe I need to check out TJ Maxx! Thanks for that info. We don't have a Nordstrom here for me to look at their sale rack. Dillards didn't have them marked down, either.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

I have never tried these jeans, but I have to say that I think they have the worst name ever. All I can think of is the SNL Mom Jeans commercial. I've heard people say good things about them, but ugh. The name stinks.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote