Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

Default what do you do with all your 'fat' clothes?

I'm curious!

I love all my clothes and I know its not long before I'll be swimming in them. I have always had an eye for fashion so it makes me sad that I won't be able to wear anything in my wardrobe once I reach my goal especially since I don't have a lot of cash to buy more. them. I'm also going to cling for dear life onto my 'fat' clothes for the bulk of the losing process. I've already said I'm going to hold on to whatever I can, especially my favorite pieces.

But what will I do with the rest of the wardrobe? I hate to just give all my cute clothes away to goodwill or salvation army, not that I don't want to be generous or altruistic but I paid good money for lots of those items!

So what do you do with yours? Give them away? Sell them? have them tailored?
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Gave them away. Once I fit into a size 12 long and lean gap jean, that's all the clothing I needed!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I gave the icky ones away, and sold the "good" ones on eBay. I also kept my biggest pair of fat pants so I'd always remember how far I came.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

It's annoying (in a nice way) when you know you won't be able to wear things you really liked in the past!

For me, if it's an item of clothing that was more expensive, or something that is new or very nearly new, I sell it on eBay. If it's something that has been worn more than a few times, I donate it to a charity shop. I try to be quite selective with what I put on eBay, just because of the hassle associated with selling online (e.g., taking measurements, photographing it, posting it out, etc), and also because sometimes that hassle really isn't worth it if the item isn't going to sell for very much!

Having said that, I like the idea that someone will get a bargain (either online or in a charity shop) on an item of clothing that I've really enjoyed myself at one time
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #5  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Trashed the icky ones (side comment to myself, if they were too bad to give away, why had I been wearing them). Favorite items went to friends. The rest to Goodwill, which is where I also shop for most of my transition clothes.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #6  
Amazing will be me

ur so lucky, im still in my fat clothes but i think once i can call them my "FAT CLOTHES" because ive lost weight..........i will getting a new wardrobe.

Go on u deserve it xxx
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #7  

Currently, I wear my fat clothes, haha. I'll probably give the cute ones to friends and take the rest to good will. I'm definitely into clothes and fashion so it'll be hard to get rid of some things, but just thinking about the cute new options will probably make it do-able!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #8  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I've already told my mom that she can have all of my Ann Taylor Loft and New York and Company clothes when they get to be too big on me. Everything else will go to friends and people that need them.
princessdi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #9  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Last time I lost weight I sent them to a friend who was trying to lose weight, but not doing very well, and who is a single mom with little to no money to buy new clothes. Now, I am not sure what I will do, because I do not know anyone who wears a size as big as me..but I have a girl here at work who is also losing weight, and she is keeping her fat clothes for me. She is a size 18 on her way down to 14 and I am on my way down to a 18 but currently at a 22.

Maybe you can find some friends and start something like that, like a circle clothes exchange. I have told myself that I am not going to buy a full new wardrobe until I can look at myself nakid and like it HAHA. So I will be only replacing a few things here and there.

Who knows, maybe once you have lost weight and no longer fit in your fat clothes, you will not like them anymore. I am also a bit of a fashionista and hey, any excuse for shopping and I am ALL over t.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 276/270/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky8 View Post
ur so lucky, im still in my fat clothes but i think once i can call them my "FAT CLOTHES" because ive lost weight..........i will getting a new wardrobe.

Go on u deserve it xxx

I'm still in my fat clothes too! It just saddens me that soon I won't be able to wear some of my favorite items.
onherweighdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

eBay!!! Get money toward buying new ones. eBayt is
also great for finding nice clothes cheap if you know your
exact size/measurement. Sometimes I will buy brands that
I get a lot, but they don't fit so now I only buy things (pants)
with the measurements.
I started in a 28 and am now a 22. Some clothes were perfectly fine but
just did not sell on eBay so I donated them to a place that provides
clothes for low income women who are job hunting. Also you
can't eBay used bras and underwear (mine were in brand new condition
still I swear!) and the Salvation Army won't take them either so I donated
them to a womens shelter, they were very thankful to get them. I don't know
if you have ever shopped thrift stores or the Salvation Army for large clothes
but the selection is almost nonexistent. We either wreck our clothes or wear
them to death....so its hard for the womens shelter to get large sizes - they
were very happy to get my stuff. It was the more casual weekend clothes and the bras & undies but still, it was clean, useable clothing for someone who probably had next to nothing.
If you have someone in your family who can sew a lot of things can
be altered. I am still wearing skirts that I had my mom take in. Full
skirts she took in the waist and straight skirts she just zipped up the
side with the sewing machine and now they fit great. Also if you run
an elastic along the back of your pants it pulls them in like the whole
pant was taken in - you can only get about another size out of them
but still, thats a size you didn't have to buy. I spent too much
money for a lot of this stuff - I want to get as much mileage as I can.
And even though its mostly all Lane Bryant, and sizes in the 20's, I
like how I dress darn it and I want to hang on to as much as I can.
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

I am still in my "fat" clothes. I will probably just donate them to Goodwill. I have refused to buy anything new for a long time. I really am unhappy at the size I am so I am not to attached to anything!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #13  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm going to have a clothes swap party with a bunch of girls of all different sizes and hope that I can give some away there. It's tough being in Japan because there are very few thrift shops/charitable organizations to donate to!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #14  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

I go through my closet once a month and get rid of everything that is too big. I have made it a point to say to myself that I know I will never be at that size again, so why keep these items? I give everything to Goodwill, and when I take a bag up there once a month, I purchase a few items that fit. I try to go on 50% off days. I have dropped from a size 18 to a 12 so far, so wearing the same clothes is not an option. I will get a nice new wardrobe as soon as I reach goal.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I've donated a few bags of clothes to the local women's shelter. They are always in need, especially of plus sized clothing. As a side note, if a man in your life is losing weight as well, men's shelters, or organizations like Teen Challenge (drug/alcohol rehab for teens and young men) will gladly take men's clothing.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote