Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #1  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Default dramatic style changes with weightloss

Has anyone drastically changed their hair/clothes after or during weightloss?

i'm not sure what my style is now. it's hard to know what i like. i keep looking going, nope, nope,.....untill i find something i like lol.

i'm looking forward to finally getting my hair styled. maybe some color.

any good stories?
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #2  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm not at goal yet, but I've notice that I'm much pickier when I go shopping. I used to think I was depressed about the long journey of losing weight, but now I think my mindset has changed. When I was bigger, I bought anything that looked "good" -- i.e. wasn't tight, didn't give me any extra rolls, etc. It didn't matter that they were all shapeless and average, I bought because I felt like I had to. By no means did I dress frumpy/sloppy/like I didnt care...I actually think I had a pretty good sense of style (a tad plain), given my options.

Now, I pickier because I enjoy finding things that not only fit but flatter. I'm much more adventurous with different styles...skinny jeans, tighter dresses, 4 inch heels, shirts that fit properly, etc. Its fun when I find something great, but mentally exhausting that it takes so much more effort. Part of my pickiness now is not wanting to spend too much money on clothes that I wont be wearing for very long. Once I'm at goal I'm planning on doing a complete wardrobe overhaul, so shopping *hopefully* won't be so tiring (and I'm someone who has always loved an all-day shopping trip).

Last edited by BarristerGirl; 12-07-2010 at 01:10 AM.
BarristerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I haven't changed much style wise yet. For years fat has been my camouflage, and clothes what I used to camouflage the camouflage.

I've grown my hair since I started losing in May. It's below my shoulders now, the longest it's ever been. I haven't done much with it yet but it Is a symbol of feeling I have feminine possibilities - I've always had short and sensible before.

I've read up on dressing to suit your body shape, not fat-specific. I am an unremitting apple, fat or thin, so I've started dressing in ways suggested to suit that - V-neck tops, short skirts, a blouse over the top that buttons under the bust and falls away, tops that aren't boxy but do stop at the (notional) waist. I'm getting used to the idea of dressing to suit my shape, not just to drown it.

I am going to a Colour Me Beautiful consultation in January partly for the treat of it and partly genuinely to get some ideas about colour and style.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

Not yet near my goal weight but I already have one dramatic change planned - to perm/curl my hair. So I'm growing it long now.

But when I reach or am close to my goal weight, I'll also decide on what style of clothes I'd like to wear. Right now I'm always in jeans, shirts and sneakers... my friends are starting to complain how bland I look.
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Im currently smaller than I have ever been and I feel like I have to find a whole new style, but I don't know what that style should be. I am able to wear items that I never have before and don't know where to start looking. It also doesn't help that usually have my 1.5 year old in tow so I can't try stuff on.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I don't have a good story but yes, I've changed! LOL! I cut my hair short, first of all and love it! I've never been self-confident enough for short hair, but I am now.

As far as style, I'm working on it. I've gone from all hand-me downs from friends, co-works and family members to having to figure out what *I* actually like. I finally learned how to dress the fat body with high waisted shirts that flare at the hip and now I have a hard time finding that style in my current size. That has been a problem. I still think that style looks best on me. I need to figure out to dress this me and it isn't always easy.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I have hair to my belt... if I was wearing one.. lol.. But at my ultimate goal of 160, I plan to chop off my hair, to my shoulders, at least. Angle cut, short in the back, so I can wear cute pony tails that are teeny tiny and all thin-girl-having.

Yey.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
I have hair to my belt... if I was wearing one.. lol.. But at my ultimate goal of 160, I plan to chop off my hair, to my shoulders, at least. Angle cut, short in the back, so I can wear cute pony tails that are teeny tiny and all thin-girl-having.

Yey.
Yeah, mine is curly so I have a bob that is short in the back and angled toward the front. I like it. But I'm too old for pony tails.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #9  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

LOL at our hair choices!

When I got to 136 last time, I cut my hair really short and feathery. I thought I looked gamine, even elfin. Then someone asked me how the chemotherapy was going, and that kind of made me wonder exactly how I did look!

I've made an appointment today for January, just before I go on holiday, for a hair styling at what sounds like quite a cool salon. It was a groupon coupon offer £14 instead of £51.... so we'll see.
It's the day after the Colour me Beautiful, and the day before the nails... so I suppose I'm taking greater care of myself now than ever before!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post

When I got to 136 last time, I cut my hair really short and feathery. I thought I looked gamine, even elfin. Then someone asked me how the chemotherapy was going, and that kind of made me wonder exactly how I did look!
You are on a roll today! I don't know whether to laugh or hug you! LOL! That's a lot like the "when are you due" bumble.

Last edited by Eliana; 12-07-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #11  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Yeah, mine is curly so I have a bob that is short in the back and angled toward the front. I like it. But I'm too old for pony tails.
YEY! I think I'm as excited about the hair as I am about my future self, lol. I want to be able to curl it, or wear it in little buns, whatever I want. Ive always had long hair, always, and I can't remember the last time it was shorter than my bra strap, the one that goes across my back.

Lol. I can't wait to see the new me!! woo!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I still have a long way to go, but as I lose I find myself spending a lot more time on my hair. I used to be a wash and airdry type person. Now I bought I hair drying and a flat iron. I use the flat iron to do loose curls. I also find myself wearing makeup more. I never go out of the house now without mascara and lipstick/gloss.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #13  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i may always be a wash and go girl, but trying to make a little more effort, so it looks as good as it does in my head. getting layers will help with that.

the less i do to my hair, the curly/wavy/er it is. go figure.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote