Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Question regarding loose skin

What I can't figure out is that during the 3 times I was pregnant years ago (20-30 years ago....3 times), I got HUGE in the belly (had pretty big babies) and when I'd lose the weight each time afterwards, I had barely any loose skin and could easily exercise back to having a really nice abdomen (one that would not be embarrassing to expose...in a bathing suit, etc.).

But this time, I have quite a bit of unattractive loose skin on my abdomen/belly area. Now granted, thanks to a medication, I reached a weight (195 lb.) that was about 20 lbs. more than any of my 3 pregnancies (174)....BUT most of my pregnancy weight was in my belly whereas this time, the fat was all over...hips, thighs, torso, etc. I would definitely say that my belly was not nearly as big at 195 lbs. than it was when I was 9 months pregnant, even though I weighed less then.

So why do I have all this loose skin on my belly now whereas I didn't after any of the 3 pregnancies? And it seems pretty apparent to me, just by looking at it, that it's not something I can make any huge improvement in just by exercising. I'm sure it would help.....don't get me wrong...but I feel pretty sure that exercising won't fix it.
Oh...and just to add....I have skin that apparently doesn't get stretch marks. I have no stretch marks anywhere, despite 3 pregnancies and getting really fat. So kinda disappointing to see my belly skin fail on me so badly this time. I'd assumed that I must have skin that snaps back....but now see that I don't, clearly.

Listen, I'm 58 and sure don't need to be exposing my belly in anything, bathing suit or not. It's certainly not the end of the world and I'm thrilled that I look fab in clothes now. But I'm just really curious about this. Does anyone know why this happened this way?

Thanks, deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Age!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Seriously? Is that what it is? Age?

And the thing is....I have NO saggy skin anywhere else. Every single other prior fat place snapped back....but not the belly.
I was kinda thinking about that Kate Gosselin (who I can't stand, BTW) who needed a tummy tuck for terribly loose belly skin after carrying sextuplets. Now sure....6 babies is not one baby....but she's a lot younger than I am. And in reality, how far can one's belly stretch (before it would burst)? No matter how many babies are in there?
And I definitely had a huge belly 9 months pregnant. People said I was swaying like a ship when I walked....while leaning back, trying to support the belly.

PLUS....I have seen celebrities who have babies, at an older age....and can wear bikinis. Why? They can't ALL have had tummy tucks, have they?

(I realize I put this in the wrong forum....should have put it in the one for body issues after weight loss....but didn't notice it until just now.)

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The fact is our skin loses elasticity as we age.....sad but true.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote