Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

I actually stumbled upon that first coral, orange-y red dress at Nordstrom's sale rack and tried it on. Instant love. Bought it. I find it beautiful but I do hope it is not a little too much, if you know what I mean. I am unsure of whether I should step delicately with nondescript gold shoes to keep it nice, or funky it up a little with pink strappy shoes or the like, and casual, chintz-colored type of bracelet/watch. I feel like keeping it fun might help convey that I didn't mistake someone else's wedding for my debutante ball? But what do I know ... Until last year I mostly wore black pants with a rotation of 2XL shirts :-)
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I love the dress you picked out--soooo cute! I bet you look amazing in it!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #18  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePicketFences View Post
I feel like keeping it fun might help convey that I didn't mistake someone else's wedding for my debutante ball? But what do I know ... Until last year I mostly wore black pants with a rotation of 2XL shirts :-)
I too have the feeling that I may not always be dressing appropriately now that my clothing options have increased so much! But having so much fun now getting dressed and coming up with "outfits" from my Goodwill finds, creative sewing and pieces that were somehow in closets and drawers for more than 20 years.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

I have the same problem with the sleeves so I use shrugs and found a really nice one at Nordstrom recently.

If you picked that first dress and love it then good for you! It's a bit girly girl which is not bad but you might want to even it out with nude/beige pumps and and a small nude/beige purse. Nude pumps are in season now and overall timeless.

I hope you have fun.
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote