Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #16  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymae View Post
I am over 50 and we had slip and pantie checks AT SCHOOL! Actually I got sent home from PUBLIC SCHOOL in third grade for not wearing plain white panties. Apparently panties with rosebuds on them were a "gateway" to becoming a slut later in life. ..

And actually I was a bit of a slut... but it was the late 1960's and really who wasn't?

As for tampons... they were for "married ladies" ONLY! We virgins used "napkins", a huge wad of polyester fluff encases in a bandage gaze. These were held in place by something called a "sanitary napkin belt"... Sound gross? Well, it is actually MORE gross than it even sounds... AH, the Memories!
that's hilarious!! rosebuds on undies=satan's panties. Ha!

when i was young and the school herded all of us girls to the auditorium for the talk, they showed us how to use the belt. we all looked at each other like "WFT? Isnt this a little abstract for a group of twn year olds?"
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundahthighs View Post
eroica27 - I think our age group, I'm 30, is on the edge of the hose-no hose debate. I am so sensitive about acting old, I would prefer hose, but then all the 19 year-olds look at me like I'm gonna get my cross stitch out of my purse any second. At least in my mind.
I wonder how much of the hose/no hose debate is generational, and how much is locational. I'm 32 and lived in Florida for most of my young adulthood, and would rather die than wear anything on my legs. My sister is 5 years older and has lived most of her life in the midwest (she stayed there when my family moved to Florida when I was 15) and wears panythose with all skirts/dresses, and trouser socks with pants.

I was shocked when she told me that pantyhose were actually part of the dress code at her work. Give me bare legs and sandals!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #18  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

I grew up in St Louis and in the right wing, conservative areas at that. so outside of summer, the ladies were expected to go the whole nine yards for about half my life. its relatively a new thing that pantyhose/trouser socks are no longer expected in the business casual work force...same with visible tattoos.
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #19  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I actually just had my first thigh high experience a few weeks ago. And ended up going through 3 pairs...it was quite the ordeal, but a learning experience.

I was horrified when I first put the stockings on. First of all, I got the size that was recommended for my height and weight, but they were beyond skin tight. (Yes, I know that's the point, but I shouldn't lose circulation in my legs to look sexy.) And then my eyes fell upon the HUGE overflowing bulge of flubbery flat that was being squished out of and over the top of the stockings. It was horrific.

However, I refrained from ripping them off and burning them in the bathroom sink until I tried to the garters and they helped. They pulled the stockings up just that much further and enough to tuck the rebellious fat back in.

I got mine at Victoria's secret. They do have plus sizes and types for taller girls at other stores. And most are really not that expensive. (No more than $20 and usually less.) Just shop around and keep an open mind!

Last edited by ThicknPretty; 08-30-2010 at 04:20 PM.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

First off, I love the hipsandcurves website!!! I found that site years ago while looking for some corsets and I absolutely fell in love. I have yet to actually PURCHASE anything from there, though. But when I get closer to goal, I'm gonna STOCK UP!!!

Now...maybe I'm the only one but I only wear thigh-highs when I'm *ahem* not gonna be doing a whole lot of walking. *nudge nudge wink wink* However it IS a pain in the but for them to try to roll down in the middle of, well, play time. So thanks for the suggestions here...I will definitely put them to use in the future.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote