Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #1  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Staging a comeback - book

I just bought the book Staging Your Comeback: A Complete Beauty Revival for Women Over 45 by Christopher Hopkins. So far I've gotten partially through the first chapter. OMG! There's emotional work in this! I'm feeling anger, frustration, anxiety, a lot of old memories coming up. I decided to go through the process on my blog, if you want to follow along with my "progress". Feel free to leave comments, because I want to hear from others who are also struggling with what everyone else tells us we're supposed to look like but still trying to figure out who we really are. I found that I need to do this so that my vision of who I am is clearer to me. It helps me renew my motivation, to have a concrete goal beyond just being thinner or feeling good, since I don't ever recall being/feeling like that ever.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

I just put this one in my shopping card on Amazon, Georgia--thanks for the tip. I'll look for it at my local bookstore when I go to town today (doubtful that they'll have it).
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Interesting. I'm really glad you've found something that makes your vision of you "clearer to you." That'd be kind of important, I'd think! I'll see if I can sniff out this book around here, too.

Oh goodness, my library is amazing. They have twelve copies--and eleven are available. I've been thinking about this for a few months. I think I may cry with relief. (Hmmm, I wonder if it's TOM?!)

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 09-30-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

Hey! I didn't even think of the library! I live in a rural area but all the libraries are somehow connected and there are 3 copies. I can order one of those online and have it mailed to my door. Duh! Thanks, Alana, for the suggestion.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #5  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Great stuff, windchime.

Let me know what you think of it.

He has this questionnaire for you to determine you "personal style." Mine came out "classic" and "casual." I thought that would be a contradiction--but it turns out you are to pick "buzzwords" from each style category to come up with your own style "definition." I haven't quite settled on mine yet, but I love the concept!

I stayed up very late last night reading through it. I was gaga over his "makeover" ladies--they look fabulous.

I am so excited to have the book! I'm going to decide later whether I want a copy for myself or not.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote