Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Angry My clothes are annoying me!!!

I know I've only lost 21lbs but the difference is showing in my body, I'm not saying I've dropped a million dress sizes but my clothes just don't fit me anymore. They make me look bigger in places that I've lost inches on, and hang off my body in an awkward way. My cardigans are all too loose, my dresses fall down/ look baggy... the only thing that fits are my leggings!!! lol

I am not complaining just to complain , because I'm really happy that for once they're not fitting because I'm losing weight but I just don't know what to do. I can't really afford to go and buy the clothes I love because I know they won't fit me within another 6 weeks and it's just too much money.

But I really feel like I need to get something that shows off the 1.5 stones I have lost and makes me feel good. I have started going out to clubs with my friends again and I just don't feel I have anything I can wear or even customise. Do I go shopping or just leave it???

Thanks
xxxxx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Buy cheap clothes- I've been buying clothes at places like walmart, target, and those stores that sell $5 clothes. I've actually found some cute shirts for only $5 a shirt
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Ditto on the cheap clothes. 2nd hand stores are good. You need a few new things, but you don't have to go overboard.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #4  

I agree with the ladies above me. Maybe for now get a pair of black pants or skirt that fits you right. It can go with absolutely anything and for now that takes care of the money issues since you know you'll be wearing a smaller size anyway.

Or get something right now that's very snug on you right now (but fits!) but you know will get looser and more comfortable the more weight you lose so you can wear that for a longer amount of time.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #5  
back on track

S/C/G: 184/ticker/130(?)

Height: 5'8"

You should buy some new clothes..maybe from goodwill or walmart or something. How are you going to appreciate your losses if you're still wearing the same old clothing? I find when i don't wear my size, i still feel like i'm my old size and i haven't lost anything.
mandi<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #6  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Can you handsew or do you have a sewing machine? Or know someone? Maybe you can tailor some of your favorite things!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #7  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile Goodwill:

The Goodwill Stores in our area have some FABULOUS finds, and usually have sales on top of the already low prices. I am planning to buy all my "in between clothes" there, and then when I get to goal, I will buy some things there, but I will definitely be going on a shopping spree then. I am starting to save money for goal clothes now. I am putting so much money away per pound that I lose so when I get to goal, I will have a decent amount of money to spend. We have to watch money very closely with me not working, so I completely understand. Another thing I do, say I want some dark chocolate which is okay for me to eat, but sometimes I find I have to get away from it for a while, instead of buying the dark chocolate, I'll put the money that I would have spent on it in the "Goal Clothes Shopping Spree Jar". It also helps with other things, too...anything I might pass up, the money for it goes in the jar.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

I second Goodwill!
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #9  

As fun as new clothes are, I suggest taking your best/favorite clothes in to a seamstress. Taking a waistline will cost you much less than buying new clothes. Keep this in mind if you buy new things in your size now, but keep losing weight.
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Sorry but I have to third Goodwill! Yes taking in clothes isn't very expensive, but there is something totally rewarding about just being able to buy something new and different as opposed to wearing the same clothes......
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I agree, clothes that are too big make me look bigger than I really am now. I looked at my winter clothes that are way too big and decided I'm not wearing them again. I've worn them for at least 3 winters now. I'll deal with that when it gets colder.

I bought several pair of pants new, because I don't have much luck finding good fits at thrift stores. They were inexpensive and are now loose but look good. For now, I buy an occasional shirt at a thrift, but haven't bought anything new because I am loosing steadily right now.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Thanks so much, I wish I lived in America to have Goodwill
I went and tried some stuff on and decided that it's better to wait till I've hit 2stones and then treat myself.
Thanks again guys!!
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #13  

Definitely go to a tailor. I've lost 21lbs, as well. At 10#, I had my favorite skirt taken in and am just now getting ready to retire it. It's A-line, so it was easy to tailor at the waist, but I think it will look wonky if I take it in a second time.

And, I always have my jeans tailored anyway for length and waist. After two pregnancies and c-sections, my midsection is a disaster, so I have to buy jeans 1-2 sizes bigger than what fits my thighs and waist. It's the below-the-bellybutton part that's the problem.

Making minor adjustments to off-the-rack clothes makes a huge, huge difference. In America, not many people take their clothes to the tailor, but in Europe, it's far more commonplace. I'm sure you can find a good tailor.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #14  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Go to thrift stores, get clothes there. When they become too big donate them back, get new stuff. Rinse repeat.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote