Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #1  
rainy

Default my feet are getting bigger???

Lol, I don't get it! This morning I tried to wear shoes that used to fit me but since those are high heels I couldn't use them for a while due to an accident. So was meant to be the first day with my old shoes and they fit but are too tight. Just like my feet grew up, but I'm 23, guess I'm over the growth period, and it was morning so sure it wasn't swelling. Same happened yesterday with another pair of shoes I didn't use since a while but I didn't pay attention, today was the second so...it tells me something!
Lol, can feet 'restart' growing??

Last edited by rainy; 03-26-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Have you had a baby? After my children were born, I needed new shoes! I used to wear a 6.5 or 7 - now I'm anywhere between an 8 and a 9! Crazy! My feet grew, my hair got darker - it was kind of weird.

Other than that - I don't have any suggestions as to what it could be.
Mainah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

I used to wear moderately high heels but then as I got heavier I started wearing flatter shoes and trousers for comfort. I wear Hotter shoes now and have done for about 15 years. Now I can't wear my heelier ones for long because my feet have just sort of sighed and spread. Length-wise I'm still a UK5 but I need a wider fitting now.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

The same thing happened to me. I grew one complete size and I am in my 30's. I started running and supposedly what happens is that your arch drops you begin working out (heavy cardio) and elongates your feet. So, I went from an 8M to a 9N.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Got some interesting news for you ladies ~ YOUR FEET GROW YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! I used to wear a size 7 normal and now wear a size 9 DW (double wide or ww); and so I gave away all my old shoes which were all like new and had to buy new ones. This year I had to buy new boots and was stunned that my usual 8w didn't fit anymore; couldn't even get my foot in the boot.

My father jokingly says that the Chinese (and other footwear manufacturers on the other side of the world) are making shoes and boots for the 'little people', but then I was informed of this little fact that our feet are one thing that continues to grow throughout our lifetime; plus as someone else mentioned, they can flatten out and widen, and swell up from fatigue and other health conditions ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-26-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Oh man, that is the most awful thing I ever read! I'm 39 and I've worn a size 13 since I was in college! What am I going to do if they grow??? 13's virtually impossible to find ~ where would I find 14s??????????????? OK I'm going to go sob now...
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Actually . . . . . . your feet, your ears, and your nose all continue to grow.

We are probably lucky that we don't have a 300 year lifespan or our big feet would be tripping over our floor-dusting earlobes because we wouldn't be able to see where we weere going because of the obstruction of our pinocchio-length noses.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #8  

My nose will grow too! Oh.....

I had a child, for some reason, my shoe size didn't change, then when I gained a LOT of weight, I went from a 7-7.5 to an 8-8.5 and I think I'm movin on up!
lilith48858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #9  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
The same thing happened to me. I grew one complete size and I am in my 30's. I started running and supposedly what happens is that your arch drops you begin working out (heavy cardio) and elongates your feet. So, I went from an 8M to a 9N.
Exercise makes your feet get bigger? Wow. Mine got smaller when I lost weight, maybe my shoes that are now too big will fit again as I run more!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Got some interesting news for you ladies ~ YOUR FEET GROW YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!
Unless you want them to, apparently, lol... my mom wears a 5 or smaller, and has the hardest time finding shoes. She's just above the kids sizes but far below that magical size 6 that EVERYTHING comes in. Her feet haven't gotten any bigger since she was a teenager. She'd be thrilled if that happened! Maybe there's still hope!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

Technically, your foot bones are fully developed by age 25. But from then on, the ligaments start to weaken and your feet may flatten and spread. Putting on weight can add to the problem. And during pregnancy, when changing hormones make your ligaments especially loose, you may gain a full shoe size.
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #12  
rainy

Oh, I'm really glad to hear your experiences, I thought it was just so weird to have my feet growing, lol!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:37 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy View Post
Lol, I don't get it! This morning I tried to wear shoes that used to fit me but since those are high heels I couldn't use them for a while due to an accident. So was meant to be the first day with my old shoes and they fit but are too tight. Just like my feet grew up, but I'm 23, guess I'm over the growth period, and it was morning so sure it wasn't swelling. Same happened yesterday with another pair of shoes I didn't use since a while but I didn't pay attention, today was the second so...it tells me something!
Lol, can feet 'restart' growing??
hi,rainy!
Actually it is completely normal because we have lot of hormones in food now than before and it really spreads through your whole body.
jusmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #14  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I just read that this happens today...could be it!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Exercise makes your feet get bigger? Wow. Mine got smaller when I lost weight, maybe my shoes that are now too big will fit again as I run more!
Mine got narrower, not smaller, so I was able to wear shoes I thought were too small for me. I have a bad habit of buying cute shoes on the internet, where you can obviously not try them on beforehand. I was later able to wear the shoes because my feet lost weight along with the rest of me. My feet aren't huge to begin with, but they are somewhat wide, so that;'s the reason I had troubles finding shoes that fit properly.

Sad about the nose growing though, everyone in my family has a sizable nose. It doesn't need to get any bigger...
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote