Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-20-2008, 02:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Bra shopping in Canada/Montreal

If you're 'well endowed', where do you shop? I refuse to do mail order - I'm just not willing to spend $$$ on something I can't try on first (been there, done that, t-shirt, etc...). I just picked up a couple of new cheapish bras when I went on holiday in Florida - I needed new ones because I have lost weight and my old ones were, ummm... seriously heading south. So after trying on fifty brazilian bras, I figured out I am a size 36DD right now. I have found most of my local stores only stock big cup sizes in 38 or larger.

I have always been busty, even when I was thin, so the DD isn't likely to get much smaller, even if the band size does, and when my current stash start to head south as well, I will be stuck with poorly fitting bras again.

BP
bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:00 AM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I buy my bra from Fredricks of Hollywood or Victoria's Secret.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #3  
Wannabe fitness junkie

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Well, I don't know about Montreal, but if you ever pop by Ottawa, try Brachic. I've never had better service, or quality. And they cater to us bustier gals (I'm a 36F). I'm sure there are similar lingerie stores in Montreal. Just stay away from the big names (la Senza and La vie en Rose, for instance) and look for independent lingerie stores.

Good luck!
cara0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:43 PM   #4  

Thanks shopaholic, but I am looking for Canadian stores

Cara - I do get to Ottawa once or twice a year, so I will look up Brachic next time I'm there! LaSenza and La Vie En Rose are definitely not for me . There are lots of independent local stores, but all the ones I have found so far specialize in normal sized $$$$$$$$$$$ bras. Not for me either!

BP
Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #5  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I get bras from addition elle, but I don't know if they have smaller sizes around though because I have been over 40 for as long as I can remember. They do have cutish bras. I think I recall seeing 36 and 34. You could always call!

Last edited by Beautiful Ace; 12-21-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #6  
Wannabe fitness junkie

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I used to get mine from AE too, but their bra range is 38 to 44 or something like that. Once my band size dropped to 36, I suddenly found myself without a lingerie store. Very sad day, since I always found the AE bras kind of cute (especially the lace ones).

If anybody ever wants to try online shopping, I utterly adore figleaves! And they have ALL sizes, even the very odd ones.
cara0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #7  

I did check at Addition Elle, but they said they didn't carry 36. I didn't think to ask if they meant that particular store, or the whole chain. I think I will call them anyway - it wouldn't hurt to see if they can be ordered in or if other stores carry them...

It's kind of irritating that the general assumption seems to be big boobs only come with a big band. Most of my weight is on my hips and thighs, but I also have big boobs that are unrelated to being heavy. I've always had too-big boobs, even when I was thin.

I'm going to go check what brands The Bay stocks, maybe I can contact the manufacturers and see what sizes they make, and take that info to the store.

That figleaves place looks neat too, but mail order and my boobs don't mix

BP