Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #1  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Gappy pants

I have been having trouble finding pants that fit correctly. I know that it is because the last weight needs to come off my hips and butt, but it's really annoying!

My waist is 30 inches, and my hips are 41, so I can cram my butt into 8-10s which fit the waist, but are pretty tight. Or, I can wear the size 12 which fits comfortably at hips, but gives me a big gap at the waist. I use a belt, but the extra fabric looks really bunchy.

I still shop at consignment stores because of the changes my body is going through, so I don't want to tailor anything, either.

Guess I just need to vent a bit.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default What a great idea

...to go to a consignment store for the inbetween clothes.Maybe you could even sell them back after you loss all the weight and make your money back. Thanks for the idea and congrats on your continuing weight loss, you are an inspiration.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

This may sound crazy, but the best fit I have gotten is the JLo brand of jeans. They are made for girls with a bit more hips.....
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hah! Consighment stores! That's where I should go (although we don't have too many here). My problem is just the opposite though. EVERYTHING is too wide in the hips - I have never had much of an hourglass figure even when I was 20 and slim - I have narrow hips and hardly any butt (for a woman). And of course, EVERYTHING is too short and I look like we are expecting flood.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I just bought some Dockers "Ideal Fit." They say they're for you if your waist is a size smaller than your hips.

I had been trying things on all day (I cannot find any pants at Old Navy that don't have a ridiculous ill-fitting gap at the back waist. None.), and these fit so nicely at the waist, I didn't even care that the shortd weren't on sale and it's not like I'll be wearing them terribly long I think I squealed I was desperate for a couple shorts that weren't falling off. And as a bonus, they seem to be sized on the waist not the hips, so I was in a smaller size than I've seen in lo, these many years.

The size chart says the Ideal Fit is for hips >8" bigger than waist. Now, mine is more like 11-12" (this morning 32.25 and 43.5), and these shorts/pants have *no* gap at the back waist. I got a size 12, which is a bit too tight, but I'd like to be able to wear them for more than a couple weeks
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hate to be a downer, but even at goal, I can't find pants that fit. Some people just don't have that "standard" body that things are cut to fit.

You CAN find certain brands that work for you, and usually that'll help you feel better about it, but don't assume that getting to goal will fix the problem. Try to do some sleuthing to find brands that are made to fit your shape, try EVERYTHING on, and you'll find a way to make it work.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote