Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/176.4/130

Height: 5ft

Default Few quick bra questions

Hi,
IT seems like lately I have to buy all of my bras online. I was hoping I could get a few recommendations from people. I really need a new strapless bra as mine is to small so i get that side breast pouring out type thing. I have been measure and I am a 38, DDD. I found two bras and they are brands Va Bien and Glamorise. Does anyone have experience with these brands. Also if anyone could recommend good sports bras and regular bras that arent totally unattractive for this size I'd really appreciate it. Lately bra shopping makes me really miserable. Thanks in advance
emcmac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've had Glamorise bras, and I have really liked them. I usually shop Redcat stores (Roaman's, Women Within, Onestopplus, BCOutlet). They recently bought out Avenue - One Stop included merchandise from all of the individual stores, though there are some differences, so I usually check all 4 sites independently,
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Maidenform has a pretty good selection of bras of all types. I personally swear by Title 9 for my sports bras. I'm a 36D, but they have super supportive ones for all shapes and sizes.
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Urgh I HATE bra shopping.. I am practically in tears when I leave the store.. most of the time carrying nothing.. or I will buy a bunch and just end up returning them when they are too small or too big..

the 38 DD are way too WIDE in the cup area ( the wire ends up irratating my armpit buy sticking in it) or are too small with my boobs spilling out when I try a 36 D.. and I can NEVER find a 36 DD.... >< unless I get the ones that make my boobs look super saggy as they do need a little boost up.

Walmart at one point have a push up bra for 13 dollars that fit me.. but alas they dont make my size anymore.. I bought all I could.. and I only have 2 bras left.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #5  
Dieting Dolly

I am close to your size. I buy them from Avenue- they keep those sizes in stock.
YeahYeahYeah67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #6  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

If you don't mind spending some money on bras, I suggest trying Wacoal. You can get them in some of the more upscale department stores like Macys or Nordstroms. I am a 34DD and it is very very hard to find bras in this size - apparently people with DD size breasts should not have a 34 band according to most bra makers - but I've found that Wacoal makes plenty of bras in this size, and they are very supportive. They are also very pretty. I think they run $40-$60 depending on which kind you get.

As far as strapless bras go, I bought some maiden form strapless bras to give a try this season, and I just can't bring myself to wear them outside the house. I tried them on repeatedly in the store before buying them, and they seemed alright, but I am too scared to leave the house, that they are going to fall down. I'm almost resigned to think that no 34DD breasts are going to stay put with any strapless bra.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote