Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

Default Sunless tanner disasters

I'm too fair-skinned (read: pasty) for the actual sun, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I wanted a little bit of color on my blinding white legs for the summer wardrobe so I bought a bottle of neutrogena build-a-tan lotion.

After doing my legs, without thinking I started rubbing it into my dry hands. It didn't take me long to realize how dumb this was and run into the bathroom to wash it off but aparantly I had also rubbed a nice big streak up the inside of my very very pale forearm. This morning it looks incredibly silly, like a chocolate mishap or something, and I can't wash it off!

I'm guessing I'm not the only one to mess this up the first time? Thank god I didnt touch my face at all!

PS - does anyone know when this will go away?
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

it'll fade ... try the spray tan at the tanning salon...but make sure you rub it all in evenly. I once had quite the experience with that... but the tan comes out looking super great if you really make sure to get it all. careful with the knuckles and back of knees/elbows.
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Scrub it off with lemon juice and sugar. The lemon bleaches it, and the sugar is a gentle, effective scrub!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #4  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I tried it once on my lower legs. Summer was approaching, and I wanted a healthy looking glow rather than my usual pasty glare.

I ended up looking like I had dirty feet.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

I think it looks alright on the legs, it's really light. The more times you use it the darker it gets (so sayeth the bottle but I'm not trying it). I guess it's so you dont show up to work having gone from pasty to Brazil in one day!
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #6  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I use Loreal Sublime Bronze tanning towelettes. I always make sure I thoroughly moisturize my hands (also elbows, knees, and ankles) right before I put it on so that the drier areas of my skin don't suck up all the tan. The towelettes are nice because it dries fast and it's pretty big, so it's pretty easy to get it all on evenly. The only difficult part to get is my back, so I have someone else help me out there.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

I am a fair-skinned pink tone blonde....I've been using Tan-towels for years and I never streak....I save them after a use and also apply the Neutrogena foam. Both work well with my skintone and I don't look fakie, just like a real tan.

I prefer the Tantowels most (but they can be pricy), they dry immediately and I can wear a white top with no marks.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote